What Does This Mean

grog1961grog1961 Posts: 463 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Destroyer Discussions
In regards to skills for the destroyer character what does it mean when it says a skill does 50% Strength bonus
50% Magic bonus????

Comments

• jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    if you put 10 points into strength then your skill does 5 extra points of damage , 50% of 10 = 5
    if you put 10 points into magic then your skill does 5 extra points of damage , 50% of 10 = 5

if you put x points into magic or strength hen your skill does x * 50% extra points of damage
    algebra, don't ya love it ! ?
    I don't have a sig
  • grog1961grog1961 Posts: 463 ✭✭
    I'm still a little confused.
    When you say put do you mean the amount of strength points you have when you use the
    skill???? If my total strength is 30 then I would get 15 points of extra damage????
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    ah, I had it wrong
    the math is a lot more complicated

from here
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1059&p=15904&hilit=+bonus#p15904

in regards to this pic
    http://image-upload.de/image/4wiFqd/8122e85860.jpg
    What do those infos mean on the skill description?
    Basically, that means that the corresponding stats provide a % boost to various properties of the skill.
    Basically, with 100% strength and dex bonuses, you get 1% bonus to damage per point in either. If you had 10 strength and 12 dex, you'd get a 22% bonus to damage on needle arc. Needle arc does no weapon damage at all, so all of its improvements come from skill investment and stat investment ( or magical effects on gear )

so if 100% gives 1% bonus to damage per point
    then
    I'm guessing with a 50% bonus for that skill, you get 1/2 of 1% bonus to damage per point
    so if you had 10 strength and 12 magic, that's 22 points
    50% of 22 = 11
    so you get an 11 % increase in the damage that skill does
    I don't have a sig
    Thanks for the reply!!!!
  • ThrybridThrybrid Posts: 83
    I noticed every skill with stats boost have a damage value (so apart from %DPS), I suppose this is the partof the skill the given stat is increasing ; unless this is final damage which is..?? Need testing =p
    Tests, reports, Knowledge
    Fishing : Pet transformations Guide. :3 / Speedrun thread
    Bash - Smash - Crush -- Thykhs, SC.H.Destroyer l.100: Devastate 2Handed. / Phlain, SC.H.Destroyer l.46: Spectral Echo Ranged.
    Thanks for your reply to my question!