(Q) Editing the min level for retirement

civicivi Posts: 31
edited May 2010 in Levels
Hi there, I managed to get the retirement woman to appear when the smith appears instead after the mainquest. I wanted this so that people could retire unwanted characters in a RPG like fashion and not by deleting them physically. ;)

However the game tells me that the character has to be at least lvl 20 to retire. :cry: Is there a way to change this requirement? I looked through many files but found nothing...

Any ideas?

Comments

• civicivi Posts: 31
    Alright, I found the solution myself, there is an entry in global.dat called retirement_age. By setting this to **** the minimum retirement level is ****.
    Sadly the retirement mod would edit 2 main data files:

-global.dat

and

-town.layout

...so I will not release it. :|
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    civi wrote:
    Sadly the retirement mod would edit 2 main data files:

-global.dat

and

-town.layout

...so I will not release it. :|
    That's too bad. Are you not supposed to make mods with edits to those files?

I find it interesting that they specifically named the variable "retirement age". Does that mean my newly created VHHC level 3 Alchemist is just a baby? And my level 40-something Vanquisher is a middle-aged lady?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • civicivi Posts: 31
    The global.dat is used by all enchantment mods and many other mods already. The mod would conflict with about 99% of all mods that way. The town file is less used but it is an essential game file, so I feel a bit crude to edit it directly. :|

That said, here is the mod for you http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZP15KBN Use it at your own risk.

20 is the default minimum retirement age, so your lvl 40 character is, well, at least starting to be no longer a baby. 8-)
    That is an interesting mod idea, btw. A character that ages and eventually dies when reaching a certain level, one could make it slower and less strong once it gets too old, change stats and attributes etc
    And maybe even use different skins for certain ages/lvls... I wish I knew how to do that, the stats are not a problem, but the skins... I wonder if anyone would play it, though, usually players only want to INCREASE stats. :D Otoh one could increase skills like critical in exchange, as the character would be more experienced.
  • BanalityDUFFBanalityDUFF Posts: 102
    ^

eventually though all the skills would have to decrease with age. but i agree that there should be an increase in critical hits with age, maybe even some skills such as dodge that start out higher then slowly decrease over time. ha.

i would definitely play a mod along that vein. would make things more interesting in the long run.

only sad thing is there isn't really enough end-game content to really warrant such a mod.