Need modders help to finish Jedi class

robcallisrobcallis Posts: 303
edited September 2010 in Design
Looking for modders to help finish the Jedi mod started originally by Spunedarg. I started a threadon the Torchlight modding section and now starting one here. Here is my thread and the original one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14526
And if you would like to help, please leave a post so the community knows who is doing what. And PM me with name and email so I can shoot you a invite to a site that Phanjam made so we can have a central point to discuss and create.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭
    As Robcallis mentioned, I'm helping him out on this noble project :) The work hasn't started in earnest yet, but I think my contributions will be more in the "art" areas (that's all I can do without having to research anything to death before starting LOL!) but I can do some code-work for wardrobes too.

The project site Robcallis mentioned is a googlesites thing, built around a "work list" to try and put some order into what's needed and who's doing it. Robcallis is, of course, the de facto "project lead" since it's Rob that Spunedagr entrusted the mod to.

From the way the work list is shaping up, it looks like most of the modding work will be in the spells department. These would translate to the "skills" of the Jedi of course, of which there are lightside and darkside (oooohh). Also some mesh-work for weapons and (well in the future) a totally new silhouette for the Jedi.

Sound interesting?! Please let Robcallis know!
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • You can add me and I will try to help out when and wherever I can...
    Any work done on sound-banks yet?
    hey AttackG! Robcallis is out of town with his family for a few days I think, so I'll answer for him for now.
    We'd be thrilled to work with you! If you could PM Rob your email addy, he'll send you an invite email with registration links for the project site (alternately you could PM it to me, as I also have admin rights on that site).
    Nope, no work yet on any sound content...
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • May I ask how the class is going to be. Any info or is it a secret, 'till you are ready with the first beta? :P
    Formand wrote:
    May I ask how the class is going to be. Any info or is it a secret, 'till you are ready with the first beta? :P
    Hi Formand! Well Rob did say he'd like to keep the development sort of secret until a more solid version is playable and released. But there is the original thread for this mod that is still up and public. It will give you a good idea of what state we're starting from on this mod :)
    As to where it goes from there, as I mentioned it looks like much of the early work will go into making playable Jedi skills...
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • Thanks!
    I'll certainly check it then. :D
  • Oooh! Sounds cool! Is there anything weapon or particle related that needs done? I'm pretty good with working with both particles and weapons (I just made an atom bomb explosion particle the other day and a nuke launcher to go with it. :mrgreen: )

-Soulcommando
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg
    ^ Nuclear weapons+Torchlight=MASSIVE OWNAGE! :mrgreen: ^

Mods: [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack v2
    Is there anything weapon or particle related that needs done? (I just made an atom bomb explosion particle the other day and a nuke launcher to go with it. :mrgreen: )
    I like the way you think Soulcommando! Yes, we definitely could use help with the custom weapons in this mod! Pls PM me your email address and I'll send you the invite/registration mail from the work site :) Thanks!
    Lvw5p3z.png