Do items that add to attributes work with pets

DarkPhOneixDarkPhOneix Posts: 18
edited August 2012 in Destroyer Discussions
Hello....
Are pets affected by attribute increasing items?
as a follow up question what works best with pets?

Comments

• str dex increase his dps afaik! and defensive stat incrases his amor. dont know more.
  • from my limited experimentation with the pets it seems that what stat is best depends on what type of pet you have.

Ive noticed for sure that STR increases the melee pets but I didn't notice anything for dex or magic, DEF increases the defense also.

One of the things im looking into is for the more elemental pets does magic or increased X% stuff work better.

Hopefully one of the modders or someone that's dug into the code a bit can tell us more.
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    danceinsky wrote:
    One of the things im looking into is for the more elemental pets does magic or increased X% stuff work better.
    none of them
    only increased PET X% works.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    I have seen +Def and +Str affixes on pet jewelry increase the pet's displayed protection number and melee number. Indeed, I try to select pet jewelry with those stats in mind.

However, since there is no ranged damage number and no elemental damage number, plus'ing those Attributes seems to be a case of multiplying by zero. +Dex and +Mag do not seem to make a difference to pet effectiveness.

And of course none of the Attributes ever affects Spells, such as the pet can equip, even on the Avatar.

+ [elemental type] damage does seem to work on the pet, for its melee strikes. At least, the overall damage number goes up.
    I'm not sure it makes any difference to things like the Gel electrical discharge effect, though.

dreamrider
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    oops i misunderstood. i thought he was asking about items on avatar affecting pets. str and def do benefit pet and i think +damage too. methinks gel's electrical discharge is like beam golem's "static charge reflection". so it wont be affected by anything.