Camera Control

alderunealderune Posts: 6
edited September 2011 in Levels
Tried getting some answers in the TorchED Help and Support, but no dice. Maybe someone here can help?

Few questions:

I've dug around TorchED, and the forums (can and cannot edit thread included) and other than TorchCam/TorchlightCam I've not seen much in the way of camera control.

A) Camera
1)Is there a section I'm missing in TorchED where I can lock a player into a specific view (I'm thinking something like top down)?
a)If so, would there be a way to switch that on the fly via a trigger without taking away control from the player?
2) If the answer to 1 is 'no', is there a way to edit the camera settings to what I'm looking for with either of the MODs above?
3) Is there a way to emulate the pause mode camera while the game is active within TorchED or is that considered a cinematic effect?

B) Game speed
1)If I wanted to go into slow motion a la 300 what options am I looking at changing within TorchED?
2)Last question, would it be possible to institute 'in combat'/'out of combat' settings?

This stuff is what I'm looking to do within TorchED since my programming skills are less than limited. Or if there's chunks of code some people have developed, and wouldn't mind if I used (I'd give credit where credit is due), I'd be happy just to be linked to those.

Comments

  • kvdkkvdk Posts: 321
    alderune wrote:
    Tried getting some answers in the TorchED Help and Support, but no dice. Maybe someone here can help?

    Few questions:

    I've dug around TorchED, and the forums (can and cannot edit thread included) and other than TorchCam/TorchlightCam I've not seen much in the way of camera control.

    A) Camera
    1)Is there a section I'm missing in TorchED where I can lock a player into a specific view (I'm thinking something like top down)?
    a)If so, would there be a way to switch that on the fly via a trigger without taking away control from the player?
    2) If the answer to 1 is 'no', is there a way to edit the camera settings to what I'm looking for with either of the MODs above?
    3) Is there a way to emulate the pause mode camera while the game is active within TorchED or is that considered a cinematic effect?

    B) Game speed
    1)If I wanted to go into slow motion a la 300 what options am I looking at changing within TorchED?
    2)Last question, would it be possible to institute 'in combat'/'out of combat' settings?

    This stuff is what I'm looking to do within TorchED since my programming skills are less than limited. Or if there's chunks of code some people have developed, and wouldn't mind if I used (I'd give credit where credit is due), I'd be happy just to be linked to those.

    let me answer all questions with 1 simple answer: the camera was never meant to be rotated
    the whole game looks "off" when it is rotated!
    all "official" ways to rotate the camera are either from up-close (paused) or with cinematical triggers (meaning the map at that point is made specifically to be viewed from that "extra" angle)
    dgckdcgecmb.png
  • alderunealderune Posts: 6
    It may not have been MEANT to, but doesn't mean I don't want to.
  • kvdkkvdk Posts: 321
    alderune wrote:
    It may not have been MEANT to, but doesn't mean I don't want to.
    then do as i said: ASK SOMEONE TO HELP YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE

    it was not MEANT to be possible, and therefor the game does not support it happening outside of the cinematics...

    and even IF you find someone willing to help... it prolly aint possible to build a system capable of changing the camera PoV based on the user triggering an event on the map....
    dgckdcgecmb.png
  • alderunealderune Posts: 6
    Let me apologize for sounding so snarky in my last reply. Didn't sound like that in my head.
    I guess all that's left is editing game speed. Triggering a slow motion sorta deal. How about that?


    Just found the game state controller (duuuuh /slap). Now it only has certain options to choose from. Is that where I'm going to need some coding magic to have an option created? Game speed half instead of paused kind of thing.
  • kvdkkvdk Posts: 321
    alderune wrote:
    Let me apologize for sounding so snarky in my last reply. Didn't sound like that in my head.
    I guess all that's left is editing game speed. Triggering a slow motion sorta deal. How about that?


    Just found the game state controller (duuuuh /slap). Now it only has certain options to choose from. Is that where I'm going to need some coding magic to have an option created? Game speed half instead of paused kind of thing.
    like i said, the utilities that manage the camera work around torchlight, and dont react to "ingame" events...

    just try to do everything with features already possible - or try bugging the devs to make it possible :p
    (the fact that other programs can modify the memory to change the camera proves the game supports it, just does not allow it)
    dgckdcgecmb.png
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    Kvdk? Is there maybe a chance you can let one of the modders answer this? Someone with some actual know how of how TorchED works and what is and isn't possible with the editor? There's really no reason at all to shoot this persons idea down, and if what they're asking is truly impossible, i'm sure there's probably a way nicer way it can be put. We're supposed to encourage modders, not bite them.
    ItfooQF.png
Sign In or Register to comment.