[MOD] The Chinese Legend:Celestial Mausoleum(available now)

ivanpclivanpcl Posts: 28
edited July 2013 in Mod Showcase
The Chinese Legend : Celestial Mausoleum

Present by Imagism Studio@China

Links

1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/98a1ip or
2. http://u.115.com/file/t02dcb7c3a or
3. http://vspace.cc/file/OQWAB7C9V9DDDZT3.html
(2 and 3 are in Chinese, but don't worry, just click on any of the bottons in the central part of 2. For 3, please enter the code and then click on the central button)

Direct Zip File (for those who don't like to have the exe file)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wwop5n

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bYOoMAvesY

Important Notes

1. Run the EXE file and the mod will be installed to the Mod Directory of Torchlight
2. Paste all the files in the “Music” Folder of mod to the “Music” folder of Torchlight Main Directory (ie. C:\Program Files\Runic Games\Torchlight\music)
3. Please turn off the setting of “HW Skinning” before playing this mod to avoid cryptogenic errors. (HW Skinning could be found in the “settings” page of the main menu)
4. When travelling from one scene to the others, do not use the movement skills like EMBER PAHSE.

5. Before uninstalling the mod, please leave the new scene of the mod to avoid bugs.
6. This mod is only for self entertaining rather than commercial use.
7. Please read my guidance in the following reply posts .
8. It is highly recommended to have the save backup before playing this mod.
9. This mod is for 60 lv ~ 120 lv players... if you find that it is too difficult, please reply and we will try to work on a easiler version
(actually, will it be better to make a version that is suitable for players who are around 35 ~ 50 lv?)

*** Over 90% of the models are made in China. Most of them are the open resources found online and some of them are self-made, if you find any copyright problems, please let me know! ***

Feel Free to use the resources and materials in this mod! (especially for the new buildings, trees etc that contribute to creat new dungeons) The MAX files and BIPs of the new monsters will soon be released too...

New features

1. over 20 new monsters, with new skills, new mesh, new skeleton, new weapon as well as new animation.
(beware of the bosses who can do the COMBO HITS !!)
2. 1 huge Chinese city with new NPCs.(The city is still under constructing, new npcs, new quest, new elements would be added in the future before long)
3. A Chinese style dungeon with 7-floors which filled with traps ( not the traps of Vanquisher, but mechanical traps in real! ) and dangerous creatures.
4. Some new Chinese weapons...
5. Dozens of Chinese Medical Herbs as well as different kinds of Ore are introudced that allow you to seek ways combining them.
6. Mount the Deer that you have caught in the forest... (you will like it if you hate walking slowly in such a big map...)

Hints

1. The portal to the new world is located at the starting point of the game.
2. The portal to Mausoleum is located at the top-right hand corner of the forest, while the portal to the city is located at the bottom part.
3. THe Maps are Huge, Catch Deers In the forest can help you a lots.
4. If you are 60 lv, you will be capable to face the challenges of 1/F ~ 3/F of the Tombs. There is a waygate in 3/F that allows you going back. Consider carefully before deciding to go further.
5. Some Bosses can cast special skills that cause huge damage. But there are ways to dodge ... just pay more attention to their animations.
6. Traps kill you... as well as the monsters......
7. There is One Hidden Boss in the 4/F...
8. We assume that none could defeat the 3 ultimate bosses in 5/F without getting reborn...

HAHA, Weclome to the Mystical World of Ancient China, Enjoy!

Some pictures:

9.jpg

1b.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

11a.jpg

14.jpg

deer.jpg

Comments

• ivanpclivanpcl Posts: 28
    edited February 2010
    The creatures, ghosts and Celestial beings.

Editing
  • List of Ores and Herbs (with chinese characters)

Ore

铜矿石 - Copper Ore
    铁矿石 - Iron Ore
    银矿石 - Silver Ore
    寒铁矿石 - Mithril Ore
    金矿石 - Golden Ore
    真武矿石 - Zhen Wu Ore
    龙元矿石 - Dragon Spirit Ore
    昆山矿玉 - Kun Shan Ore
    玄铁矿石 - Dark Steel Ore
    魔血矿石 - Fel Blood Ore
    水晶矿石 - Crystal Ore
    女媧石 - Nuwa Ore

Herbs

香附 - Rhizoma Cyperi
    川贝 - Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae
    香薷 - Herba Moslae
    甘草 - Radix Glycyrrhizae
    枇杷 - Folium Eriobotryae
    冬虫夏草 - Cordyceps
    何首乌 - Radix Polygoni Multiflori
    牛角- Buffalo Horn Cornu Bubali
    黄连 - Rhizoma Coptidis
    防风 - Radix Saposhnikoviae
    灵芝 - Ganoderma Lucidumseu Sinensis
    龟板 - Carapaxet Plastrum Testudinis
    象贝 - Bulbus Fritillaria Thunbergii
    茯苓 - Poria Cocos
    黄芩 - Scutellaria Baicalensis
    蒲黄 - Cattail Pollen Pollen Typhae

Medicines

香附口服液 - Potion of Rhizoma Cyperi
    川贝口服液 - Potion of Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae
    香薷口服液 - Potion of Herba Moslae
    甘草口服液 - Potion of Radix Glycyrrhizae
    枇杷清肺丸 - Pill of Folium Eriobotryae
    冬虫夏草药丸 - Pill of Cordyceps
    何首乌药丸 - Pill of Radix Polygoni Multiflori
    牛角药丸 - Pill of Buffalo Horn Cornu Bubali
    黄连上清丸 - Pill of Rhizoma Coptidis
    防风通圣丸 - Pill of Radix Saposhnikoviae
    灵芝益寿丸 - Pill of Ganoderma Lucidumseu Sinensis
    龟板黑枣丸 - Pill of Carapaxet Plastrum Testudinis
    象贝药膏 - Ointment of Bulbus Fritillaria Thunbergii
    茯苓药膏 - Ointment of Poria Cocos
    黄芩药膏 - Ointment of Scutellaria Baicalensis
    蒲黄药膏 - Ointment of Cattail Pollen Pollen Typhae

Formulas

Ore

Golden Ore x 3 = Jewelry
    Zhen Wu Ore x 3 = Melee Weapon
    Dragon Spirit Ore x 3 = Magical Weapon
    Kun Shan Ore x 3 = Range Weapon

Dark Steel Ore x 3 = Unique Melee Weapon
    Fel Blood Ore x 3 = Unique Magical Weapon
    Crystal Ore x 3 = Unique Range Weapon
    Nuwa Ore x 3 = Unique Jewelry

Herbs

Rhizoma Cyperi x 10
    Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae x 10
    Herba Moslae x 10
    Radix Glycyrrhizae x 10
    Folium Eriobotryae x 2
    Cordyceps x 2
    Radix Polygoni Multiflori x 3
    Buffalo Horn Cornu Bubali x 3

Rhizoma Coptidis x 3
    Radix Saposhnikoviae x 3
    Ganoderma Lucidumseu Sinensis x 3
    Carapaxet Plastrum Testudinis x 3

Bulbus Fritillaria Thunbergii x 3
    Poria Cocos x 3
    Scutellaria Baicalensis x 3
    Cattail Pollen Pollen Typhae x 3
  • 终于出来了。特来官方支持。
  • zebramattzebramatt Posts: 275
    Incredible.
  • SebelSebel Posts: 30
    First of all: this one looks really good. But I have a problem with the deer pipe. Right-clicking on it won´t work. And because the maps are so huge I would like to explore them by deer. :mrgreen:
    Sebel wrote:
    First of all: this one looks really good. But I have a problem with the deer pipe. Right-clicking on it won´t work. And because the maps are so huge I would like to explore them by deer. :mrgreen:

1. method of mounting deer : get an item called "Deer Flute", right click on this and you can learn a magic( the outlook is a deer head).In General, i will put this magic in the place of RIght click. Then , Right-clicking to start the magic and you can mount on the deer.

2. is there ay other mods that you have installed ? Especially for the mods that make modificated to character's models?
  • SCHUMI4EVERSCHUMI4EVER Posts: 404
    Woah this mod is huge, absolutely amazing work man.
    Ok, it took some time for me to understand the mechanics of this spell. Great idea though! It´s a channeling spell & I´ve to hold the right mouse button. Wow, it´s fast. :mrgreen: China, I´m coming.
    WOOT!!! dps dolls in the city. :mrgreen:
  • angirasangiras Posts: 117
    Now this is what I call a MOD! It looks totally awesome.
    Now I have a real reason to level up by delving in the Shadow Vault.
    Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work!
    Go China Go!
  • DevilAthDevilAth Posts: 8
    Hi all,
    this Mod looks really awesome but i cant get to the new China Map because the Game crashes.
    Im using the Steam Version 1.15 btw...tried it with Mods and without...Torchlight is still crashing.
    Anyone else who have this problem?

But i will still trying get this Mod working.
    Spoilers Alert. But if you are going into the Mausoleum with a VHHC character, you might want to read on.
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;

I played through the first few levels of the Celestial Mausoleum with my level 80+ VHHC alchemist.
    The mod is very impressive and different. The art assets are amazing.
    The mobs become increasingly tough...from the spider champions and the scorpion boss outside...to the various bosses inside.

I was glad to have haste and lots of +run speed, because most of the time I was doing hit and run tactics.
    Some of the mobs really hurt, especially the horse-headed leaping guys. But most are not too hard to dodge, especially if you are ranged and fast on your feet.
    So I was doing ok until i hit level 3a.
    After clearing the level, I discovered there was no exit.
    After running around the entire map, I discovered four levers in widely separated, different regions.
    So I figured, what the heck, go ahead... pull the levers. This opened up the dragon statue.
    Yay, a way out to the next level.....WRONG.
    Hehe, all I can say is...if you are playing VHHC and you see that statue open up, then RUN LIKE ****, and teleport out of there, cause what comes out is one nasty and fast boss, capable of doing 12-15k per hit from a distance. Needless to say, the mausolem became my alchy's tomb.
    I will revisit this place once I level up another **** character, for pay back. O yes. There will be pay back.

But overall its a fun and very elaborate mod, even though a lot of the maps could be more densely populated.
    I also wish there was some type of in-game viewable level map.
    Navigating blind, I had to hug the walls to get the layout of the place and figure out where I was.

Great Job guys.
  • I'll give it a try when someone either repacks it to install like most mods, or when it is added to torchleech.

Something about exe.s from China. I don't like to click on them. No offense intended to the modmakers, but in all honesty, given the hacking news out of China the last oh, ten years or so, I don't know how I can be sure that clicking that EXE is going to ONLY install a Torchlight mod, and not turn my PC into a compromised tool for who knows what purpose.

No exes for me, thank you.

Looks like a great mod, too! Someone will inevitably repack it....right?
    I'll give it a try when someone either repacks it to install like most mods, or when it is added to torchleech.

Something about exe.s from China. I don't like to click on them. No offense intended to the modmakers, but in all honesty, given the hacking news out of China the last oh, ten years or so, I don't know how I can be sure that clicking that EXE is going to ONLY install a Torchlight mod, and not turn my PC into a compromised tool for who knows what purpose.

that's easy just wait for a while and i would upload a non-exe version.
    I'll give it a try when someone either repacks it to install like most mods, or when it is added to torchleech.

Here you are!, Zip version is available right now.
    (no exe, just upzip and it can be used like the other mods.)
  • Hey, thanks! That was fast.

I've downloaded it and will try it (apprehensively....my char is only lvl 70, hard mode....from what I've read above, I'm in for a fight....)

I hope my reluctance to execute files originating in China doesn't make me a xenophobe. That's not it at all. Just practical paranoia. :)
  • As expected, a hitch. This is why I use torchleech.

Can someone please tell me: where is the Music folder for the Steam version of Torchlight?

I looked and found the torchlight folder, buried as steam does within numerous insanely-named folder hierarchies, but....there is no Music folder.

Do I just copy the Music folder for this mod into the directory which contains "Mods" and "Saves" etc., the main TL directory?

Why has the game industry turned normalcy into FRANZ KAFKA'S NOVELS?

EDIT: Found it, it is located in yet another location. (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\torchlight\music)

**** steam. **** them to ****. I should have asked here first, "Which is the worst possible version of this game to buy, the one that will drive a normal man insane?"

Can I trade my Steam game for a Runic game or a Perfect World game?
  • nagoboronagoboro Posts: 3
    hi first of all this mod is great but i run into some problem when in imperial tomb my pet cannot go to town and when i fight those three boss my screen kinda freeze for a second
  • zebramattzebramatt Posts: 275
    Mr Handbasket, Steam don't "do" refunds...
    I had only one crash and this one happened while I was using the exit in the western part of the city (after you followed the white "road") that leads into...
    ...the desert which I found out the second time when the game did not crash. But the whole map was empty. I think that´s because of the beta status.

Anyway, i visited the first dungeon level with my lvl 50 warrior and had some interesting fights with some spider mobs. It took me a little time to understand the hit & run tactics and how to fight the champions but it worked very well for me. The atmosphere is pretty cool. Very dark. If you would add some spooky music & effects this one will be creepy as ****. :D

But I had a great time so far. Great mod. :D

Perhaps it would be a good idea to set up a compatibility list. I had no problems using steam version 1.15 with the following mods:

- Lvl999mod
    - More Gemtypes
    - SushiHelmFix
    - MoreMaps
    - better sale prices mod
    - small font mod
    - keybinding mod together with lua hook

(I´m not at home so the above names might be incorrect but I will fix them later).
    I also crashed once when taking the stairs up from the mausoleum level with all the perched archers to level 3a. But upon reload, the stairs worked fine.
    Other than that, I had no problems at all. However, in some places the tall columns, buildings, mountains etc. did obstruct visibility of what was happening to my character. But that was not really a major issue. I would love to see the outdoor areas expanded even further so that hunting champions in the extended wilds would be an option.
  • JupiahJupiah Posts: 217
    Just installed but found a few mod conflicts that I'd like to ask about before I try it out. Torchleech tells me that this mod adds new skins for each of the three playable classes as well as new meshes for the alchemist and destroyer. However, I've already installed some other class skin mods that I like better than the ones that come with this mod.

What will I change if I overwrite the skins and meshes for the Vanquisher and Destroyer from this mod with skins and meshes from other mods? Will I mess up any of the new monsters or anything like that?
    The new skins, skeletons, and animations for the classes definitely screwed up my install.
    On this install of the mod my alchemist was like a wooden statue, no animations at all, even though he could slide around the ground and shoot spells.
    This problem was corrected by deleting the offending "alchemist" animation, material, and skeleton files and .dat files from the china mod.
    Then my character could behave normally.
    Im sure this will probably **** up some of the new mobs or NPCs in the mod, but I would rather have them screwed up than my character.
    If you were going to use the character files to create new mobs, why not rename those files so there is no conflict?
    Perhaps there was a good reason to do this, but you are sure to create problems that way.

The second problem I have is with the portals.
    Virtually every time I try to enter a portal it crashes the game...usually a runtime error.
    If I reload, once or twice, then the portal works fine. But the first time, everytime...it crashes the game.
    Here is the error info I just received when the game crashed upon taking the stairs down.
    AppName: torchlight.exe AppVer: 1.0.67.91 ModName: ogremain.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 001b2528

Other than that I am enjoying the mod, and am currently testing it out with a high level character.
    angiras wrote:
    The new skins, skeletons, and animations for the classes definitely screwed up my install.
    On this install of the mod my alchemist was like a wooden statue, no animations at all, even though he could slide around the ground and shoot spells.
    This problem was corrected by deleting the offending "alchemist" animation, material, and skeleton files and .dat files from the china mod.
    Then my character could behave normally.
    Im sure this will probably **** up some of the new mobs or NPCs in the mod, but I would rather have them screwed up than my character.
    If you were going to use the character files to create new mobs, why not rename those files so there is no conflict?
    Perhaps there was a good reason to do this, but you are sure to create problems that way.

That's a good question.
    There are 3 folders with the name of the main characters in folder : appdata/rungicgame/mods/china/media/models
    if you check these folders carefully, you can find that there are new animation.skeletons(namely, mount1_start.skel, mount1_end.skel, mount1.skel, mount2.skel, mount3.skel) existed and these animations are for the mounting skills (actually, mounting is a looping cast in which mount3 is for mounting the deer, mount1 and mount2 is for mounting the creatures which i haven't put in).

As the models folders existed in the chinese mod, conflicts may therefore arouse if you have installed the other mods (like the new skin mods) that make modificated to the main characters.

To solve this problem, you can:

1) deleted the characters' model folders in the chinese mod. (However, you could not use the skills of mounting deer as a result)
    2) Combined the model folders of mods together. (for example, if you have a new skin of destroyer, you can paste the new skin into the model folder of destroyer in the chinese mod, so that you can enjoy 2 mods in the same time)

Hoping that it could solve your problems.
    The second problem I have is with the portals.
    Virtually every time I try to enter a portal it crashes the game...usually a runtime error.
    If I reload, once or twice, then the portal works fine. But the first time, everytime...it crashes the game.
    Here is the error info I just received when the game crashed upon taking the stairs down.
    AppName: torchlight.exe AppVer: 1.0.67.91 ModName: ogremain.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 001b2528

- try to turn off the HW Skinning setting.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for your replies. I dont have any additional skin mods. But I am using the dynamically generated item tier mod, and that is the only difference between this install and my first install. So the additional item tiers may be causing the prob. Not sure. At any rate, I can forgo the deer mount by deleting those folders. That solution works well.

Regarding the portal crashes. I do have HW Skinning turned off. I still crash the first, second, or sometimes third time I try to enter a new portal. But eventually, the portal works fine...and it seems to work fine from that point on. This makes me think that perhaps I need to give time for a script to load upon encountering a new portal. Dunno what else it could be. The same type of crash often occurs when a new boss is spawned. For example, the first coffin boss with the Chinese zombies crashed my game, as did the middle Lady/fox boss on level 4. But fortunately, I was exiting to title and copying my saves so that I could preserve my progress through the levels.

Also, on my first run through the mausoleum, I never encountered the first level with all the traps. I was ported from the graveyard directly to the second level. So I was surprised to discover the first (trap) level on this run. WoW. Those are some nasty traps. 100-200k damage? Yup, deadly, no matter how uber someone thinks they are. However, you might think about adjusting the fire traps so that they dont require a fraction of a second timing to make it through them. It is a long level, filled with deadly traps, and there is no quick save function in this game to preserve your progress. After having to start over from the beginning of the level numerous times, it got very frustrating, So I started copying my saves to preserve my progress through that level...something I dont think most people will be willing to do. The traps are a nice touch, but I am afraid you are going to lose a lot of people if they get too frustrated on the first level....which would be a shame because the overall design of this mod is truly excellent and interesting.

The bosses and champions on the deeper levels are both challenging and a lot of fun. A few bugs are to be expected in the beta phase of a mod this complicated and large. Once again congratulations on some fine work.
    Well, I just finished floor 5. Those last 3 bosses are the most deadly I have encountered in the game--on any floor.
    If they hit you, you are dead. period. If you pause for a moment in their presence, you are dead, period.
    I wont reveal exactly what that means....but lets just say, you dont want to attempt these fights for the first time as a **** character.
    I died at least 2-3 times on each boss before I finally got em. They are deadly, but not invincible to powerful attacks.
    If you are melee....well, I pity you...at least on these fights.

Overall....a FANTASTIC MOD!
    It was so different from the vanilla game, that I wasnt even sure I was playing the same game.
    It just goes to show what we can expect from the modding community in the future....Heck, not even the future, right now!
    I look forward to future updates on this. It is apparent that a lot more is planned and can be added.
    There are still some bugs with the portals, etc....and you might want to ease up a bit on the very tough traps on level 1.
    But what you have right now is amazing. Great job, keep up the good work.

Completing this dungeon (especially level 5) will be the hallmark and final test for all my future characters.
    The traps are designed by my friend -- BEE . According to his words, he want to create a complete different game style , so he make some deadly traps which aim to test the control skill of the player.
    If the damages are not high enough , we just afraid that someone may walk through the traps ignoring the damages they caused.

But anyway, thanks for you opinion.
  • AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    Regarding random crashes that then seem to work when you restart the game:
    I have experienced this before when doing some of my mods. In my case this was usually caused by skill ids or sound callout conflicts with the actual game files (though I imagine there is a huge array of potential conflicts that can cause this crash type). I have not inspected or tried this mod yet, but what generally happens in this type of crash is as follows: You start a level or portal or something that triggers Torchlight to access files/ids it has not yet accessed, then upon accessing them it sees a conflict and crashes. However, upon crashing the game has already gone through the troubling of compiling the level or whatever new event/object you triggered and upon reloading the game Torchlight will use that compiled version of the level -minus the corrected file/id. Typically this results in a monster or some objects being removed from the level. Another way to understand this is if you look at it the following way: when you transition to a previous map/dungeon you recently played the level is compiled and still exists with all the exposed land masses and enemies still dead (Torchlight loaded a precompiled file that ignores almost all your new content), however if you ventue into a really old or a new dungeon Torchlight with recompile everything to generate the dungeon and in doing so accesses a ton of files from your mods folder would could crash the game, but the dungone still compiles. In short, Torchlight does not check 100% to make sure everything is perfect and without conflict when it first starts up.
  • nagoboronagoboro Posts: 3
    any ideas why i cannot send my pet to town?
  • 古大,青鸟……中国风!很好~~你们好厉害!