Your Best Weapon So far!

FutileEmotionFutileEmotion Posts: 14
edited April 2012 in Vanquisher Discussions
So you've had the game for a few hours. What weapon have you found? What have you socketted it with? What awesome enchantments does it have?

For my level 17, I found the "Ice Dragonne", a unique rifle. I thought it was pretty sweet, as my old online alias was IceDragon:

238 DPS
2 Handed
9 armor Degraded per hit
Increases All ice damage by 35% (Not that I'm doing much ice damage right now)
+10% Pet and Minion damage
+19 ice damage
+12 ice damage
+9 electric damage

EDIT:
I took a 10k gamble and enchanted it, and got two extra enchantments:

+19 Ice damage
+9 electric damage

I then added a cold ember, to give it an extra +12 cold damage

It has an open socket, but I haven't found any cool gems yet. I also not sure if I want to spend the ridiculous amount of gold it will take to maaaybe give it an enchantment.

I'm doing 281-561 damage with it, nevermind critical hits (I maxed critical strikes). I've seen her hit for 990ish. Not that fast, but so far, one hit KOs most of the time.

What about you?

Comments

• gun.jpg

I'd say this. It turned my Hard file into Very Easy. :P
  • 98!? Thats a bit ridiculous, especially with that attack speed! To shame, hacker. ;)
  • EricKitEricKit Posts: 13
    I found a unique rifle with around 230 dam, probably same as yours
  • So I've kept playing, and hit level 21. I found an arbalest (crossbow) that had a faster attack speed, so the DPS was 400ish. And then I fooled around with enchant.

Enchant is your friend. So far, no negatives at all, except occasionally wasted gold. There seems to be *no limit* on the number of times you can enchant the same item. Sometimes, it will improve the existing enchantments. Sometimes it will add new enchantments. And sometimes it will add sockets.

The key is that enchant only goes up in price when the number of enchantments is increased. So added sockets and improved enchantments don't increase the cost of future enchantments. This means that while the enchant cost is still 3k, you can get some killer stats.

And so, I ended up with this:

arbalestofthecolossus.jpg

Note the two empty sockets. On a normal attack, I do 600-700ish, but on a critical hit, it can jump as high as 2,300. Add in an AOE attack that uses my ranged weapon, and so far no challenge.
  • orrinssidearm.jpg Is the best i've found so far. I'll need to try the enchant trick with it to see how high I can get the dps and if I can get some lifesteal.
  • My lv 11 is using a rifle with 15 life steal per hit, poison + cold damage, and knockback.
    It's a rare... around 150dps.
    In the wake, our existence. In our parades... and in our dances.
    With great spirits proclaiming that capitalism is indeed organized crime - and we're all the victims.

10sdxer.jpg
  • WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Some people have reported that there is a small but PRESENT chance that your magical item will lose ALL of its enchantments in favor of new ones. For this reason, I suggest either NOT enchanting ad infinitum, or at least do not do so with your main weapon.
  • Holy **** :[ The 500 dps weapon is insane. I only found crappy weapons so far. Lol with this I would be running through the levels ^^.
  • TidTid Posts: 39
    **** i love smashing stuff in the face with this.

mybabylr.jpg
    Thanks captain **** you're needed back in the troll cave.
  • syltmansyltman Posts: 159
    So I've kept playing, and hit level 21. I found an arbalest (crossbow) that had a faster attack speed, so the DPS was 400ish. And then I fooled around with enchant.

Enchant is your friend. So far, no negatives at all, except occasionally wasted gold. There seems to be *no limit* on the number of times you can enchant the same item. Sometimes, it will improve the existing enchantments. Sometimes it will add new enchantments. And sometimes it will add sockets.

The key is that enchant only goes up in price when the number of enchantments is increased. So added sockets and improved enchantments don't increase the cost of future enchantments. This means that while the enchant cost is still 3k, you can get some killer stats.

And so, I ended up with this:

arbalestofthecolossus.jpg

Note the two empty sockets. On a normal attack, I do 600-700ish, but on a critical hit, it can jump as high as 2,300. Add in an AOE attack that uses my ranged weapon, and so far no challenge.

Holy ****,

I don't got a pic of my best weapon but it had 333 DPS.
  • vikingviking Posts: 10
    how do i insert img? ive edited it in paint but dunno how to upload to this message :,(
  • maomao Posts: 1
    gun2.png

thats mine so far -_-
  • ewoksyewoksy Posts: 39
    pewpewpew.png
    lost quiet a few earlier though :<

I'm now wondering wether i should put this through the retirement and start again, anyone have an insight just as how good a bonus it is?
    sverdp.jpg
  • beargun.png

Ricochet crit for over 4k, 21% of the time, at level 18 with that thing. Crazy. Except for the part where I have no defenses and my tiny 45-89 damage reduction doesn't really do much against Very Hard charging lizardmen.

Kill or be killed. Very, very messily.
  • gunf.jpg

My only problem is the screen is shaking ALL THE **** TIME. Got over 45% crit, it's just unplayable so I usually use a lower DPS weapon(1500ish) to even be able to play the game.

Whichever mastermind dev thought about having the screen SHAKE on crits should get fired, you shouldn't punish people for getting good items. You can't possibly stand more than 5 minutes playing with this gun.

If anyone wants it I can upload my shared stash file, see for yourselves.

irt the guy above me: i had this gun at over 600 dps at lvl 10, just spend all your gold(literally) on enchanting the weapon. I don't even use hp or mana pots, sell those for gold too :p I am still only lvl 17, everything including orange mobs gets 1 shot at very hard ****^^
  • Some people have reported that there is a small but PRESENT chance that your magical item will lose ALL of its enchantments in favor of new ones.
    Confirmed.

I don't know if this would remove the base bonuses from a unique item like Ice Dragonne, but it happened to a "blue" (rare) bow that I was using. It should be noted, however, that the 2 gem slots I had filled on that bow were not removed. I was able to enchant the bow all over again and get it back up to "uber" status too, so no harm done, really.
    sig-ani-yes.gif no-trolling.gif
    dude, how? just how the **** 3k dmg per second ? tell me how, the enchanter in town ?
  • Best weapon so far that is vanquisher related is

Unique Pistol
    General Orrin's Sidearm
    attk 285 dps
    fastest

enchanting Unique is so **** expensive... I haven't been able to enchant any unique except the rares...

I do wonder how you managed to get that weapon to 3k... dps
  • weapons_20.jpg

not really that much compared to some of the weapons in this thread xD but pretty decent i think

to the one with the 3k dps gun, seriously you must have some godly luck to not having had your enchantments erased while gimping it up to that state.
  • kronchevkronchev Posts: 129
    lol @ that gun up there

gZtxn.jpg
    My build
    http://tinyurl.com/y8b6suw

My tips
    You can block without a shield, 2h weapons have the same DPS as 1h weapons, Shadow Armor is your best friend, learn your 1 point wonders: Frost Shield, Entropic Aura, Stampede, Spectral Decay
  • XinoxXinox Posts: 75
    O Hai

Van1.jpg
  • just found this.
    NOT ENCHANTED. gonna use it for my melee vanquisher ;) gonna kick **** when im done with enchantin it :)

uniq.jpg?t=1256778203
  • MuseMuse Posts: 34
    My current one :)

k0q2oi.png

Just w8ting a bit with the sockets :D
  • Fl0h4nFl0h4n Posts: 1
    torchlight.jpg

Those are my 2 weapons since im a melee vanquisher :)
  • viking wrote:
    dude, how? just how the **** 3k dmg per second ? tell me how, the enchanter in town ?

yeah the enchanter in town, mind you he can also fail and remove ALL enchantments, I was just really lucky he didn't on this gun

If you put up a gold item and he fails with enchanting it, EVERYTHING get's removed as well. Gold are also much more expensive to enchant.

In the end blue/green are the only ones worth enchanting. You can crank up a lvl 1 green to over 1000 dps before lvl 12 with a little luck, mind you if the enchants reset your whole character is screwed ^^
  • DakrealDakreal Posts: 28
    Nihilnovi wrote:
    gunf.jpg

My only problem is the screen is shaking ALL THE **** TIME. Got over 45% crit, it's just unplayable so I usually use a lower DPS weapon(1500ish) to even be able to play the game.

Whichever mastermind dev thought about having the screen SHAKE on crits should get fired, you shouldn't punish people for getting good items. You can't possibly stand more than 5 minutes playing with this gun.

irt the guy above me: i had this gun at over 600 dps at lvl 10, just spend all your gold(literally) on enchanting the weapon. I don't even use hp or mana pots, sell those for gold too :p I am still only lvl 17, everything including orange mobs gets 1 shot at very hard ****^^

Mayb you should show your cheater tag also :)
    Skeletons still fit in Barrels :o
  • Dakreal wrote:
    Nihilnovi wrote:
    gunf.jpg

Mayb you should show your cheater tag also :)

Maybe you shouldn't be jealous and bash on people with greater understanding of the games mechanics.

(yes there is a way to avoid having all your enchantments removed)

(yes there is a way to avoid having all your enchantments removed)

will u please tell me how? im not even getting my dps over 800, used around 80 k now. ive created 2 characters who i ran around to use the very same weapon in enchantments shrines. even with all the shrines and all the money used to enchant in town, my weapon isnt half of yours, please tell me
    dasdad.jpg and the sad thing over all of it is that enchanted items are the best, i have my shared stass filled with uniques and set items, not 1 space left. and those stupid enchanted weapons aint getting as good as yours. how?
  • DrapperDrapper Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    Game only saves after entering/exiting portals, so you can manipulate enchantments, prevent deaths, experiment with skill points, transmutations, etc. (alt-tab, end torchlight.exe in process manager, or simply alt+f4).

Edit: Alt+f4 doesn't work. It can be a useful way to save, though. Use the other method.