[TUTORIAL] Modify Torchlight Meshes with Blender

Comments

• CCCenturionCCCenturion Posts: 575
    edited December 2010
    Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Here's a picture of the Destroyer skeleton, imported directly from TorchED, looking the way it's suppose to:
    (and don't ask me what Bip01 is supposed to represent!)
    153bbki.jpg

And here's the XML code for the three highlighted bones:
    <bone id="35" name="root">
                <position x="-7.27596e-010" y="0.000284433" z="-3.42261e-009" />
                <rotation angle="1.5708">
                    <axis x="-1" y="-0" z="-0" />
                </rotation>
            </bone>
            <bone id="0" name="Bip01">
                <position x="7.27596e-010" y="-3.42261e-009" z="0.903251" />
                <rotation angle="1.57079">
                    <axis x="-0" y="-0" z="-1" />
                </rotation>
            </bone>
            <bone id="17" name="Bip01 Pelvis">
                <position x="0" y="0" z="0" />
                <rotation angle="2.09439">
                    <axis x="-0.57735" y="-0.577351" z="-0.57735" />
                </rotation>
            </bone>

So, to make these numbers more intelligible, we can round them to these values:
    BONE          POSITION    AXIS            ANGLE
    root          (0,0,0)     (-1, 0, 0)      pi/2
    Bip01         (0,0,0.9)   ( 0, 0,-1)      pi/2
    Bip01 Pelvis  (0,0,0)     (-sqrt(1/3),    2pi/3
                               -sqrt(1/3),
                               -sqrt(1/3))

The first two values sort of make sense to me, since they point the root and Bip01 bones at right angles in different directions, and the Bip01 bone is .9 units above the root when you load it in Blender. Then the Pelvis bone does start at the same point as Bip01, so that position of (0,0,0) makes sense. But then the Pelvis bone's axis and angle values are very confusing to me. The Axis points in the same direction as (-1, -1, -1), which from the mesh's perspective would be pointing forward, down, and to the right; the Angle translates to 120°. But the Pelvis points straight up, at a right angle from its parent, Bip01, and the Pelvis's child bone, Spine, also points straight up. So I really don't know what this axis and angle mean.

At this point my brain feels like burnt scrambled eggs. Things were starting to make sense to me until I ran into these rotation values for the pelvis bone; I just don't see how that translates into what we see on the screen. I'm going to take a break from trying to edit skeletons for a while and focus on meshes instead.

I've been doing some Ogre Tutorials lately; hopefully after I get more familiar with them I'll be able to come back and figure out what to do with these skeletons.
    Paladin Class: discussion thread, download page
    Shared Animations Library: discussion thread, download page
  • CCCenturionCCCenturion Posts: 575
    edited December 2010
    So I decided to take a break from playing with skeletons in Blender, and tried a different approach. I made a copy of the destroyer's model folder, and replaced the player.skeleton file with a copy of the Alchemist's skeleton. Then I imported them into Blender and spent way too much time adjusting the Destroyer mesh to fit on the Alchemist skeleton. I exported it, threw away the exported skeleton, and loaded the finished product into Torched. Oh, I also replaced the Destroyer's Idle animation with the Alchemists, since the Destroyer animations make the model look a little funky. (To fix the destroyer animations, I would have to copy the header from the Alchemist animation skeleton files, which lists the skeleton's bone structure, and paste it into each of the destroyer's animation skeleton files, and I'm not about to do all of that by hand!). Here's the result:
    21b0mbm.jpg

The arms don't connect in TorchED. (Also, it's not obvious from the picture but the fingers are stretched out a bit; I need to model the hands and forearms to fit the bones a little better.) When I reimported the mesh to Blender, all of the submeshes were stretched. The torso still connects to the head and feet, but the hands are left floating in mid-air. Simply moving the hands up won't solve the problem, since the new mesh is much taller than the skeleton, and I need to it look like the one I made (on the left in the picture below) in order for it to fit properly.
    5foy1y.jpg

So apparently the Ogre exporter isn't entirely trustworthy for meshes, either. I'm not sure how to deal with this problem. I suppose I could join all the submeshes together and export the file as a single submesh, but I don't know if the wardrobe meshes will work with it that way. Does anyone have an idea why this could be happening?

EDIT: Hmm... I just imported the Alchemist mesh alongside my Destroyer model, and he's a bit taller than my tall Destroyer. Maybe the Exporter is stretching my model out to fit the skeleton. I'll have to give this a try.

EDIT EDIT: Nope. Still not working. Stretched him out to be just as tall as the alchemist, and the arms are still disconnected. I'll just stick to working with the Alchemist model and skeleton from now on.
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    sure you can join the meshes
    wardrobes are linked to materials and materials are linked to specific vertices - in Blender it's represented by Vertex Group. It's a bit tricky to work with those (multiple materials per submesh), but some Blender tutorial should explain it well.. Even after you join the meshes, material to vertices assignment is kept, and as long as you will keep material names in tact (ending up with boots, shoulders, .. ) wardrobes will work just fine
  • Dusho wrote:
    sure you can join the meshes
    wardrobes are linked to materials and materials are linked to specific vertices - in Blender it's represented by Vertex Group. It's a bit tricky to work with those (multiple materials per submesh), but some Blender tutorial should explain it well.. Even after you join the meshes, material to vertices assignment is kept, and as long as you will keep material names in tact (ending up with boots, shoulders, .. ) wardrobes will work just fine

Nice -- I'll have to try that out. But what about wardrobes that have their own meshes? If I were to edit, say, the Vulture armor set to fit my new Destro model, would the game know what parts to change if he's only wearing a couple of pieces of the armor?
    Ye.. only the materials matter and their assignment to vertices.
    Say you have 3 triangles, first one is assigned to Vulture_boots, second to Vulture_chest, third to Vulture_shoulders. Whenever you equip in TL item that uses Vulture set and is of type boots, game renders vertices that are of material Vulture_boots, if you'll pickup Dragon boots, it will try to render whatever is from Dragon set mesh with material with 'boots' in it's name.. Eh.. hope it's understandable.
    You can always check travis's posts in Ogre forums, there are some nice posts regarding wardrobe system..
  • probably a bit of a necro here, but I reeaaaaaalllyyy can't get this to work and ive been bashing my head over this for more than 4 hours now.

ok, lets see here....
    * got all the downloads? check
    * use 32 bit versions? check
    * use blender 2.49b as most tutorials say I should do? check (also tried newer versions)
    * use Python 2.6 as most tutorials say I should do? check

ok. now for the steps.

1. install first python, then blender - check
    2. download and install OgreCommandLineTools, note : this install the OgreXmlConverter.exe too - uhh, there is no "install" available here, but ok, extracted to some folder.
    3a. download the blender import script "ogre_import.py" - done
    3b. edit the ogre_import.py file in line 71 (in old scipt was it in line 127) and let the script know where OgreXmlConverter.exe is installed
    for example : IMPORT_OGREXMLCONVERTER = "C:\\OgreCommandLineTools\\OgreXmlConverter.exe" - done like 5 times. (but does it really use two \\ instead of one \ ?)
    3c. save ogre_import.py and copy it to blender script folder, for example : C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts - uhh, "blender\*dot*blender\scripts" ??? O_o ill just use the "blender\scripts" folder. done
    4. unzip Pak.zip in your custom folder. you find Pak.zip in Torchlight install folder - custom folder? new folder of choice i guess. done
    5. in media\models\barrel you will find a barrel mesh, let us import this mesh to blender - mkay, lets do that...
    6. start blender, press X key to delete the cube, then click on file and import OGRE.mesh, now select the barrel.MESH. - aaand here i'm stuck. there is no "OGRE" selection in my import tab and ive tried several guides, with several different version and I just can't get the OGRE thingy to appear! what am I doing wrong?!
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    spectre900 wrote:
    probably a bit of a necro here, but I reeaaaaaalllyyy can't get this to work and ive been bashing my head over this for more than 4 hours now.

ok, lets see here....
    * got all the downloads? check
    * use 32 bit versions? check
    * use blender 2.49b as most tutorials say I should do? check (also tried newer versions)
    * use Python 2.6 as most tutorials say I should do? check

ok. now for the steps.

1. install first python, then blender - check
    2. download and install OgreCommandLineTools, note : this install the OgreXmlConverter.exe too - uhh, there is no "install" available here, but ok, extracted to some folder.
    3a. download the blender import script "ogre_import.py" - done
    3b. edit the ogre_import.py file in line 71 (in old scipt was it in line 127) and let the script know where OgreXmlConverter.exe is installed
    for example : IMPORT_OGREXMLCONVERTER = "C:\\OgreCommandLineTools\\OgreXmlConverter.exe" - done like 5 times. (but does it really use two \\ instead of one \ ?)
    3c. save ogre_import.py and copy it to blender script folder, for example : C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts - uhh, "blender\*dot*blender\scripts" ??? O_o ill just use the "blender\scripts" folder. done
    4. unzip Pak.zip in your custom folder. you find Pak.zip in Torchlight install folder - custom folder? new folder of choice i guess. done
    5. in media\models\barrel you will find a barrel mesh, let us import this mesh to blender - mkay, lets do that...
    6. start blender, press X key to delete the cube, then click on file and import OGRE.mesh, now select the barrel.MESH. - aaand here i'm stuck. there is no "OGRE" selection in my import tab and ive tried several guides, with several different version and I just can't get the OGRE thingy to appear! what am I doing wrong?!

1.Looks fine.
    2.Where ever is fine. As long as you can guide Blender to it.
    3a. Replace that script with this one from our good friend Dusho http://code.google.com/p/torchlight-to-blender/ Your Blender scripts folder should look like this.
    moddingfolder.jpg
    Look at the red boxes, those are the folders on my working system as well as the importTL.py file.
    3b. Just point importTL.py to wherever you have Ogrexmlconverter. Mine looks like this
    ogreXMLConverter = "C:\TLModding\OgreTools\OgreXmlConverter.exe -q"
    4. I never did this step, but it should be fine.
    5. Sounds good...
    6. Deleted the cube excellent. Now it should look like this.
    blenderimport.jpg

If this does not work, delete Blender folder and reinstall. Keep a copy of the importTL.py in case this happens. I had to do this one time before it installed correctly. I also installed newer versions of Blender, so make sure they are completely removed, folder and all.
  • ahh, now I see what was wrong!

think I never got the script to work cause I didn't have the "\Blender\.blender\scripts" folder cause I (using blender 2.49b) installed the user data files to application data (default option) instead of the installation directory. and the newer versions didn't seem to have those folders either and probably where located in application data too. no wonder I couldn't get it to work >.<

selecting to install user data to installation directory (and get the folders that i needed, where I needed them) seamed to solve the issue.

thank you very much for the help!
  • N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
    Hi, i ve been thinking on learning to use blender to mod TL weapons, but (first i never used blender, so yes, i should look into some beginner tutorials :p) i am in the same issue that spectre900.

Already done all the steps before the import part...

First, i installed the last version of Blender, and the scripts folder is divided into several folders, where i should put the export and import scripts?? i just tried in the main folder, but it didnt work, i tried into other folders and no luck. -This is the aspect of the scripts folder ->

clipboard02sw.jpg

By the way, any link to any BASIC tutorial for Blender?? and, before u say it.. yes i already visited all the tutorial links posted in other posts, and another ones, but i cant find anything about the very basics, like how to move the camera, how to move a model, how to navigate between the different windows... i know it seems stupid, but honestly, Blender is the most complicated 3d modelling program ive ever seen. I spent 30 minutes try to figure it out how to move a model or how to do basic stuff, with no luck.... :shock:
    Sure N3mes1s. Make sure you have installed 2.49b. Believe me, I tried all the others, as well as newer versions of python, but I had to uninstall it all. Delete the whole 2.61 folder and then install 2.49b. You should see what I am talking about. Also make sure that Python 2.6 is the one you are installing. As for modding guides, the ones I used most were all at Runicgamesfansite.com here:http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlight-modding-guides/
    Thx!, yup, it seems that the 2.49b is the one to use, i already got my barrel on Blender =), now i will continue to investigate. I will stay tunned on this thread. I only want to use Blender to "convert" the models for use in TL and fixing the textures, since i will use sketchup to model the weapons and vray to render the icons. I hope in a few days i can say i made a new weapon for TL :lol: .

Btw thx for the RCF tutorial links, i completely forgot about that.. :shock:
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    N3MES1S wrote:
    I only want to use Blender to "convert" the models for use in TL and fixing the textures, since i will use sketchup to model the weapons...
    Hi N3MESIS! Conversion between the various 3D modeling programs always seems to cause the most problems, so if you succeed in getting Sketchup models into Blender pls pls pls write about how you did it :D !
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Well the good news is i got the 2 handed axe sketchup model imported into blender as a Collada file type (since i dont have the pro version of sketchup and i cant export in .3ds, for example). The model is imported ok (see the image), without any vertex / triangle issues, but the problem comes when i want to assign textures using the uv windows. I am guiding myself reading the Dusho's manual, but that tutorial is focused for use with TL imported models, those models already have the texture map done, but when i want to do it the same way with a collada imported model, i am completely lost. I can of course see the uv map, but all the textures are mixed, and i dunno , for example how to assign a texture to a portion of the map, or just how to paint in the model with a texture to conform the texture map.

clipboard02kr.jpg

When i import the collada file, blender separates every texture i am using into a folder, and the main collada file outside.

So yes, u can make models on sketchup and export em as a collada file, then u can import a collada file into blender. But the issues are with textures..
    I dunno if i will have any problems to export as a ogre mesh file, but first i want to learn how to work with textures with an imported model that is not a TL ogre one.

Anyways, i have also 3d studio max 9, but since i didnt find any complete tutorial for 3d studio max (and i dunno if 3d studio max 9 can import collada files) i discarded it. It is possible that with 3d studio max 9 all these steps will become easier??
    Wow N3MESIS! Even with the problem on the textures, this is GREAT progress! Nice axe too :D
    How many polys is that? Looks like it might be a little high...

And there's lots of helpful people on these forums, so I'm sure that texture problem will only be temporary :P
    Torchmodders
  • N3MES1S wrote:
    I can of course see the uv map, but all the textures are mixed, and i dunno , for example how to assign a texture to a portion of the map, or just how to paint in the model with a texture to conform the texture map.
    I'm not really sure what you're asking. Are you trying to use multiple textures, but don't know how to set them up? or something entirely different?
    N3MES1S wrote:
    Anyways, i have also 3d studio max 9, but since i didnt find any complete tutorial for 3d studio max (and i dunno if 3d studio max 9 can import collada files) i discarded it. It is possible that with 3d studio max 9 all these steps will become easier??
    Max should be able to import collada files, *.obj files are also a good choice (when you don't need a skeleton) as they're pretty well supported. Which program is easier really comes down to preference, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of max users around at the moment.
    Phanjam wrote:
    How many polys is that? Looks like it might be a little high...
    5102... so yeah it's a little high. For weapons you should be aiming around the 200-250 mark.
    It's quite a nice looking axe though :)
    signature-small.png
    Well, believe me i tried to make the axe as simple as i could in sketchup lol, it took me less than 15 minutes to model that axe lol.. the problem is the cylinders and curves surfaces that sketchup splits into a lot of faces, so the final model have more pol. But 5000?? i really dunno how its possible that axe has so many.I dont see how it is possible that axe has 5000 ... i dunno its weird. I think the import part is not done entirely right...

SixshotOverdrive, wat i mean is, when u import a ogre file from torchlight folder, u can easily see without any problem the texture map in the uv editor, because the ogre format places the texture in 1 whole file, but when i import a collada model, since the texture estructure is different (as many other formats), when i go to the uv editor to see the texture map, i dont see anything or any delimiter, and everything seems to be messed up. I was thinking on just to import a model from TL and modify it, but i really wish i could make the models on sketchup since i have more experience there.

Anyways i was thinking on make the texturing part just in Blender (sad, but it seems its the only way), but i really dont know how lol.

EDIT.: Well, i was close to giving up on use sketchup models on blender,when i found a OGRE exporter for sketchup, at first, it seems that it works, but once i import the ogre converted file into blender i am in the same situation, i cant see the UV layout, so i cant assign texture to differentes parts of the model. It seems that the UV layout only works with native ogre imported models or wth???? Besides, i dunno why but the sketchup ogre exporter seems to join all the parts of the mesh in 1, so when i import the model into blender i cant select different parts, just the whole model.

Any tips on this (how to use the uv editor on models that ARE not TL native imported) will be VERY appreciated, also the part on the difficulties to import the model on various sub-meshes (like when u import a TL ogre model).
    Well, i just gave up on using external models, cuz it seems that when i export from sketchup to blender , the model appears with a large number of increased faces, even if the original model is very simple. The orignal model had about 80 faces, in blender it says "500 faces (or triangles or watever)".. that is the first problem.

Because of that, it is very difficult to work with the uv editor, since the uv editor shows A LOT of faces impossible to map.

So, i decided to work only with native TL imported models.

I imported a weapon, i modified it, and i exported it. All seems ok, i can see it on the TL mesh viewer -->

clipboard03ui.jpg

But when i start the game, and i activate the console, i write the name of the sword, i press enter and the game crashes. The log file says this -->

02:40:26: ParticleUniverse: Particle Extern Type 'Gravity' registered
    02:40:26: ParticleUniverse: Particle Extern Type 'SphereCollider' registered
    02:40:26: ParticleUniverse: Particle Extern Type 'BoxCollider' registered
    02:40:26: ParticleUniverse: Particle Extern Type 'Vortex' registered
    02:40:26: ParticleUniverse: Particle Behaviour Type 'Slave' registered
    02:40:26: Plugin successfully installed
    02:40:26: *-*-* OGRE Initialising
    02:40:26: *-*-* Version 1.6.4 (Shoggoth)
    02:40:26: Path for saving is ... C:/Users/N3MES1S/AppData/Roaming/Runic Games/Torchlight/SAVE
    02:40:26: Setting YRatio Init - 1.36719
    02:40:31: Unable to determin file type( Best Guess ASCII ). You need to save the file as unicode - recommend doing it in word pad.C:/USERS/N3MES1S/APPDATA/ROAMING/RUNIC GAMES/TORCHLIGHT/MODS/WOESCOMBINEDGEMMOD/mod.dat
    02:41:11: CreateViewports AspectRatio message - 1680 x 1050
    02:41:11: CreateViewports AspectRatio message AR - 1.6
    02:41:11: GAMEUI AspectRatio message - 1680 x 1050
    02:41:11: GAMEUI AspectRatio message AR - 1.6
    02:41:29: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.
    02:41:29: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.
    02:41:36: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.41] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 115)
    02:41:36: [Genericmodel] Error creating entity
    Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.41]

I am afraid is something with the mesh integrity / size or something, but of course i dont have any idea. I hope someone can give a light on this, cuz i start to think on giving up TL for good (waiting for TL2).

Is so frustrating when u think everything is allrigh and then u find these weird issues one after another... :shock:
    Hi again, the problem was that i was using a wrong version of the ogreconverter, i installed an older one and the problem solved ^^

clipboard04db.jpg

It is a test weapon (and yes is not the same as the other image, i just started from the beginning) , only until i learn enough to make better ones, and until i learn to map the modified model into the uv editor of blender to make original textures.

Now i got my weapon in the game, but i have some little issues,

First, i did the weapon marked it as a polearm unittype, cuz i dunno how to tell the game that it is a 2 handed sword, talking about the unittype,

Second, i want to add some particle effects to the weapon, specifically a fire one from the base of the weapon to the end, i read the guide from RCF, i followd the example but it doesnt work, the only thing i did was to change the smoke texture to a fire one, but there are no particle effects in-game.

Third, i want to make the weapon to have a burning effect on the target, but i dont know how, i just cant remember (already tried) the name of the burning effect on targets.

Well, i know i am talking to myself (nobody seem to read the forums lately) but if anyone has some advise or some examples, that will be very useful.
    This may not be very helpful, but I wanted to say AWESOME WORK N3MESIS! :D

I think using POLEARM unittype is the best you can do right now - I tried making a new 2-handed sword unittype for the Kriegsmesser mod and I never got it to work right :(
    Torchmodders
  • hey its me again.

ive been trying to make some edits to the Zealot mesh (from the Vindicator 1.6 mod) but I can't seem to export it with skeleton and animations. the model itself seams to load just fine, but crash the game when starting it. looking at it in the TL-mesh-viewer the textures and model looks fine but she is uhh... planking. =/

so I checked the converter log and found this line:
    OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource zealot2M.skeleton in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
    Unable to load skeleton zealot2M.skeleton for Mesh conversion. This Mesh will not be animated. You can ignore this message if you are using an offline tool.

any idea what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong?
    hmm, i cant help u with that spectre, but the guy i remember that some modders had very difficult times to export animations+exqueletons, almost in Blender, i am just learning how to export non-animated objets lol, so i am a bit far away from you -.-

Anyways, finally i successfully imported a model from sketchup into Blender, and exported into the game, so finally i can design the weapons in sketchup ^^ ->

(Yeah i know the sword itself is very basic but it is just a test :p)

clipboard05nc.jpg

I only need to learn how to apply attached effects (Any tutorial out there or some examples?? =) and some affixes and i am ready to go to desing a weapon pack :p
    I wish I could help spectre, but I have not worked on skins ever.

As to your question N3MES1S, I suggest opening up TorchED and using the UNIT editor. Create a new sword and link it to your sword mesh. Also try downloading this mod by Heron http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=197&act=down&actionhash=1328738588-c15cbb804b45474c974dd07876d70039b40e6ca7 and look at it's .dat file to see how he attaches the poison. I learned through this method, and it is actually pretty easy. Good Luck
    Thx Rusty, i cant download that mod u linked in the previous post, anyways istn that the Heron Sword pack?? cuz i already had it, but i dont see anywhere in the weapon dat files attached particles..

Yea i am using torched to create the particles, the problem is, i cant get the right size / orientation of the particles, and sometimes the mesh just dissapear... and i dont know why. I create the particle and the particle link layout file, and everything is ok and i get the particle in-game, but i really dunno wat to change to make it smaller and in the right direction..
    edited February 2012
    @N3MES1S
    There is a modding guide from AttackGorilla if you want to apply custom particle effect on weapon: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/showwi ... sland:3213
    Regarding direction of effect, there are actually several ways to achieve the correct one. Link between weapon and particle effect looks like this:
    Weapon (its own position and orientation)
    ....................+-> linked Particle Layout (its own position and orientation - BUT relative to weapon)
    .....................................+-> Particle effect (with its own position and orientation - BUT relative to particle layout)
    Orientation are defined by 3 vectors e.g. (-1,0,0) (0,-1,0) (0,0,1) -> this orientation should revert X and Y axis, but keep the Z axis. So in order to get particle effect correctly relative to weapon, you have to have both orientations and positions (particle layout and particle effect) correct. Just use orientations from AttackGorilla's guide...
    BTW. nice to see more modders doing new cool weapons !! keep it up, N3MES1S.

@spectre900
    Mesh files contain link to skeleton file within. I believe I made Blender importer script and TL mesh viewer in way to no freak out (and crash) if something is not present (though, you should get warning in Blender console). But ideally skeleton file linked in mesh (in your case zealot2M.skeleton) should be present in same folder as mesh file.
  • Dusho wrote:
    @N3MES1S
    @spectre900
    Mesh files contain link to skeleton file within. I believe I made Blender importer script and TL mesh viewer in way to no freak out (and crash) if something is not present (though, you should get warning in Blender console). But ideally skeleton file linked in mesh (in your case zealot2M.skeleton) should be present in same folder as mesh file.

the skeleton file is in the same folder so it should in theory work (I think).

well first i import the mesh file from the mod folder where all animation n stuff are stored.
    then I just make the nose longer to make it obvious if the export works or not.

one of the settings I use but have tried a couple of other combinations.
    B-export.png
    B-export2.png

after export I run the zealot2.mesh.xml trough the XML converter. only way that seams work and gets the file size right. the skeleton file is there so it should work but still get that error.
    B-exported.png
    B-exported2.png
    B-convert.png

after that I open it in the viewer, and the edited mesh loads and textures work but there is no animations. the image below got the original mesh file.
    B-meshview.png
    B-meshvieworig.png

I have tried using the OgreXMLconverter option while exporting but that makes all textures n stuff not work and the file size is only half of what it should be.
  • Dusho wrote:
    what script are you using to import .mesh into blender ? is it this one? http://code.google.com/p/torchlight-to-blender/ ?
    ya, I think that's the one.
    strange then...
    using this script it should import mesh and armature together with vertices weights for animation, then editing the mesh and exporting (just mesh), you should be able to use modified mesh with existing animations (.skeleton files). Ogre Exporter should be version where it sorts bones according to IDs, only then original animations can be used - but you're not even getting skeleton, so there must be wrong something else.
    You sure you have skeleton file in same folder as mesh when importing to blender?
  • this is the folder I use as the "import" folder.
    zealot2.mesh is the one I import, and red is the skeleton and all the things seems to be there when loaded.
    b-files.png
    B-loaded.png

even tried to copy the exported xml files to the that folder and then run them trough the XMLconverter. same thing.
    Hi, just to say i got the weapon working with effects, the problem was i was using X axis instead of Y axis, and everytime i changed the x axis i was modifying the y axis lol..

Other thing was , i was modifying the position values on the emitter, not in the layout link file :p, so it doesnt matter wat changes i do, nothing will change lol.

Anyways, here is my first almost 100% finished sword, it need a little more work on it, but that will come later. Thx for everyong for the tips.

clipboard06b.jpg

BTW, i noticed everytime i start the game, the sword just disappears in the character screen, then it works ok in-game and after that it shows ok in the character screen, any ideas on wats going on??

It has something to do with the Blender export options maybe??