New SCROLLs? Ideas?

nunixnunix Posts: 68
edited February 2011 in Design
Anyone have ideas for this? The SCROLL unittype has Identify and Town Portal scrolls, which drop, and then a bunch of other things which never do (thanks to 0-rarity, most of which are debug items). It seems like there should be some more interesting one-use scrolls, but I'm drawing a blank as to what might be good. The only things I can come up with would be summoning scrolls, which I'm sure are doable, and map reveals, which I don't know whether or not are possible and wouldn't know where to look in TorchED to find out.

Comments

• kvdkkvdk Posts: 321
    nunix wrote:
    Anyone have ideas for this? The SCROLL unittype has Identify and Town Portal scrolls, which drop, and then a bunch of other things which never do (thanks to 0-rarity, most of which are debug items). It seems like there should be some more interesting one-use scrolls, but I'm drawing a blank as to what might be good. The only things I can come up with would be summoning scrolls, which I'm sure are doable, and map reveals, which I don't know whether or not are possible and wouldn't know where to look in TorchED to find out.
    how about "one-use" spell scrolls, that give a very powerfull bonus, but are very rare?

like one that gives you 999999 mana over 120 seconds - effectively making your mana "endless" for 2 minutes?
    dgckdcgecmb.png
  • SojynSojyn Posts: 53
    "Random" scrolls could be fun ... with a small chance for a curse. :D
  • scrolls which summon high level minions to attack you giving you a chance to buff up you char

Scrolls that release random high level treasure
    Torched Templates:
    Map Merchant ; Random Talking NPC ;
    Rashnu's Tear Dungeon @ viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14861
    @ http://vrkmods.viviti.com/
  • I've been feeling nostalgic for some diablo 1-style progression of spell levels... so I'm kicking around a change that eliminates offensive/defensive/charm masteries from the skill tree and instead requires that you use scrolls that to up the respective mastery. Sort of a poor-man's replacement for spell tomes in Diablo 1. I think it is kind of fun to let the loot drops dictate what types of spells are your most powerful.

In an ideal world I'd have spell-specific scrolls that upped the rank of that spell alone (ie.. only Fireball) but it doesn't seem like that sort of thing is possible.

I still haven't worked out what sort of rarity or level/stat requirements will end up working best or how to counter-balance the fact that this essentially gives a magic-heavy character "extra" skill points.
  • LukongLukong Posts: 44
    Hello, I am rewriting this post, here are some ideas again if I can remember them

For One-use Scrolls or can be permanent
    - Scrolls decrease cool down [over time, as a skill], avoid cool down [a period of time]
    - Scrolls that reveal what the Gamble Merchant is selling
    - Scrolls that can be used more than once [Example: Large Town Scroll can be used x5, Small can be used x2]
    - Scrolls that enhance Speed overall [Fast casting, walking, melee, recover, cool down]
    - Vacuum Scroll [Picks up items as you walk]
    - Time scrolls [Stop enemy & slow enemy]
    - Scrolls that puts all the monsters in one place or kills all monsters
    - Scroll that teleports Player to nearest stairs that go to next level
    - Scroll that adds traits to weapons, armor or accessory [Purple] [Example: Set Graven's Amassment = Graven's Leather glove: 2 pieces +5 Fire, Graven's Leather Boots: 1 pieces +5 Thunder]
    - Scrolls that can that allow you to use shops from dungeon without teleporting to them
    - Scrolls that do the same thing as jems
    - Scrolls that add Sockets
    - Scrolls that can separate Jems from Weapons without destroying either [Cost a lot of money]
    - Scrolls that command your pet to put items in stash and a scroll that allows you to access your stash
    - Scrolls that enhance objects to next level or higher[Example: Turn Potion into Grand Potion]
    - Scrolls that duplicate objects and all there traits
    - Scrolls that copy the enhancing traits from one object and allows you to put in another [Example: Ring: 25% Gold find, +5 Fire & +5 Ice > Necklace: +5 Poison, +50 Damage, 25% Gold Find, +5 Fire & +5 Ice ]
    - Scroll that deletes all enhancements [Sometimes I just want a normal Weapon]
    - Scroll that teleports you to a few feet before Quest location [Quest items, boss battles, etc]
    - Scrolls that allow player to turn items into another item and can also be a permanent scroll [Example: Turn any item into Healing Potion, Dog Fish, etc
    - Scroll that creates random items from items, but keep it in the same category [Gun to Bone Gun]
    - Scroll that randomly or not randomly adds 5 - 1 more of the same item [1 Catfish to 4 Catfish]

For scrolls like Healing All IV, Identity Scroll or Dervish Scroll that goes in 1 of 4 slots
    - Double Pets [A second pet is summoned]
    - Dispel [Turns off all magic enhances & summons]
    - A scroll that allows you to dual wield 2 hand weapons
    - Instant fish catch or Multiple fish catch
    - Passive Scrolls that increase things like stats, drop rate, makes "Goren" never miss up, range, effects, buffs, etc]
    Funny this is like dangling meat in front of lions
  • sonnysonny Posts: 1
    i have been messing around with a skill to cast an extra spell on crits
    ie fireball crits instantly cast another fireball
    but need help...can't seem to figure this out

looking to make a gattling gun class just to have fun

or make all mobs bosses