Best weapon? Melee/summoner

cadararicadarari Posts: 2
edited January 2011 in Alchemist Discussions
Well what is the best weapon for be a melee/summoner? 2dw or 2h or 1h+shield. imo i prefer 2dw but idk if is the best "option" for this class and build :ugeek: :ugeek:

Comments

• DuskrynDuskryn Posts: 10
    It's all on what you prefer.

-Duskryn
    5e8167ce7a.jpg
  • LazzieLazzie Posts: 155
    I like using staves, because I think they're, well, coolest. The safest option is probably wand/shield, since it lets you stay in the back while your minions get tore in with the defensive bonus of a shield.

For staves, though, I use the Epic Pandemonium on my summoner mist, because the Magnus set is great and it gives +20% to melee damage, some ridiculous armor degraded, and +50% to minion damage. Legendary Druid's Core is also good because it gives a small bonus to minion armor and damage plus a huge magic find. I haven't found one yet, but an Epic Legendary Godhammer is probably the best weapon for a melee mist because of its completely ridiculous damage. It also gives a small bonus to minion armor.
    I'm addicted to games that start with D and end in -iablo, -isgaea, or -ragon Quest.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com
  • DuskrynDuskryn Posts: 10
    I always think of it like this:

Dual Wielding (Two Wands) = More Damage (via speed)
    Weapon/Shield (Wand/Shield) = More Defense
    2 Handed Weapon (Staff) = More Damage (via raw damage)

Of course, this is just my generalization of weapons on any RPG; it could work out differently on Torchlight.

-Duskryn
    5e8167ce7a.jpg