Beginner Problem - No Floor/Can't Move

buddyp450buddyp450 Posts: 10
edited February 2011 in Levels
Ok I've just fired this up and watched a couple tutorials to give a basic foundation of my knowledge here.

I deleted my mods folder because I had messed around before and pretty sure I screwed something up. Anyways, I did that because when I restarted to do a new mod from scratch all my stuff was still there? Weird. I moved on and started making a new room with some floor and a player spawn and then when I clicked the play button to preview it my character is just floating stationary in a blank room with nothing in existence anywhere.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it?

Also it would be really helpful to know how to "scrap" it and just start fresh which seems oddly difficult to me.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Upon further playing with the mod this morning I found that if I had NO floor pieces my character could spawn in and move around a bit. It wasn't until after I had placed the floor pieces that everything was gone?
  • Guess these forums/editor is dead... see you on a different editor.
  • AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    edited February 2011
    the forums are *NOT used as much as they used to be, but you should post in the help or mod discussion areas, as the levels area gets little attention.
    You can either reinstall TorchED, or make sure you are using the correct floor type (I believe there is shadow ans noshadow types, one of which you can not walk on). To verify you TorchED is working, download another mod with a custom level and load it into TorchED to see if it plays ok....
  • the forums are used as much as they used to, but you should post in the help or mod discussion areas, as the levels area gets little attention.
    You can either reinstall TorchED, or make sure you are using the correct floor type (I believe there is shadow ans noshadow types, one of which you can not walk on). To verify you TorchED is working, download another mod with a custom level and load it into TorchED to see if it plays ok....
    Thank you, I've been having the same problem, all my floors were "noshadow", changing them to "crypt_floor_blank" worked!