new PrEditor video = AWESOME !

jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
edited June 2009 in General Modding
that video is just so totally awesome
http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fusea ... videoid=76

how long did it take to do that ?
or is that your normal working speed ? :D

if that video doesn't get people salivating over this new game then nothing will

and is it true "That third class is destined to be a hybrid of warrior and mage..." ?
although that could mean just about anything :)
I don't have a sig

Comments

• Glad you like it!

I think that room took about 4.5 hours. It's playing at 40-50x speed, and I messed up and didn't record the lighting phase. Hopefully I or someone else can do another video like this with a different tileset, it's fun to watch. |^)
  • heronheron Posts: 637
    that video is awesome! quick question, can we place monsters inside the preditor or it's totally up to the random generation of the engine?
  • GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    heron wrote:
    that video is awesome! quick question, can we place monsters inside the preditor or it's totally up to the random generation of the engine?

You can hand-place spawners and not have any random monsters if you want.
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Nice Technique!!!!!I would have never thought about placing the objects I need onto the map then copy/pasting them when I need them(at least that what I think you did). Not only did I see how awesome preditor is, but I learned something :p

One question
    Whats the largest size we can make 1 "floor" of a dungeon?
    Gbrown wrote:
    heron wrote:

You can hand-place spawners and not have any random monsters if you want.

that's really good news, thanks Greg!
    Omnifas wrote:
    Nice Technique!!!!!I would have never thought about placing the objects I need onto the map then copy/pasting them when I need them(at least that what I think you did). Not only did I see how awesome preditor is, but I learned something :p

One question

that's a good question, i wouldnt mind playing on a floor for a few hours.

another question, can we mix different tilesets?
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    heron wrote:
    Yes, to an extent... I asked the exact same question about a week ago :lol:
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    heron wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42&start=21
    I don't have a sig
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    jamesL wrote:
    heron wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42&start=21
    Yeah that's the one! Thanks jamesl
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Volbard wrote:
    Glad you like it!

I think that room took about 4.5 hours. It's playing at 40-50x speed, and I messed up and didn't record the lighting phase. Hopefully I or someone else can do another video like this with a different tileset, it's fun to watch. |^)

Hope you guys do one with the exterior tileset :D
  • cfphelpscfphelps Posts: 33
    Definitly sweet to watch it come together! And the background music, excellent! If that is any indication of game background music, this game will have great creepy/foreboding ambiance to it while dungeon crawling!
  • Sp3tSnAzSp3tSnAz Posts: 50
    Speaking of that, just out of interest, is that Matt Uleman's music in the background?
    Tyrael-1.gif
  • TiptoeTiptoe Posts: 184
    Ouch! It plays too fast for me, makes me dizzy :(. Any chance we could see it in realtime?
  • GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    Omnifas wrote:

One question

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a hard cap for max size. The only real limit would be that performance load times might start getting poor if the levels are too big. I don't thing we really come close to these limits with our levels, really. Our levels tend to be limited more by what feels too long or too short than by technical limitations.
  • GCoderGCoder Posts: 40
    Sp3tSnAz wrote:
    Speaking of that, just out of interest, is that Matt Uleman's music in the background?

Yep. ;)

Now someone has to make a Diablo Mod! Bring me the Butcher! :twisted:
  • MackanMackan Posts: 56
    Yes, Matt's music is amazing. This darker song was just great. If you listen carefully you can hear several very short elements from Diablo and Diablo II think. And traces of Delerium? Really looking forward to hear more of this.
  • Sp3tSnAzSp3tSnAz Posts: 50
    Yeah that's why I asked... it seems like some parts of that video takes the track directly out of Diablo 2 and Diablo... so was it just used as a sampler? Or does Matt hold rights to some of that music and we'll hear it ingame?
    Tyrael-1.gif
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    Tiptoe wrote:
    Ouch! It plays too fast for me, makes me dizzy :(. Any chance we could see it in realtime?

well he said real time is 4.5 hours and that the video was playing at 40-50x speed
    I don't have a sig