[Request]Additional Weapons

blahhh101blahhh101 Posts: 4
edited August 2010 in Design
ok i've been trying to add some weapons on torchlight with no success, im not very good at 3d stuff.
so if anybody is interested can anybody add these items http://www.3dvalley.com/3d-models/weapons in and make a weapon mod or mod pack, im specifically interested in the Rapier model since the rapier in-game isnt really a rapier

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    Since they're created for personal and non-commercial use, and aren't to be redistributed (which means they're probably under a creative commons license of some sort) technically, even if someone were to make a mod of them, it wouldn't be right for them to then give it to you, even if they weren't getting money for it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • blahhh101blahhh101 Posts: 4
    its not like im gonna sell it and besides they wouldnt have put it up there if they didnt want ppl to use it for "non-commercial purposes", and its not just for me i bet other ppl would like these models in-game
  • Hey, I use Blender which is a free 3d program, so I can't use the .MAX files :( . I did successfully import the shotgun into the game and will try to work on some of the other weapons. By the way, I don't think this violates the re-distribution rules because I had to change the models by giving them textures. I would upload them, but I need like a file hosting website or something. If anyone has a website I could use to upload my mods, that would be great :D !
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg
    ^ Nuclear weapons+Torchlight=MASSIVE OWNAGE! :mrgreen: ^

Mods: [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack v2
  • erm most of the mods i've seen are on RGF or you could use other file sharing sites like mediafire or rapidshare and such, ive also tried using blender but i get confused on the whole OGRE thing when i try to convert the .3ds into .mesh all i get is an .xml file and .material but no .mesh
  • You have to download the OGRE Command Line tools. Then you paste your .mesh.xml file in the folder, then drag it over top of the OgreXmlConverter.exe and it makes a .mesh copy of your .xml file. :D
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg

• Oh, by the way, here's a pic of the Remmington in TorchED. More to come! :mrgreen:

12-gaugeshotguninTorchlight.jpg
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg

• Hey, does anyone know of a converter I can download to convert the .MAX files to something Blender loads? Blender can use .3ds, .obj, .mesh.xml files with the Ogre import script, and a few other miscellaneous file types. Just not .MAX :( .
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg

• DushoDusho Posts: 988
    Hey, does anyone know of a converter I can download to convert the .MAX files to something Blender loads? Blender can use .3ds, .obj, .mesh.xml files with the Ogre import script, and a few other miscellaneous file types. Just not .MAX :( .
    As far as I know, only 3d max can deal with .max files. So only way is maybe to get trial version and export files as .3ds or .obj.
  • JarchoJarcho Posts: 253
    from the top of the site you linked to (so no distributing them, At All);
    The 3D Models below are created originally by or for 3Dvalley.com unless mentioned otherwise, and are free for personal and non-commercial use. You are not allowed to redistribute these models in any form.

The .max files are a really large dump of the entire scene and noone seems to have figured out how it 'orders' the data. Autodesk also seems to be holding on to their format really tight, so we're not getting any help from them. Basically you'll have to do what Dusho suggested, use a trial version to export it.