PrEditor Features

13»

Comments

• SixtonSixton Posts: 14
    You're giving us quite interesting modification possibilities, thank you guys! I'm sure the modding community will be thrilled!

We've been working in a fairly small team on a indie game on Torque engine, which is nearing completion and the tirst question that popped in my mind when i came across Torchlight and Preditor was this: Will small developer teams like ours be able license this software to use on developing indie titles?
  • Omnifas wrote:
    EDIT, Wonder answered it in the new interview :D

New interview? Where?
  • Omnifas wrote:
    After seeing the new concept art, this question popped up.

Will we be able to essentially use the monster's model/animation as assets for a created class? I know we'll probably have to do something with the armor, but would it be possible to go around that like force it to not use an armor mesh or use one from the available ones, but then just hide the armor, or just simply not allow the created class to use any armor?

Sorry if its not clear enough.

EDIT, Wonder answered it in the new interview :D

Yes you can! It'll be pretty difficult with specific monsters because they aren't rigged or animated for all the different types of weapons. But you could figure something out. ;)
  • Sixton wrote:
    You're giving us quite interesting modification possibilities, thank you guys! I'm sure the modding community will be thrilled!

We've been working in a fairly small team on a indie game on Torque engine, which is nearing completion and the tirst question that popped in my mind when i came across Torchlight and Preditor was this: Will small developer teams like ours be able license this software to use on developing indie titles?

Your welcome to take full advantage of the editor, it's going to be free. All the files that it exports are text files so you could in theory parse them and mod them for your own game as you see fit. As for getting the source code and stuff none of us had any plans.
  • HygiliakHygiliak Posts: 178
    Are we able to generate stuff (quests, items, events etc.) pending of current difficlty? And what specific differences are between difficulies any way?
    Death is not an option! - The **** Dive
  • Hygiliak wrote:
    Are we able to generate stuff (quests, items, events etc.) pending of current difficlty? And what specific differences are between difficulies any way?

yep!
  • KrayzenKrayzen Posts: 298
    How far can we take quests and dialog, can we have dialog with choices that affect quests and such to make a more story driven mod if we wanted?
  • I know next to nothing on editing.

It was mentioned in a different thread that the default commands will be using WAS keys. How easy would be to change keys to the keypad (using editor?). This is a make or break item for me.

Is this just a file that we open up and keybind a key?
    "Pain is good for it lets me know that I am still Alive."
  • Krayzen wrote:
    How far can we take quests and dialog, can we have dialog with choices that affect quests and such to make a more story driven mod if we wanted?

Quest have requirements. Such as this quest has to be done or the player has to be on a given level. So in theory if you wanted to do a branching quest line you could do that too. ( btw quests can complete other quests ). Then items in town can be shown/hidden upon quests being completed or not. So depending on how much time you want to invest - yes you can do all that.
  • I know next to nothing on editing.

It was mentioned in a different thread that the default commands will be using WAS keys. How easy would be to change keys to the keypad (using editor?). This is a make or break item for me.

Is this just a file that we open up and keybind a key?

Just to clarify the WAS is only used in the editor and there is an editor settings file which you can change those keys to whatever you like.
13»