Enhancement: Include +Armor enchants in up/down arrow rating

MaddogJediMaddogJedi Posts: 14
edited March 2012 in Support Discussions (Xbox)
When looking at my inventory I have noted that the up/down arrow for rating equipment against what is currently equipped only compares the armor value attribute. This can be misleading when the armor equipped or in inventory includes a +armor enchant. In such cases the up/down arrow can be incorrect. It seems like the up/down arrow should take into account the total armor rating of an item if that is the only attribute that is being evaluated for the better/worse assessment.

Comments

• SirLOLSirLOL Posts: 46
    Yes, I learned that some 'lesser' armor was actualy better. Do the math.
  • AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
    hows the system going to calculate what's better for your guy?
    it can't. so instead it just says the basic info for someone completely new to the game.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that whatever system they have in place in the sequel will be a lot better than the previous game. And really folks, let's not be so dismissive of this persons suggestion.There's nothing wrong with wanting more accurate info. I feel the same way, actually.

"hows the system going to calculate what's better for your guy?"
    It might involve a bit of coding, but i'm sure it's possible. Plenty of games do it.

"it can't. so instead it just says the basic info for someone completely new to the game."
    Again, not only is a system like the op mentioned possible, it actually makes things easier for someone new. The old system made it harder because it doesn't take all the various game mechanics into account and doesn't give you an accurate picture of what's really going on with your character. Runic obviously didn't have time to code something that complex into the game. They may do something like it in the sequel.
    ItfooQF.png