TL2 Class Wishlist

HowlerHowler Posts: 13
edited August 2010 in TL2 General Discussions
I'd like to see a little less focus on unusual hybrid classes and the implementation of a classic spell caster like a Wizard.

If you could pick a new class for TL 2, what would it be?

Comments

• AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    I am still one for classless, but seeing as that isn't going to happen...

Fighter /(Absorption Tank)
    I want a fighter, not a barbarian, who is sleek and fast. (I am tired of blade wielders being ogres)
    Has medium to heavy armor.
    Tanking strictly tied to blocking action. With a bonus of a rage/power buildup on number of blocks (or block dmg) that can unleash large power attacks.

perhaps more specifics later, but I have to run....
  • Balladier/Combat Bard. With gameplay mechanics like the Diablo 3 Monk, except the comboing skills represent "stanzas" which are each tied to a certain buff -- and you keep your song active by continuing to chain active abilities.
  • TanukiTanuki Posts: 2,205
    A stealth based class that's worth a ****.
    fs_pc.png
  • StonerMk2StonerMk2 Posts: 109
    Tanuki wrote:
    A stealth based class that's worth a ****.

Would LOVE to see a true "rogue" class in TL2, with stealth and sneak attacks, maybe a hybrid Bard/Rogue with a Bard song for buffs and sneaks for insane dmg. Im too much of a D&D player, id just want classes ported from D&D. :ugeek:
    1213498071323.gif
  • brennokbrennok Posts: 155
    I am still one for classless, but seeing as that isn't going to happen...

Fighter /(Absorption Tank)
    I want a fighter, not a barbarian, who is sleek and fast. (I am tired of blade wielders being ogres)
    Has medium to heavy armor.
    Tanking strictly tied to blocking action. With a bonus of a rage/power buildup on number of blocks (or block dmg) that can unleash large power attacks.

perhaps more specifics later, but I have to run....

I definitely support this idea.

I would love to see a more melee based fighter with limited ranged attacks, but he has to be fast. A fighter who is easy to jump from mob to mob so he is constantly engaged, but also has no problem standing and swinging surrounded by mobs. I definitely liked the way Gale's Barbarian Overhaul was headed.

I would also love some type of assassin or ranged/melee mixed fighter. They would be more combat focused though so no traps, but they would be more about dealing ranged damage until they could pull them in to finish them off. They would also have some limited stealth ability.
  • PufflesPuffles Posts: 169
    As long as I can play a minion-based build, I'll be happy. I don't particularly care if there's a minion-based class, or just a minion-based skill tree.

If I can play the Railman like Mythos' Gadgeteer, and focus on gadgets and contraptions (e.g., a less gamebreakingly-overpowered version of the Tesla Widget), I will be extremely happy. Oh, how happy I will be.