...and if so, do they benefit from the Pet Mastery Skill? thx

Comments

• jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    I think flame and shock trap do
    scroll down to the highlighted words
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10985&p=101966&hilit=+flame+trap+pet#p101966
    I don't have a sig
  • QuijiboQuijibo Posts: 27
    Use the search function brosef. We already discussed this in a couple ongoing threads. BOTH of the threads have the word "trap" or "trapper" in the title. And just in case.... YES THEY DO! ALL OF THEM! They also benefit from "+pet dmg" items, which is the kicker in making a good trapper. They DO NOT benefit from "+pet armor/speed/health" or from "increases elemental/lightning/fire dmg" items, or from any stats such as strength/dex/magic, or from "critical hit chance/%dmg" increases.

This build is a fun one! Good luck. I'm been at level 100, down to lvl60 of the SV, and I'm still not bored of it yet. Get some blood skellies too.
  • pbrypbry Posts: 89
    thank you. i had to download the patch cuz i have a store bought version.
  • nicnic Posts: 4
    Quijibo wrote:
    Use the search function brosef. We already discussed this in a couple ongoing threads. BOTH of the threads have the word "trap" or "trapper" in the title. And just in case.... YES THEY DO! ALL OF THEM! They also benefit from "+pet dmg" items, which is the kicker in making a good trapper. They DO NOT benefit from "+pet armor/speed/health" or from "increases elemental/lightning/fire dmg" items, or from any stats such as strength/dex/magic, or from "critical hit chance/%dmg" increases.

This build is a fun one! Good luck. I'm been at level 100, down to lvl60 of the SV, and I'm still not bored of it yet. Get some blood skellies too.

is this an accurate statement? I thought that only flame and shock worked with pet mastery?
    thx
  • VodageVodage Posts: 80
    I've never heard of pet mastery buffing your traps, but it sounds possible, since the hover text does read "**** seconds summon duration" on your traps.

I don't think pet mastery does anything for Devouring Trap, though. I have level 1 DT and i have level 10 pet mastery; they don't affect each other.
  • gbonesgbones Posts: 60
    Vodage wrote:
    I've never heard of pet mastery buffing your traps, but it sounds possible, since the hover text does read "**** seconds summon duration" on your traps.

I don't think pet mastery does anything for Devouring Trap, though. I have level 1 DT and i have level 10 pet mastery; they don't affect each other.

Indeed does nothing for DT, as the passive pet buffs only affect the damage output of traps (traps have no health/armor).

As previously mentioned, this topic at least has been pretty well flushed out.

Nothing transfers to pets or minions from your character. The only things that boost pets/minions/traps from your character's gear are the clearly labeled +x to minions.

And this is a good thing. It lets you focus your build and also means that pets aren't a requisite in every build.