(SOLUTION)Application Configuration Incorrect

travisbaldreetravisbaldree Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭
If you receive this message "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." when attempting to run a GamersGate build of the game, please install the following

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/deta ... laylang=en

The GamersGate installer appears not to install the visual studio redistrib package, but the download is extremely small (1.7MB) and you can do so here - this should hopefully solve the problem for you.

Comments

• somehow it didnt T_T
  • ShardzShardz Posts: 1,384
    delasoul wrote:
    somehow it didnt T_T

Try to uninstall that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable in Add/Remove Programs. Reboot. Try to run the game again. This actually worked for someone else in the forum with the same problem I had this morning. If that doesn't do it, reinstall that VC++ 2008 package and try once more. It's MS, what can we say? hehe
  • Shardz wrote:
    delasoul wrote:
    somehow it didnt T_T

Try to uninstall that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable in Add/Remove Programs. Reboot. Try to run the game again. This actually worked for someone else in the forum with the same problem I had this morning. If that doesn't do it, reinstall that VC++ 2008 package and try once more. It's MS, what can we say? hehe

i already tried un installing and rebooting.. still the same... now im frustrated... so excited to play this game T_T
    delasoul wrote:
    Shardz wrote:
    delasoul wrote:
    somehow it didnt T_T

i already tried un installing and rebooting.. still the same... now im frustrated... so excited to play this game T_T

You uninstalled that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable or the game? Or both?
  • DJ1138DJ1138 Posts: 1
    HI, i am having same problem with game. got it from direct 2 drive. Downloaded fine seems like installed fine but when i go to run it it is in task bar.I tried the safe settings you suggested and i get torchlight box in center of screen with the 3 characters in it but i just get an hourglass and have to close from taskbar it says app not responding. running winxp ,2.7 gig quad core phenom , 4 gigs ddr2, x1900xt 512 meg videocard, auzentech xplosion sound card, gigabyte 790gx motherboard and also direct x august 09 sdk
  • SO FRUSTRATED... no Help at all....

thx to shardz though... trying to help me out...

ehhh.. trying to dl the game again.... 3 hours ftw... **** this life
    You did uninstall that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable and try the game again right? If that doesn't work, reinstall those C++ libraries and reboot again and try it. All those dll's can sometimes get hosed and not register properly.
  • Shardz wrote:
    You did uninstall that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable and try the game again right? If that doesn't work, reinstall those C++ libraries and reboot again and try it. All those dll's can sometimes get hosed and not register properly.

been there done that
  • game is now running.. thx to the safe mode,, hoorah...
  • delasoul wrote:
    game is now running.. thx to the safe mode,, hoorah...

i spoke too soon... this sux dang
  • InvernessInverness Posts: 160
    If you receive this message "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." when attempting to run a GamersGate build of the game, please install the following

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/deta ... laylang=en

The GamersGate installer appears not to install the visual studio redistrib package, but the download is extremely small (1.7MB) and you can do so here - this should hopefully solve the problem for you.
    You know it is relatively painless to include a private CRT assembly when shipping the game.
  • spyrusspyrus Posts: 5
    The latest Visual C++ 2008 ATL could be also installed.
    I hope the game gets an update with this.
    Link:
    For SP1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

NO SP1 (as the original package of the game)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
  • BeorodBeorod Posts: 1
    I need help please:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Program: ...rogram\steam\steamapps\common\torchligth\Torchligth.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an inusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information

:shock: :?
    Thanks
  • mid9ermid9er Posts: 3
    having trouble with the game just like beorod as stated above. I can play about 5 minutes before the game shuts down. Tried all the links from above many times. Any news yet on this?
  • Beorod wrote:
    I need help please:

:shock: :?
    Thanks
    '

sorry dude but even the support team dont know how to fix this yet T_T
  • Help. I'm stuck in a dungeon...this error occurs unexpeceted for a few times...

I really enjoy the game...i don't want to get stuck T.T....everytime after this error occured, everything gone and i have to start at the start of the dungeon again...

error.jpg

Sad...
  • Is there someone working on this problem? Just curious, been waiting for a resonse. Getting booted out a game gets old.
    Thanks.
  • Same problem here...
    Can anyone do something ???
  • yiatayiata Posts: 1
    Have the same problem. I've upgraded video card driver and have the latest Torchlight version running. Still get this error pretty consistently. A fix for this is really needed. Is anyone working on this??
  • I think there needs to be a sticky for the C++ Runtime error. I've just started getting it recently, never had it before.
  • I second that motion!

I'm trying to dig in to the problem a bit, and it's looking like a memory issue of some kind...
    After one crash, I used alt-tab to get out of the game instead of pressing 'OK'. At that point my system failed to open Task Manager, or even the Ogre.log (it said there wasn't enough memory to load rundll32.exe)! Firefox was eating most of it up, so I'm curious... how many others are having this problem while running FF in the background?

Oh, and this would be a great reason to include an instant on command save; for those of us (justifiably) paranoid about losing our cool stuff to random crashes.
  • I also noticed that memory leak that people were talking about after the patch. Are they somehow related?
  • I had that same runtime error. Uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and now it won't even start up. Looking at the ogre log it states this in the few lines before the game shuts itself down:

20:54:32: Plugin successfully installed
    20:54:32: *-*-* OGRE Initialising
    20:54:32: *-*-* Version 1.6.4 (Shoggoth)
    20:54:32: Path for saving is ... C:/Documents and Settings/Kenneth Sprouse.RENEGADE/Application Data/Runic Games/Torchlight/SAVE
    20:54:32: Setting YRatio Init - 0.78125

It seems that as soon as ogre starts to initialize the game crashes. This same issue has occurred numerous times. I'm running an AMD Athalon 3200 (1.6Ghz) with an Nvidia GeForce 5500 with 256MB of video memory and 2GB of RAM. Game was working okay until I installed the second patch then I began to have problems. Thought it might have been the place I bought it from so I got a refund and bought the game directly from runic (newest release) and now the game won't play. Unstalled the vc 2008, rebooted, tried safe mode, reinstalled vc2008 and vc2008 sp1, rebooted and still game crashes. I hope they get this fixed soon. This is a very sad release from the same team that created Diablo II.
  • Yeah....i think I have been pretty patient so far. Really want to play this game. Bought it right away and am still waiting for the problem to be fixed.
  • First, update your vga drivers and Direct X... If the error persist, change to windowed mode... and disable any mods installed in the game

Primeiramente autalize os drivers de video e o directx, se persistir o problema desabilita os mods instalados no jogo

Qualquer coisa manda um email que eu ajudo

If u need help, send me a email...

Abraços
    Thx
  • do you have to have .net framework running on your comp as well?
  • Hey i bought Torchlight from steam and i could play 1 day when i startet the game next morning it breaks all time
    i try to de-install it 4 times but if i install the game the same error appears. the chrases the exe file could not be found

I need help please:

this is only one error i got but maybe the main one please help me
This discussion has been closed.