Throwing Weapons

PogoThePrezPogoThePrez Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in Design
Would be cool to have throwing weapons to use.

Should be doable with custom weapons. Would be really nice if they updated the game to have a throwing weapon equip slot that can be bound to a key to throw.

The throwing weapons would be classified into 3 groups: heavy, light, magic

heavy would consist of throwing axes and spears.
light would consist of throwing daggers, stars, and maybe a blow gun who knows
magic would consist of throwing potions much like diablos potions. Would be fire, poison, and other various magic effects like silence.

Comments

• AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    Haha, it would be funny if it looked like old Gauntlet. Unlimited axe after axe just flying out of you.
  • LukongLukong Posts: 44
    Or they can just build a weapon that the character holds in there hand and fires the weapon. For example, Character holding a knife and knife is thrown, knife disappears in character's hands and reappears after weapon hits.

Other ideas
    - Certain throwing weapons reload/hit faster allowing faster attacks
    - Exploding, detonating or continuing damage
    - Mine, Grenade, Trap throwing knifes
    - Throw a ally like your pet, small enemy or summoned ally
    Funny this is like dangling meat in front of lions
  • chrish4161chrish4161 Posts: 3
    Would be cool to have throwing weapons to use.

Should be doable with custom weapons. Would be really nice if they updated the game to have a throwing weapon equip slot that can be bound to a key to throw.

The throwing weapons would be classified into 3 groups: heavy, light, magic

heavy would consist of throwing axes and spears.
    light would consist of throwing daggers, stars, and maybe a blow gun who knows
    magic would consist of throwing potions much like diablos potions. Would be fire, poison, and other various magic effects like silence.
    Well different gamers have different ammo to throw. There are three categories for throwing the weapons but knife throwing would be the great art at the same time archer who have a bow as a weapon. So these all are the throwing stuff. I like the knife as a throwing weapon.
  • huntz wrote:
    My throwing weapon was throwing knife of course, i really like throwing a knife. Very challenging!!!

Banned for spam, but you really have to admire how he worked it into the thread.
  • GreataxeGreataxe Posts: 14
    Who cares about the weapon not leaving the characters hands? I don't recall they doing that for my D2 Throwing Barbarian, but he was totally rockin' and heaps of fun to play with. A dual-wielding Destroyer with throwing axes would bring back lots and lots of fond memories! :mrgreen:
    1d12 of pure awesomeness!
  • SarosSaros Posts: 101
    Volbard: 1, Bot: 1

:lol:
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    Sounds like a good idea.

I was also interested in seeing boomerang class weapons though that sounds much harder to do.

Boomer class weapons would include:
    Standard Boomerangs(included bladed boomerangs and other kylie)
    Chakram (like Xena's favored weapon)

or other ricocheting weapons.

I imagine it would be difficult as it would have to be given a specific path and a return-to-sender script at a certain point; but would be REALLY cool to see that.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • In your classification, where does knife belongs?