[PET]Wolf Fish Mod

PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Mod Showcase
Basic Info
Mod Name: Wolf Fish Mod
Release Date: 02 Oct 2010
Description: Provides fish at the vendors which will transform your Dog into a choice of wolves:

1. Red Wolf
2. White Wolf
3. Black Wolf
4. Grey Wolf
5. Spirit Wolf

fish_wolves_8C0.jpg

The tansformations are 'permanent' until you transform your dog into something else.

The wolves have higher health, speed, attack strength and resistances compared to the standard dog. None of the wolves have saddlebags, but they will still be able to carry anything you ask them to.

Download
You can DL this mod from RGF at this link.

Installation
1) Delete any previous Wolf pet mods.

2) Extract the [PET]Wolf_Fish_Mod folder from the archive and place it in your TL mods folder, usually at:
(drive):\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods

3) Clear your mod cache (you can use the 'remove_binary.bat' file which comes with this mod to do this). Run the game!
Torchmodders
Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    This mod is just a fish-based pet transformation adaptation of the following pre-existing mods:

1. Vagrant's Size-boosted Dog mod
    2. Avenue's wolf skins without saddlebags mod, and
    3. Bagleygames' Spirit Wolf mod

Credit goes to the original authors for their great work!

EDIT:
    Correction - the Spirit Wolf mod was also made by Avenue (thanks Avenue for setting me right)
    Torchmodders
  • I downloaded the mod and installed it properly. I ran the binary thingy and launched the game however the fish are nowhere to be seen. None of the vendors have them and the pots+scrolls one only has the one that transforms your pet into cat/dog. Tried running a few floors and returning but still not there.
    Hmm... Ember Lance, sounds cool, let's give it a sho - IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!
    Hi Sindrael! Letting you know I've started looking into this but don't have enough time right now to completely solve it. Will get back to you as soon as I can :)
    Torchmodders
  • Thanks ;) No need to hurry though. If it helps in any way Vagrant's mod with all the potions to change the pet makes the potions show up. Maybe there's something wrong with vendor files or something. No idea though, don't know squat about modding just trying to join the dots x)
    Hi Sindrael. I downloaded the mod from RGF to make sure I'm using the same one as you. Put it into my mods folder and... it worked.

Aside from using the 'remove_binary.bat' file, pls also delete these files from your torchlight folder:
    massfile.dat
    materresourceunits.dat
    and
    resourceconfig.dat
    That should completely flush any previous mods data and force the game to re-read all the mods again.

Are you certain you put it in so that the directory structure (for Win XP) is:
    [Drive:]\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods\[PET]Wolf_Fish_Mod ?

Can you also tell me more about your particular set-up? Like your game engine version (1.12? 1.15?), your distribution version (retail boxed? steam?)

Thanks!
    Torchmodders
  • Deleted the files, still don't show up. Maybe it's because of my PC's seemingly natural resistance to any mods, so far only have worked out of like 20 that I've tried.

My version is retail boxed, 1.15.
    aargh - okay one last thing. What other mods do you have running? It could also be a mods conflict thing...
    Torchmodders
    Version 2.0 Available

Okay, this mod has been updated to v2.0, which just incorporates the Hellhound as one of the fish-transform options.

wolffish2_6y8.jpg

You can read more about the Hellhound itself from the Hellhound thread.

Pls download from its RGF page.
    Torchmodders
  • I also can't get this mod to work. I've installed it in the correct file (the one with all my other working mods) and ran "remove_binary.bat" and the fish simply don't show up. I have your class mod "Valkyrie II" installed and she comes with one of these wolfs so I even removed her temporarily from my game (in case that wolf was causing issues)... it still didn't work. I downloaded the only mod from Vagrant I could find and the fish still did not show up. I deleted the extra files you suggested and that did nothing. I also have your tiger fish mod. I removed that and tried and, still, nothing. I'm very bummed. I hate default replacements and so was excited to see these as fish but my vendor hates me and won't sell them... ;(

If you have any further ideas, please let me know! And, so this isn't all a negative post... I love your mods! They are awesome and I really love those cats! They're my favorite! The "Valkyrie" class looks great in the game and works awesomely with SorrySoldOut's texture mod, so it's the only class mod I actually use. Thanks for the great mods and all the hard work you clearly put into them! =)
    :oops:

Hi DreamWhisper! You are too kind! Thanks for the praise and I feel really good that you're enjoying the Valkyrie!

Now about the Wolf Fishes - can you first please tell me exactly what other mods you have running in your set-up? I mean the list of your running mods when you first tried to install the Wolf Fish mod.
    Torchmodders
  • Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and for looking into this issue, especially since it doesn't seem to be a very wide spread one... I'm still convinced my merchant just hates me. ;)

The mods I am (or was) running are what follows:
    Bees - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2950
    MoreMaps - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3956
    potionsSTACKSIZE - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3482
    Shaped Gems - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5711
    Total Respec - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5604
    SSSTorchlightTextures - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13720
    SSSskinsNarmor - same as above address ^
    VeryHealthyPet - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8310
    UI Reskin - http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downlo ... ile&id=570
    000[CLASS]Valkyrie_II_v2.0 - I'm certain you can find it
    TigerfishMod_v3 - same as above ^

Some more information that might be helpful. I removed all other mods and ran "remove_binary.bat" and still nothing. I tested these fish on both a WinXP 32Bit system and a Win7 64Bit and the fish did not appear in either. My game is the Steam version and fully updated (I had meant to mention this before). My mods are also all up to date as I made sure of this morning. The mods are more or less the same on both systems with the only difference being a few of them are not on the Win7 system. Again, thanks for looking into this and I do hope it can be solved but it's no biggie if it can't. I'll just keep using the kitties... err tigers.
    Hi DreamWhisper! Thanks for the info.

Am I right that you aren't using any Merchant mod whatsoever? If that's correct, then you may never see these Wolf Fish as they were designed to be sold by a fish-vendor merchant :(

Would you mind terribly if you had to install a Merchant mod just to use this Fish mod?
    Torchmodders
  • LOL... You know, I'd wondered about that but since your tiger fish worked I didn't think that was necessary. I don't mind at all using such a mod I simply seem to be having issues finding one. I hear mention of them all the time but can't seem to locate one myself. Would you mind linking me to one if you happen to have the link handy? Pretty please! Otherwise, I'll keep searching myself. Maybe I'm just horrible at searching. Thanks for the response and I'm so sorry for the trouble... :oops:

UPDATE: Okay, N/M I found the Merchant Pack and installed it ( viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8255&start=160 ) and the wolfs show up at the fish vendor!! Hooray!! However, your tigers disappear from any vendor. I ran around and checked them all out. No tigers. My kitties were gone. I was sad. I uninstalled the wolves and still no kitties. It's no huge deal though. I will simply remove the Merchant Pack whenever I want the cats and put it back in when I want a wolf. Still, thought you'd want to know about this incompatibility (so to speak).

THANKS for all the help and the wolfs looks great! I already tried them all in my game. I'm going with the ****-hound for Legion. :twisted:
    Hi DreamWhisper! I see where the hitch is :) - you were using TigerFish_v3 which is a mod by AverageOddity and (I think) wasn't made to work with fish vendors.

But TigerFish is an excellent mod and I have to admit it was the basis for all of my own Fish mods - like my Big Cats Fish mod, which gives you all of the the TigerFish tigers plus a leopard and a black panther (screenshots).

This may seem like bad form, but would you consider switching to the Big Cats Fish mod instead? Purely for compatibility reasons and not to put the TigerFish mod down in any way.
    Torchmodders
  • When I originally found these tigers available for download it was your download... but I didn't download them at that time. I went back later, on a different computer, and grabbed the downloads at which point I must have grabbed the wrong ones. I had wondered what happened to the panther and leopard. LOL! I just had no plans to use those two so didn't think much more on it but now I see, as you correctly pointed out, I grabbed the wrong mod. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now all the kitties and doggies show up at the fish vendor! :D

I usually can figure these things out on my own and wouldn't you know the one time it's really a series of very simple fixes and it goes completely over my head! :oops:

I'm very sorry for bothering you so much but thank you very much for your support! Best customer service ever!!! :mrgreen:
    I'm very sorry for bothering you so much but thank you very much for your support! Best customer service ever!!! :mrgreen:
    Haha! NP DreamWhisper! I used to work in a telecoms company - going the extra mile for customers is a form of atonement for me :D

Am glad they're all working now! Have fun! :)
    Torchmodders
  • Phanjam wrote:
    Hi DreamWhisper! Thanks for the info.

Am I right that you aren't using any Merchant mod whatsoever? If that's correct, then you may never see these Wolf Fish as they were designed to be sold by a fish-vendor merchant :(

Would you mind terribly if you had to install a Merchant mod just to use this Fish mod?
    Wolf Fish is very difficult for eating..have you any solution for this. :geek:
    jmilton088 wrote:
    Wolf Fish is very difficult for eating..have you any solution for this. :geek:
    Hi jmilton! Can you give me a more complete description of the kind of problem you're having with the mod please?
    Torchmodders
  • ive been eating fish my whole life, one important tip is to use your fingers and avoid the bones! it just takes some practice :lol:

what? wait... so its a wolf fish? never tasted one... so u just prolly have to ignore my post. kthnxbye~

i ish spammin :mrgreen:
    animatednewonelightning.gif
    Crossfire PH player
    IGN: bL1m3Y
  • AvenueAvenue Posts: 160
    I am sooo late to this, but Bagleygames didn't make the Spirit Wolf re-skin, that was me :p (does anybody even play anymore? Haha) Also, I had made a bag-free version of the dogs as well as one with bags. All the skins I made can be found here: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/member.php/1039-Avenue?tab=downloads2#downloads2
    Avenue wrote:
    I am sooo late to this, but Bagleygames didn't make the Spirit Wolf re-skin, that was me :p (does anybody even play anymore? Haha) Also, I had made a bag-free version of the dogs as well as one with bags. All the skins I made can be found here: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/member.php/1039-Avenue?tab=downloads2#downloads2

Hey Avenue! Thanks for setting me right on that (and sorry for the error in the first place).

Yeah I still play TL1, I think the last time I played was last month or so. Are you playing TL2 as well?
    Torchmodders