File size?

k4llu5k4llu5 Posts: 72
edited July 2011 in TL2 General Discussions
Being the game is gonna be about 3-4 times larger, I'm guessing the file size for download will be about 1.2-1.5 GB. Perhaps larger I don't know.

Comments

• hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    Is this an issue? I have probably 300 gigs still available, and 600 used....
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • k4llu5k4llu5 Posts: 72
    Good for u...
  • amb2010amb2010 Posts: 2,946
    What exactly would be the issue with that though? Most games now are around that 2-3gb mark and if you don't have room for it then someone needs to do some cleaning...

I got you beat hawkn with 1.5tb free and 500gb used :P Terabyte externals are ridiculously cheap now adays.
    luufx.png
    Disclaimer: Above berating does not apply to those with a brain (usually).
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Could be an issue of "I live in the country areas where there is no Broadband internet". Downloading 1 gb would take 50 hours or more at 5.6kbps.

Either it's Microsoft's compression for XBLA titles or Runic found a way to compress their files better, the 360 version of Torchlight is under 200mb.
    I was assuming the OP was implying they didn't have enough HDD space available. Which confused me, because most computers (even 5 or more years old) had 80+ gig HDDs. Freeing up 1-5 gigs doesn't seem too hard.

Maybe I'm spoiled with my connection speeds now, but even when TL 1 came out, I only had 150 kbps, but I managed.
    amb2010 wrote:
    What exactly would be the issue with that though? Most games now are around that 2-3gb mark and if you don't have room for it then someone needs to do some cleaning...

I got you beat hawkn with 1.5tb free and 500gb used :P Terabyte externals are ridiculously cheap now adays.
    I only use my 1TB external for backups of media, and OS backups. My HDD is 1TB too, but idk what I'm going to do with this PC, because of all the issues I've been having. It's highly probable though that replacing the generic RAM that came with the computer will fix my blue screens, and I'll never speak of this again.... But spending $50 on 4 gigs of replacement RAM isn't too appealing atm.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
  • turnipzturnipz Posts: 1,308
    Download a program called hw monitor, it may just be a heat issue that can be fixed with a can of compressed air or a leaf blower
    Ah I never thought about it being an internet problem. Buy the boxed version then? Pretty sure there's a boxed version... If it isn't available in your area then I don't know. Download it over night? That's just one of the flaws of downloading a game instead of getting a boxed version I suppose.
    luufx.png
  • MetroMetro Posts: 575
    Dial up is too fancy for me -- I use tin can and string internet.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    amb2010 wrote:
    Ah I never thought about it being an internet problem. Buy the boxed version then? Pretty sure there's a boxed version... If it isn't available in your area then I don't know. Download it over night? That's just one of the flaws of downloading a game instead of getting a boxed version I suppose.
    I would bet the boxed version will be sold over Amazon. TL1's boxed version was.
    It might also be sold online through places like Gamestop, since they stock TL1 on their shelves in-store.
    So even if it's not sold in his area, he could still just have it delivered.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • k4llu5k4llu5 Posts: 72
    I was just lookin for insight to what people thought the amount would be, not that it was an issue.
    At least 5 gigs would not surprise me.
    I7OBI.png
    Ah well then. I'll guess 3-4gb.
    luufx.png
    hawkn wrote:
    At least 5 gigs would not surprise me.
    In terms of installer size, it seems like they'd probably try to fit it onto 1 dvd for the boxed version, which would put it under 5.
    Uncompressed and installed, yeah, 5 GB or larger seems like a safe bet.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• pothbpothb Posts: 220
    1 dvd can fit more than 5 gigs, there are dual layered discs after all,
    That's true. I hadn't thought of that. I must've been thinking of the 4.7 GB limit (well, more like 4.3-ish limit) on standard consumer-level burnable DVDs.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Sigh. Because nobody used this meme yet on this thread.
    It's going to be.... OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kilobytes.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
    That's like 9 megs.
    I7OBI.png
  • turnipzturnipz Posts: 1,308
    Over 9 megs, sounds somewhat reasonable.
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Well I'm not wrong :]! (Seriously i know it's only 9megs. That's the point. It will be over 9 megs)
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    Torchlight wasnt even 500mb (around 840 on Steam). With the new game being four acts, each one about the same size as the first game, i'm gonna guess no more than two gigs..maybe three on steam, since they're probably gotten better at optimizing client size. I can't see it pushing four.
    ItfooQF.png
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭
    Ah, but how much of those resources can be reused in later acts? I'm going to place my guess... 1.4 Gigs.
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!