Gonna try VHHC on XBLA..

KxlluKxllu Posts: 72
edited June 2012 in TL Hardcore Mode
Okay, So I'm wanting to try VHHC soon as possible on XBLA. Only thing is I'm not sure on what Stat/Skill build to go with, For sure I do not want to play an Alchemist. They seem unbelievably boring to me. I want to use Sword + Shield, But don't know weither to use Destroyer or Vanquisher. I heard a decent stat build would be 2 STR - 3 DEF, But just want to make sure I don't go and **** up my stats.

Some suggestions would be much appreciated.!

Comments

• dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    FORGIVE CAPS, PLEASE. MECAHICAL ISSUES.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED VHHC BEFORE, TRY DESTROYER, 2 STR, 3 DEF, CERTAINLY.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A VANQ IN VHHC, DO IT INITIALLY WITH A SHOOTER OR A TRAPPER, NOT A WHACKER, AND KILL MOSTLY FROM OUT OF CONTACT. DESTROYERS HAVE A SIGNIFICANT BUILT-IN ARMOR ADVANTAGE THAT VANQS AND ALCHS CAN NEVER REALLY MAKE UP. FOR A SHOOTER, YOU CAN EITHER GO GLASS CANNON, 4 DEX - 1 DEF (WITH A LITTLE EARLY STR TO INCREASE ARMOR CHOICES), OR 3-2 OR 2-3. HOWEVER, RELY ON STAYING OUT OF REACH NO MATTER WHAT; VERY QUICKLY EVEN SOME APPARENTLY LOW-LEVEL MOBS (SKELETONS, VARKS) IN VHHC CAN CARVE YOU UP IF THEY CAN PENTEREATE YOUR ARMOR AT ALL.

ALWAYS MAINTAIN SOME SIGNIFICANT CROWD CONTROL ABILITIES, AT THE BEST LEVEL YOU CAN PUMP THEM TO. I'M NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH THE DESTROYER SKILLS IN THIS AREA, BUT STUFF LIKE PUMPED FIREBALLS, FROST (TO SLOW), WIND OF JUSTICE, EXPLODING SHOT, ETC, IS ESSENTIAL TO CLEAR OUT THE (DEADLY IN GROUPS) SMALL STUFF AND LET YOU MANEUVER FREELY VS THE BOSSES.

ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND RE-START A NUMBER OF TIMES.

DREAMRIDER
  • KxlluKxllu Posts: 72
    Haha, Well so far on My Level 29 Bow Vanquisher on Very Hard I've died about +20 Times, Thats mainly because I have a 4-1 Build, And have been very unlucky when it comes to finding better gear. Right now I seem to be getting absolutely owned by these Dark Zealots.! I'm definitely wanting to start a Defense focused class now though, Maybe even a 2-3 Pistol + Shield Vanq. And just to tempt fate I want to play on ****, But I'm kind of afraid about starting that game already though. I would just hate to get Crit on by a **** mob or something, But the idea of knowing for sure I have one shot sounds pretty sick. Just need to know exactly what I'm getting myself into before I go ahead and start this.

*Edit* Okay, So I started me a Sword + Shield Destroyer earlier and I got it to like Level 8, I'm following a 2-3 Build the entire way up I think. So far I'm hitting pretty weak, And I'm still getting hit pretty hard. Guess I'll have to pray I get some good gear really soon so I don't end up dying. Still could use some help on what Skills to use exactly..
    Can't help you the the details of approp. destroyer skills, but I can advise on the things to watch out for in HC:

-Dark Zealots
    -Dark Zealots
    -Dark Zealots (they have about 3 ways to kill you quickly from a distance; run from them, then attempt to draw them carefully one by one. Often your pet or other summons will -deal with the b***h while she is maneuvering for you; at least the grey girls are relatively fragile.
    -Anything that has a dash attack - Blood deciples, Goblinhounds, etc. Try to be where that charge attack won't hit you (behind pet?), or move just before they start it.
    -Casters that seem to be chanting, but not throwing anything at you - they have probably just conjured a Stabber or Skeleton in the bushes behind you.

And for Destroyers in particular:
    -Breathers. Dragonkin / Ember Mycons will do you quick if you have to get/ stay close to them. Used ranged attacks if you can (spells?), or slash n' dash if you HAVE to go close.

Build up you elemental resistances soon and as much as you can: Electrical to ward Dark Z's, Fire for Dragonkin, Poison for Mycons.

dreamrider
  • KxlluKxllu Posts: 72
    Well for my VHHC Destroyer I got to Lvl.14 and I used stampede into a huge group of the bright electrical mobs... And bye bye destroyer. Haha. I still want to play a Destroyer though so I made another just on VH no **** for me. I'm too impatient to re-roll again on **** after one char dies. Guess **** is just meant for some people. And as for my build I think I'm gonna go with a 3-2 build. Defense won't be as important in VH without **** on. Or am I wrong?
  • FuryFury Posts: 8
    Caps Lock attack!
    So I'm sure that you DID notice that the first line of my reply in this OVER YEAR OLD THREAD! was an apology for having mecanical problems with my keyboard, right? You did notice that just before you started jibing about caps lock, RIGHT?

Of course maybe you are a bot. In that case just malfunction and die.

dreamrider