Transmutation Recipies

EntropyEntropy Posts: 75
edited August 2010 in TL General Discussions
Here are the recipies known so far, post any others that you discover on your journeys.
3 Pieces of jewelry, green or rare or unique = A new green or rare or unique
4 Blue items = Dull Gem (These are what are specified in the games files, however it seems to be very random)
4 Uniques = Base gem (See above)
4 Greens = Cracked gem (See above)
4 Gems = Double gem upgrade
2 Gems = Single gem upgrade.
Magic pistol, shield an belt = Sushi helm

Comments

• If you find a wooden leg you know what to do
  • santoriinsantoriin Posts: 31
    edited October 2009
    4 low quality rings gave me a decent gem
  • EntropyEntropy Posts: 75
    Used most of my greens to get gems so far and have some nice cut gems so far, will test 4 greens/blues/yellows when i can farm some items again, suffering from crashes atm =[

Edit: Doesnt seem to be any variation between 4 greens and 4 blues for gem levels.
    Edit 2: 3 potions = Upgrade potion (this returns all excess potions to your inventory so dont worry about not having a stack of exactly 3.
    Edit3: Just transmuted 4 Purples and got anoter dull gem. I guess item quality does not count :lol:
    Bumping it from the depths with new discoveries.
    3 Pieces of jewelry green/rare/unique = A new /green/rare/unique
    4 Blue items = Dull Gem
    4 uniques = Base gem
    4 greens = Cracked gem
    4 gems = Double gem upgrade

Also another which I think may be quest related or something.
    Possibly more if they have hidden them well enough though.
  • You can also upgrade a potion with a gem, but I'm not sure of the exact combination/results.
    Interesting, but a waste of a gem in my opinion. Ill look into it after i finish my seacrh for the respec potion.
  • Seph79Seph79 Posts: 376
    Thanks for the list, post more if you can find em!
    If this were real life, I'd be dead....
    If there are more i am looking forward to finding them ;)

Ill keep on looking
    Entropy wrote:
    If there are more i am looking forward to finding them ;)

Ill keep on looking

Bumping this, anyone found any more? I'm stashing gear to see what I can do with transmute.
    Sadly not, i havent been able to do any more looking since my last post on this thread.
    Crashes are killing me =[.

However i cant find any others hidden in the games files. Hopefully more will be added soon.
  • WestonWeston Posts: 1,004
    Is it an NPC in the town of Torchlight that changes these items?
    Yes, just abit right of the central stash.
  • Entropy wrote:
    Bumping it from the depths with new discoveries.
    3 Pieces of jewelry green/rare/unique = A new /green/rare/unique
    4 Blue items = Dull Gem
    4 uniques = Base gem
    4 greens = Cracked gem
    4 gems = Double gem upgrade
    Do the greens/blue/yellows have to be the same item? I tried with just any 3 random blues and it didn't work.
    They have to be the same quality.
    3 green, or 3 blue or 3 yellow
  • SrikandiSrikandi Posts: 334
    I get a dull gem whether I'm transmuting greens or blues, just as somebody above reported, so I think that item in your list is incorrect. Could be a bug, but that's how it works in my game.
    Srikandi wrote:
    I get a dull gem whether I'm transmuting greens or blues, just as somebody above reported, so I think that item in your list is incorrect. Could be a bug, but that's how it works in my game.
    Yes ive noticed there is some variation, i have transmuted my way through 30+ gems so far :P

I am merely posting what is specifie in the game files, however i ave noticed higer quality have a better chance of giving better gems from my experiance.
  • BowzonBowzon Posts: 9
    So the item Transmute only works with jewelry ? Or any Gold weapon / armor ?

Cheers !~
    Cheers !~
  • The spoiler isnt showing up on my screen. Just a blank black page.

You say you are transmuting blues. blue equipment? What else you put into the transmuter with the Blue quality item?
    "Pain is good for it lets me know that I am still Alive."
  • PoringPoring Posts: 144
    I searched around the game files, mainly searching for THOSE **** GEM IMAGES, THEY ARE SO SMALL.
    Anyways, I noticed there are only a few recipes, ignoring that there are two recipes for every gem level (2x and 4x), which adds up to over a hundred. I HATE THE SMALL GEM IMAGES, DID I ALREADY TELL THAT? YOU CANT SEE A DIFFERENCE......
    If you ignore the Gem and Potion upgrades, there seem to be only 11 other recipes - 6 of them are 3 necklasses/ringes of each quality, probably the ones you already noticed, like the following 4BLUES/4UNIQUES.
    The other recipes:
    "4BLUES BECOMES DULLGEM"
    "4UNIQUES BECOMES BASEGEM"
    "GREENS TO GEM"
    "STRANGELAND"
    "WEIRDNESS01"

I didnt check what all of those did exactly, I didnt want to spoil myself anymore, especially those last two. For the moment, that is. I guess we will see more when TorchED releases. I'm going to make a Diablo2-like runes mod! :D Maybe some transmutation-based runewords.
  • Loadafreak wrote:
    If you find a wooden leg you know what to do
    found one in borderlands if that counts! :D
  • PoringPoring Posts: 144
    twincannon wrote:
    Loadafreak wrote:
    Well, too bad there's no portals in Borderlands. That really was a letdown for me, right next to the fact that the PC version feels like a console port, and the flawed multiplayer. Yes, flawed multiplayer. Whenever I played online, it was always a race for the loot - the person that was there first usually got all the awesome weapons. :(
    Oh well, we're getting off-topic.
    TORCHLIGHTTTTTTT
  • Poring wrote:
    twincannon wrote:
    Loadafreak wrote:
    Well, too bad there's no portals in Borderlands. That really was a letdown for me, right next to the fact that the PC version feels like a console port, and the flawed multiplayer. Yes, flawed multiplayer. Whenever I played online, it was always a race for the loot - the person that was there first usually got all the awesome weapons. :(
    Oh well, we're getting off-topic.
    TORCHLIGHTTTTTTT
    man, i dont understand why games don't instance the drops these days

i mean geeze, mythos had that in beta and it worked great
    Just did 3 green rings, transmuted to an unidentified green ring. Not sure if there is some sort of trick to transmuting or which "In" qualities make a good "Out" quality item, that thing about Diablo 2 cube confused me.
  • I just tried the sushi helm recipe and it didn't work. Tried with a green pistol, green belt and green shield; no luck. Tried again with green pistol, white belt and shield; no luck.
    Snooder wrote:
    I just tried the sushi helm recipe and it didn't work. Tried with a green pistol, green belt and green shield; no luck. Tried again with green pistol, white belt and shield; no luck.

Same, no go. So far I've found
    3 rings (green) = Higher quality green ring ( Confirmation? )
    3 necklaces (Green) = Higher quality green necklace ( Confirmation? )
    Seph79 wrote:
    Snooder wrote:
    I just tried the sushi helm recipe and it didn't work. Tried with a green pistol, green belt and green shield; no luck. Tried again with green pistol, white belt and shield; no luck.

Same, no go. So far I've found
    3 rings (green) = Higher quality green ring ( Confirmation? )
    3 necklaces (Green) = Higher quality green necklace ( Confirmation? )

Also, we need someone to put these recipies up somewhere permanantly, perhaps on the runicgames fansite? Somewhere.
  • The Sushi helm recipe didnt work for me either, so i looked at the adm-file and it says something like it needs a fish potion too. Also, the pistol, shield and belt all have to be magic. I'm not sure if i understood that right, it's not really readable in notepad.

edit: i think they have to be green. dunno about the fish potion though. dont even know if something like that exists.
  • VerminVermin Posts: 102
    The Sushi helm recipe didnt work for me either, so i looked at the adm-file and it says something like it needs a fish potion too. Also, the pistol, shield and belt all have to be magic. I'm not sure if i understood that right, it's not really readable in notepad.

edit: i think they have to be green. dunno about the fish potion though. dont even know if something like that exists.

Some fish that you find in side dungeons off of drops are coloured rather than white, go in your main inventory rather than the fish section and are labeled as type 'potion' so that sounds likely. (I think I found mine in a scroll generated dungeon)
    "It's not a skirt"
  • DraakxDraakx Posts: 1
    the sushi recipe does not work with three rares either.
  • i just got some of those fish that say "potion" in the upper right corner. its those fish that you can eat instead of feeding them to the pet. i tried it with those and three green items (im pretty sure they have to be green). it still didnt work. i had two "fish potions", im guessing you need more than that or maybe a special type of fish potion.