[MOD] Torchlight Texture Project v1.31 - Updated -

SorrySoldOutSorrySoldOut Posts: 92
edited June 2014 in Mod Showcase

Youtube Video Link

SSSTextureProjectv13.jpg

1.3 Updates -

*Most of the Water Textures are updated
*All Shields are enhanced and recolored
*More prop textures and small object textures completed (still more to do)

Optional Install

***Character Skins and Armor Sets enhanced and recolored if you want to use them.
Just place SSSskinsNarmor in your mod folder if you want to try them out***

DOWNLOAD HERE - 141MB

First of all thank you for the positive feedback and a place to show
my work, and a big thanks to Runic Games for creating an amazing
foundation to work with.

If you have any questions or comments, hate mail or anything else
drop me a line :)

If you want to use any part of this mod in conjunction with a mod
you are building thats cool, just drop me a line and let me know!
And if you can give me credit as well, I would appreciate it :D

Installation

All you need to do is drag the folder names SSSTorchlightTextures
into your mods folder. Thats it!

Uninstallation

Just delete the SSSTorchlightTextures folder in your mods folder
and you should be good to go.

=======================================================================

Compatiblity with other mods should be fine as I only touched the
level textures and no real data files.

Thanks again :)

Comments

• OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Nice, I love the added details to the textures. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Don't worry about the thread location, you are showcasing something.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    I love how it doesn't take TOO much away from the cartoonesque look, but adds some really nice small touches.

I'm definately looking forward to see more of this. Welcome to the community!!!
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    Looking pretty good, especially the brick textured areas under the vendors. Looking forward to trying your textures out when they're released.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • SorrySoldOutSorrySoldOut Posts: 92
    edited July 2010
    Thanks guys! I had some fun tonight and downloaded the Torchlight Camera mod and Ended up tweaking and doing a few more textures in town as well as the Sky map.
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    looks really cool
    would love to see also character models with more detailed textures. You increased also resolution of textures? Cause I remember having problems with textures bigger that 256x256 on character models.
  • Thanks! Ya a lot of the textures I doubled in size and seem to have no problems so far with it. I haven't touched character textures though.
  • PhoenyxPhoenyx Posts: 15
    Impressive! I'm really looking forward for this!
  • New town textures look amazing! Only problem I have is the skybox. It doesn't fit the lighting scheme of Torchlight. It's sort of bright and airy, whereas TL Town is dark, gritty and subdued,
  • Thank you, well as for the skybox I was just trying to go along the theme of textures that they had (the default skybox was really bright). Looking at it a second time with fresh eyes I can see what you mean.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    I agree that the skybox doesn't exactly fit in terms of the lighting/color/theme, but I still really like the 4th screenshot you took there (TorchCam4.jpg). I like how it seems as if you really can see off into the distance... makes the world seem a little bigger than it does with the normal skybox, which isn't quite as convincing as the one you've got going here.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • TormakSaberTormakSaber Posts: 536
    It looks nice but I almost wonder if it's a bit TOO busy and detailed and "pretty" for a game as visually stylized and vivd as Torchlight. I'll reserve further comment for a more finished product though. For now I'll stick with Torchlight Enhanced Textures.
  • I only got a few hours to work on a few textures this weekend and its all still in the town area. I made a quick video put it up on youtube of what I have so far.

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvPcKkLPaJ4

A lot of it is still work in progress, but I think I'm going to move on to the first cavern area to mix things up a bit then come back to the town at some point later. Again, thanks for the interest.
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    I just watched the video. And i`m loving the dark and gritty feel. The atmosphere changed greatly, in a good sense. Loving it.
    Btw what is the music running with the video?
    edited August 2010
    gluemchen wrote:
    I just watched the video. And i`m loving the dark and gritty feel. The atmosphere changed greatly, in a good sense. Loving it.
    Btw what is the music running with the video?

Thanks! The music from the video is Two Steps from **** - Freedom Fighters.

I got a bit more time this weekend and started working on the mine textures. Here are some screenshots of what I have so far. BBL with more updates, sorry about the delay between updates.
  • This looks awesome!

If you plan on making this available, i imagine all this re-texturing is going to be big download sizes, can you split the files into tilesets town/mines/estarian/dark palace etc when the time comes?

:)
  • This looks awesome!

If you plan on making this available, i imagine all this re-texturing is going to be big download sizes, can you split the files into tilesets town/mines/estarian/dark palace etc when the time comes?

:)

Thanks :D. I def plan on releasing this, and ya the sizes might be a bit big. I'm thinking its going to be around 400ish mb for everything so I can split it up to make it easier.
    edited July 2010
    Got a bit more work in and did more on the mine tileset and started work on the Crypt tileset.

Thanks!
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see how the esterian ruins look!

Great Work!
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    Now this really isn't far from Diablo 3 graphics..
    it looks really amazing..
    environment feels more dark like good old diablo games
    maybe there still is point making some more mods for TL
    edit: btw. that blood in video.. that was too much, it was like red carper - you scaled blood textures up?
  • Dusho wrote:
    Now this really isn't far from Diablo 3 graphics..
    it looks really amazing..
    environment feels more dark like good old diablo games
    maybe there still is point making some more mods for TL
    edit: btw. that blood in video.. that was too much, it was like red carper - you scaled blood textures up?

thanks! Actually the blood in there is from a mod called Knee Deep In Blood. It basically makes the blood splatters 3-4 times larger than normal. I just installed it for fun.
  • StonerMk2StonerMk2 Posts: 109
    While i havent been around in a while, ive got to say this looks absolutely beautiful man. Keep up the great work bro and when its done this will definitely be a first day download for me.
    1213498071323.gif
  • WildmanWildman Posts: 688
    Wow looks nice, if you ever finish this (hope, hope) I'll definitely be down-loading it.....Looks like TL might just get a couple more play thru's
    npeZN.png

"All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again"
  • Thanks guys :D

I appreciate all the kind comments as its giving me inspiration to keep going. I'm almost finished with the sunken temple tileset.

Here are some pics of the temple.

TorchlightStemple1.jpg

TorchlightStemple2.jpg

TorchlightStemple3.jpg

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know how to force anisotropic filtering in torchlight? (using a geforce 9500 atm and forcing it on in the drivers isn't working)
  • PhoenyxPhoenyx Posts: 15
    Awsome! Really impressive work you are doing there. Do you have a picture of the lost catacombs?
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Excellent work so far! Once this hits a release I will absolutly be downloading it. Kudos man.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • Thanks! :)

More updates!

Just finished the Cavern Tileset:

TorchCavern1.jpg

TorchCavern2.jpg

TorchCavern3.jpg

TorchCavern4.jpg

The next tileset is going to be fun, been looking forward to starting it.
  • simply beautiful!!!
  • Simply awesome. I just registered here to tell you how much I am looking forward to try this. Keep up the good work! :D
  • robcallisrobcallis Posts: 303
    Indeed awesome, looking forward to the new look myself.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
  • StonerMk2StonerMk2 Posts: 109
    Looks like a totally different game...wow.
    1213498071323.gif