Steam comes to Playstation 3...

IzibaarIzibaar Posts: 36
edited June 2010 in TL General Discussions
Steam comes to Playstation 3 and Torchlight comes too?? Do you think Torchlight will have a port for the PS3? Runic was one of the first when Steam was released for Mac. So is there a chance we will see it on PS3 sooner or later?

Comments

• FerdinandFerdinand Posts: 167
    From what I understood, steam is only coming in the sense you'll be able to log in into your account and chat, not as a content delivery system, I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't allow someone else to sell games on their platform.

Also I don't think there will be a Torchlight port to PS3, it's not really suited for console gameplay.
    Besides, if they wanted to, they could have made one by now, they're not tied to steam.
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Even if they plan on bringing the content deliver system over, it doesn't mean the games available on PC steam will be there. The developers of the Games themselves still need to Port the game over and that costs money. Runic is a PC dev, so they may have to license out again.

Plus Torchlight Mac and Steam's release was only a coincidence. The Mac version of Torchlight could have came sooner if it were not for the complications.
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10629&p=98722&hilit=version#p98722
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10783&p=105410&hilit=version#p105410

+ferdinand made a great point, No way will Sony allow a second digital distributor to cut in on the profits.
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    There is no connection between steam and TL. People don't seem to realize that there are completely different forms of code for each system, and right now, they have bigger things to worry about than a port to PS3. And if they do make a console port, i guarantee it will be to xbox first.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭
    My guess is also to xbox first, although if they have a professional team doing ports it could be more varied.
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • daiesy23daiesy23 Posts: 1

Hello,

I want to buy latest PS3 but I don't know the installation process of PS3.
    So has anyone suggest me how to install the latest ps3 game?? :)