System requirements?

AaronjwAaronjw Posts: 40
edited August 2010 in TL2 General Discussions
I'm THRILLED to hear that they're coming out with a sequel to Torchlight. Looking forward to the multiplayer, new monsters, adventuring above ground, and all that great new stuff. But the thing that I love about Torchlight is that you can play it on just about any system. I'm assuming Torchlight 2 will be the same? I don't have a really powerful system now, just a laptop, so I'm really hoping TL2 won't be any more demanding than TL1, if at all. Any word on this? From the new trailer, it looks like it's essentially the same, graphics-wise, so I'd assume that the requirements won't be much higher. Is this right?

Comments

• ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Nothing exact yet but they've stated they're aiming for the system requirements to be around the same as TL1's.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • AtroxxxAtroxxx Posts: 233
    Aaronjw wrote:
    I'm THRILLED to hear that they're coming out with a sequel to Torchlight. Looking forward to the multiplayer, new monsters, adventuring above ground, and all that great new stuff. But the thing that I love about Torchlight is that you can play it on just about any system. I'm assuming Torchlight 2 will be the same? I don't have a really powerful system now, just a laptop, so I'm really hoping TL2 won't be any more demanding than TL1, if at all. Any word on this? From the new trailer, it looks like it's essentially the same, graphics-wise, so I'd assume that the requirements won't be much higher. Is this right?

the devs at runic would probably optimize a pigsty just so we could play T2 :mrgreen:
  • UncleJimUncleJim Posts: 689
    Atroxxx wrote:
    Aaronjw wrote:

the devs at runic would probably optimize a pigsty just so we could play T2 :mrgreen:

The pigsty thing would probably work, but there is no USB support.
  • AtroxxxAtroxxx Posts: 233
    UncleJim wrote:
    Atroxxx wrote:
    Aaronjw wrote:

The pigsty thing would probably work, but there is no USB support.

point taken :mrgreen:
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    Likely around 512mb of ram, and low video card and processor requirements.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • I pretty much agree to this. I would love to see the system requirements to be able to accomodate most netbooks out there.