Varkaseer?

pogosdickpogosdick Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in TL General Discussions
I have an open quest regarding 'Battle a Varkaseer'. The quest indicates that this is to occur in the third level of the mines, which I have already cleared. I have gone over the 3rd level map several times and it seems totally devoid of any enemies whatsoever. Maybe I'm missing something? If so, does anyone recollect where or what this 'varkaseer' is? I'm wondering if this is a bug or respawn issue.

Comments

• rootplrootpl Posts: 16
    When you kill him you have to go little bit on east and you'll find a little bridge when you cross the bridge you'll find a teleport and that will be the end of the quest ;)
    i had the same problem bro :)

enjoy !
  • Evil007Evil007 Posts: 63
    Yeah i am also playing with a quest that I took at the begining, I need to find another ember somewhere in NECROPOLIS... But I haven't seen any necropolis yet, so I am stuck with that as well.... Atm i am collecting 3 glives, to open up a third portal... Did i miss it or is it a bug?
  • JBeckJBeck Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    Evil007 wrote:
    Yeah i am also playing with a quest that I took at the begining, I need to find another ember somewhere in NECROPOLIS... But I haven't seen any necropolis yet, so I am stuck with that as well.... Atm i am collecting 3 glives, to open up a third portal... Did i miss it or is it a bug?
    Evil, you have actually missed the Ember quest in the Necropolis.
    The Waypoint Portal in Town will be able to take you back to the Undead levels.
    Time and resources are realities that force tough decisions regarding our desires. - BECK
    JBeck wrote:
    Evil007 wrote:

ok thnx, i'll have to go back i guess =(
    JBeck wrote:
    Evil007 wrote:

Yeah I have found it now, but I had to abandon the quest and I received it again, the room where I found that deathplace embar had 2 quest items =) Just a note for you, might be a small bug with abandoing quests =)
  • rootpl wrote:
    When you kill him you have to go little bit on east and you'll find a little bridge when you cross the bridge you'll find a teleport and that will be the end of the quest ;)
    I'm having the same problem as OP. Could you please specify where the bridge is? On 3rd floor? Have walked it through several times, but still nothing :(.

Thanks.

Edit: Is this quest somehow connected to the storyline or pre-requirement for other quests? Or I can just skip it.
  • rootplrootpl Posts: 16
    on last floor on the big arena where you killed boss called Varkaseer there is little bridge on the right it's quait easy to spotted it
  • I must be a little simple. I have the "Battle Varkaseer" quest. But I cannot find him on the 3rd floor. I have cleared it and still have not managed to complete the quest. What gives?
  • IEArmand wrote:
    I must be a little simple. I have the "Battle Varkaseer" quest. But I cannot find him on the 3rd floor. I have cleared it and still have not managed to complete the quest. What gives?
    Same here. I think my problem may be that I cleared the floor before taking the quest and probably also killed the boss.
  • snowiekensnowieken Posts: 205
    rootpl wrote:
    where you killed boss called Varkaseer
    That is exactly their problem, that they can't find him.

I can be wrong about this. But I think the levels respawn after 30 minutes. Try and re-enter floor 3 with the quest in your log, and normally he should be there.
    -Snow

When people tell me "plz" just because it is shorter than "please", I feel perfectly justified to say "no", because it is shorter than "yes".
  • I also have the problem of having killed the boss before taking the quest (didnt go to town before floor 4), and now being locked out of the quest chain
    I even cleared out floor 3 again after i realized the monsters had respawned, but Varkaseer wasn't there, just some random champions.

So, devs, please make it that we can still at least get the followups if we accidentally kill the questboss too early, it kind of **** not being able to to about one third of the quests just because not having went to town early enough to see theres a quest for the floor you're in at the moment :/
    Unless I am mistaken, I do remember doing Varkaseer with a character after completing floor 4. Could be that I used the waypoint in town and backtracked to floor 3 that way, but in any case Varkaseer was there.
    -Snow

When people tell me "plz" just because it is shorter than "please", I feel perfectly justified to say "no", because it is shorter than "yes".
  • Try dropping the quest and re-taking it. Then start from top level and go down... seems to have worked for me.
  • for me it didn't :/ i dropped it, took it again, cleared floor 3 again, no Varkaseer
    A bit frustrated that I can't help you. Again, I also forgot to pick up the Varkaseer quest after clearing floor 4, but I did it afterwards when floor 3 was reset, and I really can't remember if I did anything special to achieve it.
    -Snow

• Ok I got it to work.

I cancelled the quest then picked it up. I then went from into the mine from Floor 1 to Floor 3. Varkaseer was there this time through.

Hope it helps.
  • leetalityleetality Posts: 141
    I had trouble with this too, think I killed him THEN picked up the quest.

However I took the waygate back to floor 4, cleared floor 3 from end to start (backwards), used a town portal, abandoned and picked the quest back up, took the portal back into the dungeon and even though the rest of the floor wasn't respawned, I saw him walking not even 50 steps south from the beginning of the floor.

Quest completed.
  • KiernianKiernian Posts: 1
    leetality wrote:
    I had trouble with this too, think I killed him THEN picked up the quest.

However I took the waygate back to floor 4, cleared floor 3 from end to start (backwards), used a town portal, abandoned and picked the quest back up, took the portal back into the dungeon and even though the rest of the floor wasn't respawned, I saw him walking not even 50 steps south from the beginning of the floor.

Quest completed.

This.

After clearing the third floor twice (once backwards, once forwards), I stopped in the middle, Town Portaled, dropped the quest, re-obtained it, went back through my portal and there he was.

Note that this means that you apparently do NOT have to exit, abandon, and then re-clear, you can abandon post-cleared and he should still appear in the usual spot when you come back.
  • seems strange they never fixed this bug. most of the other quests can be completed without picking the quest up in the first place simply by completing the requirements. i've had the same issue with varkaseer. oh well.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Huh??

The Champions for the quests from TrillBot are not even spawned into the respective floors of the dungeon until/unless you talk to him, PRIOR to entering that floor. There is no way to complete those Quests without accepting it from Trillbot. The target Champion is not part of the generation instructions for the next floor until you talk to Trillbot, and if you enter a floor and cause it to be random generated for your current playthough before you talk to him, when you next bespeak him, he will skip any floors that have already been opened/generated, and offer you a target monster deeper down, on the first standard floor you have not opened yet.

Varkaseer is a bit unique, in that requesting/finding him unlocks the Trillbot standard quests. I think that they arranged that one differently, and allow him to spawn much more flexibly after playtesting, because it is so easy to enter the campaign dungeon at the story start, with most of the vendors locked, and run through Floor 3 before emerging to discover that there are several side quest options. Varkaseer is the one and ONLY Champion whose quest can be inititated after the target floor has been initially generated/cleared.

BTW, there is no "usual spot" for Varkaseer. In several hundred plays (at least of the beginning sequences <grin>), I have discovered Varkaseer in virtually every corner, beginning, middle, end, side tunnel, of Floor 3.

dreamrider