After Ordrak?

JediJasonAJediJasonA Posts: 103
edited March 2010 in Levels
Hey all, just curious if anyone has created/posted an "after Ordrak" mod? Here's what I'm getting at: 1) There's a Waypoint (I still think of them as Stargates, LOL) that's pretty much just a one-way thing in terms of usability...UNLESS there are some even deeper levels (not to mention meaner baddies) to go through; 2) Again with the Waypoints, but AFAIK there are no other waypoints after Ordrak's Lair (whatever it's called in-game) yet there is (in town) plenty of "room on the list of waypoints" <that should be self-explanatory, btw> so why not go deeper into the 'big game' and have some more <to go along with point # 1 I made earlier> - of course, all this depends on whether or not, through the Shadow Vault, there are other Waypoints already to be found.

Anyway, like I said, just curious. :geek:

Comments

• jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7150
    this might do it
    I don't have a sig
  • I'm creating a mod where another town asks for your help with their monster problem, to put it simply. I'm having problems with the scenario though because the character can walk through all the trees and buildings =/
  • @ Armatus:
    maybe try making the props collideable? not sure...

I'm working on a similar project, would love to see it finished but atm im moving at snail pace cos the learning curve for the editor is sort of steep. I try one new thing, feels like i'm doing everything right, then I test it and it doesn't work.

Then suddenly after a couple of hours something strikes me and I realize I should change just that one thing and there it works. Rinse and repeat for something else... takes a long time to learn this by oneself.
    There are tutorials but they don't explain the crucial trivial details. I couldn't expect them to, anyway.

I'd love to fill my mod with entertaining cutscenes but I'm terrorized by even trying to venture into that realm! I haven't yet experimented with timelines and whatnot. Cutscenes seem just complicated speaking from this point in time. Maybe I'll be brave sometime...
    Torched Templates:
    Map Merchant ; Random Talking NPC ;
    Rashnu's Tear Dungeon @ viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14861
    @ http://vrkmods.viviti.com/
  • They are. You have to make a logic group just so a player can end a cut scene shortly lol. Everything in the properties' section is "TRUE" even the collide property. It's just, I don't know either. It **** me off though and doesn't allow me to advance in my modding with a sense of accomplishment.
  • yes I know, I tried taking a look at the very first cutscene for the main gameplay, and when I opened the logic group it felt it would be less confusing if I had stared at a spider's web trying to figure out where it all started.
    Torched Templates:
    Map Merchant ; Random Talking NPC ;
    Rashnu's Tear Dungeon @ viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14861
    @ http://vrkmods.viviti.com/
  • TruxTrux Posts: 81
    Armatus wrote:
    They are. You have to make a logic group just so a player can end a cut scene shortly lol. Everything in the properties' section is "TRUE" even the collide property. It's just, I don't know either. It **** me off though and doesn't allow me to advance in my modding with a sense of accomplishment.

There is a setting for collision range I believe. Like a small pebble can have collision of a truck :D
    And there it is:
    <FLOAT>COLLISION_RADIUS:yourvaluehere
    Haven towards left, Warriors go right.