First interview and screens at PC Gamer.com

GrahamSmithGrahamSmith Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in TL2 General Discussions
Hey,

Full disclosure: I work for PC Gamer, but I hoped this would be interesting enough to all of you that it was okay posting anyway :)

At PCGamer.com, we've just posted the first artwork of Torchlight 2, and an in-depth, 3000 word interview with Travis Baldree and Max Schaefer about the game.

Torchlight 2 artwork: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/04/exclu ... t-artwork/
Torchlight 2 interview: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/04/torch ... nic-games/

Let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Graham

Comments

• Hey,

Full disclosure: I work for PC Gamer, but I hoped this would be interesting enough to all of you that it was okay posting anyway :)

At PCGamer.com, we've just posted the first artwork of Torchlight 2, and an in-depth, 3000 word interview with Travis Baldree and Max Schaefer about the game.

Torchlight 2 artwork: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/04/exclu ... t-artwork/
    Torchlight 2 interview: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/04/torch ... nic-games/

Let us know what you think!

Cheers,
    Graham

Cool judging from one of those screenshots of the artwork it looks like there will be a male and female counterpart of each class.
  • AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    Looks/Sounds awesome thus far. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the release and some screenshots :D
  • Great articles. The 2 new classes sound very interesting as well.
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    Cool stuff. I like the player rating thing. This could work really good.
    4 completly new classes. Nice! Old classes ,aking no return, not so sure about that if online play also consists of moding capability.
    Just modify the old classes for online game play. A few balance tweeks here and there. This is Great stuff.
    Random map events. Lol Caravan saver. I`m curious about the other events. I`m loving the art style. Good thing they are keeping it the way it is in TL. Sofar i´m super hyper for this. More hyped as for Diablo 3 atm. Because it's coming out sooner. Blizzard just got a big boot to the A.
  • ThomasJThomasJ Posts: 618
    Great interview and I really like the concept art.
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    The concept characters look so badass.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • BuioBuio Posts: 338
    I posted the links in a thread on Neowin about Torchlight 2.

Cool interview, and very nice artwork.
  • MannamMannam Posts: 185
    Monocle loot.

It's about **** time.
  • wolfmanewolfmane Posts: 1,997
    Great informative interview. The preview art looks great.
    sig2p.png
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    ItfooQF.png
  • sarah1991sarah1991 Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Really excited about this quote from the interview:

"...We haven’t decided on a final player count for a session. It might be anywhere from four, to six, to seven."

I'm really thrilled to know that it'll more than likely be at least a four player co-op!
  • HeroHero Posts: 226
    This is starting to sound really close to Mythos revamped; I like it... Plus that warrior bear looks so **** cool :D Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further then spring 2011, I need something to play :(
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    nice indeed
    laughed at the passage where Travis mentioned saving caravan - now just call it 'random adventures' and Blizzard guys will bite their tongue off next time :)
    I do hope that art team will put more effort into balancing particle effects this time - can't even imagine that 'particle ****' when there are 4 players on screen casting spells and hitting critical strikes.
  • StonerMk2StonerMk2 Posts: 109
    Awesome read and great screens. Love the undead bear....please runic make us a undead bear pet. Even if its like a baby bear or something, but undead bear pet would be epic.
    1213498071323.gif
  • Undead Bears...
    Wizard Bears...
    Awesome new Goblins and Goblin Dogs...
    Djinni...
    Railmen featuring MONOCLE SMILES!

Man... Torchlight 2's lookin' swank.