guys watch this and tell me what you all think of this.

Comments

• WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    Psssst, again, wrong forum ;)

Really cool though. Hopefully you can get some more unique skills implemented, cause I would love to try it.
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    I think more people should use mob models for their custom classes. Nice work here.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    Who made this? Whoever did it made it look very nice. I guess making armor models for mob models could be a bit tricky. But it just takes some time and dedication i guess.
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    gluemchen wrote:
    Who made this? Whoever did it made it look very nice. I guess making armor models for mob models could be a bit tricky. But it just takes some time and dedication i guess.

I don't know if this was made by a single person or by a group. I think a group effort would be the best way to accomplish this. The armor models would be hard to do because you'd have to do one for every different armor model. It would be a huge ammount of work. A factor that I didn't even consider before my last post.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    I think custom armor or random armor can be achieved rather easily, if the right system is made. Think of it like building blocks. The armor pieces go into certain slots, but the actual piece that goes into a slot is interchangeable. The issue would come with body shapes of the mobs, and sizes I think.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Freaking sweet. Always wanted a Zealot class. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • AkuraAkura Posts: 56
    Webbstre wrote:
    Psssst, again, wrong forum ;)

Really cool though. Hopefully you can get some more unique skills implemented, cause I would love to try it.

Ahhhhhhh!! @[email protected] i think i need to read where topics go where @[email protected] sorryyy :oops:

Arkham wrote:
    Freaking sweet. Always wanted a Zealot class. Can't wait to see it finished.

Agreed though how to get the old armor conformable to the Zealot mesh would be tricky unless someone modeled the vang with a tail and textured her to match a zealot with ears shouldn't be hard to do if your do it right though i could be wrong. just a thought.
  • ^i wouldnt imagin it would be easy.

wouldnt it just be easyer to reskin an existing player modle? that way u dont have to mess around wit skeletons and **** like that for ur new class to be able to use equipment.
  • ombraombra Posts: 1,008
    Looks really nice! I would certainly play such a class!
    Former Forum Nicks
    Hellgate London: Pumpkinnose
    Mythos: Sanguefreddo
    ombra wrote:
    Looks really nice! I would certainly play such a class!
    As would I , man Torchlight needs to add races per class and make zealot a playable race with her own armor. wait that is totally possible O.O

simple replace alll the armor in the game with armor customizable to fit on the dark zealot's mesh. yeah it would take a good amount of months but why cant it be done?
  • Moved.
  • Very nice indeed, would be very cool to play.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
  • lol, that's awesome! Anyway, aren't there mods out there that allow you to equip armor but not have it physically equip ingame (so you always have the starting armor on)? Someone could use that for a quick fix to the armor problem if they didn't want to spend eons designing custom meshes for every armor piece in the game :D .
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg
    ^ Nuclear weapons+Torchlight=MASSIVE OWNAGE! :mrgreen: ^

Mods: [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack v2
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing the Zealot with just the default look.
    I mean, having visible armor changes would be cooler obviously, but even without that I'd still enjoy it.
    (Though, aren't the pauldrons/shoulderpads completely separate geometry? Those, at least, seem like they might be easy to have show up on her since it wouldn't involve replacing chunks of the original mesh.)
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • JarchoJarcho Posts: 253
    No, they're still part of the same mesh. There's obviously going to be more room for error with placement of them though. There would still be the work of making animations for all the different weapon types and editing the zealot mesh to include the various tags that are used only by players (e.g. fishing positions). And no, the vanquisher mesh does not control all the bones used by the zealot, plus the placement of the bones on the vanquisher would probably cause the zealot mesh to stretch and become distorted.
    Jarcho wrote:
    No, they're still part of the same mesh. There's obviously going to be more room for error with placement of them though. There would still be the work of making animations for all the different weapon types and editing the zealot mesh to include the various tags that are used only by players (e.g. fishing positions). And no, the vanquisher mesh does not control all the bones used by the zealot, plus the placement of the bones on the vanquisher would probably cause the zealot mesh to stretch and become distorted.
    i never thoought about that. but the real question is, can this be done