[MAP] PACMAN - Attack Gorilla

AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
edited August 2010 in Mod Showcase
Happy to bring everyone a functional version of PACMAN recreated in Torchlight. Hope you all enjoy it.

Download: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=538
unzip and place full file structure into your %appdata%\Runic Games\Torchlight\mods or other folder based on your system.
Music by: Richard David James AKA Aphex Twin (that is what I am told anyway)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GRnbXPfDU
(video note: the character I am player with here is ridiculously strong and has spells not yet available to everyone. Also, my pet and summons keep all the monsters pretty occupied.)

You must collect all of the PACMAN eat'ems. Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde will be after, so watch out, and while it is possible to kill them it is hard to do so and that will only provide you with temporary relief. In order to make the map more interesting for Torchlight, the larger eat'ems do not turn the enemies into weaklings, but will rather summon hordes of skeletons. These large eat'ems must be collected, but note that they generate a lot of skeletons so I don't recommend going straight for all four of them without killing some of the skeletons first. The side warps will transport you across the map just like in the original PACMAN game. The chest at the starting location acts like the cherry in pacman, so it will only become active for brief moments every so often, you can wait around for it to get rares, but the won't be left alone while you wait. The map is not exactly identical to the PACMAN level, but it is close, and it is only 1 level. Now that I did all the grueling logic for the map if anyone want to create other levels using this one as the starting point please feel free to do so, just please credit me.
If you die during the map and you choose to go back to town the level will reset itself, I recommend choosing this option if you die and just getting another map scroll, as I can not guarantee the logic will function properly if you resurrect in the level. Also do not exit torchlight while in the middle of this map or else the logic gets all confused, bt if this happens just die and go back to town.
Be careful, if you are playing in **** mode, it is possible you will die in your first attempt at this map and you have to complete the PACMAN challenge in order to open the gate to access the portal out.

To force the merchant to carry the map add the following to his/her merge spawnclass file, otherwise just wait for it to show up (recommend the merchant mod to get cartographer - http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=276):
[OBJECT]
<STRING>UNIT:PACMAN_MAP_AG
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:-1
<INTEGER>RARITY_OVERRIDE:1
[/OBJECT]

pacmanTLlayout.jpg
note some of the screenshots are a little out of date. there are some graphical and description changes. For example the skeletons have been tweaked in the final released version... as seen in the video.
pacmanTL03.jpg
pacmanTL02.jpg
pacmanTLlogic.jpg
(yes, pac-man, but I like to type it as one word PACMAN)

Comments