Torchlight: XPS M140: Windows 7: What you need to play TL.

SirLOLSirLOL Posts: 46
After reinstalling torchlight for this particular laptop with windows upgraded to windows 7 you need to ensure have downloaded __________________ and that your drivers are installed correctly from this website:
(need solution, and will post once found, spent entire day researching, I am afraid I missed something, usualy obvious.)
Help.
SirL :oops: L

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
8-23-11 0804hs CT

It seems there is no fix, for this particular laptop, WITH windows 7, and there wont be according to Intel.com

Detailed Description
Windows 7* drivers are not available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:
•Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family
•Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
•Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
•Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
•Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
•Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
•Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
•Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
For more information, see the Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system FAQ.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
Intel® 810 Chipset Family
Intel® 815 Chipset Family
Intel® 82810 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82830M Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller Family
Intel® 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
Intel® 830 Chipset
Intel® 845 Chipset Family
Intel® 852/855 Chipset Family
Intel® 865 Chipset Family
Intel® 910 Express Chipset Family *** I was told this was mine, however no DL link is listed.***
Mobile Intel® 910GML Express Chipset
Mobile Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

Will Intel release newer XPDM drivers for older graphics controllers?
Intel has no plans to release new XPDM drivers for the following older Intel graphics controllers:

Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset family
Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset family
Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller

Comments

• SirLOLSirLOL Posts: 46
    With this computer, you CANNOT play torchlight untill Dell/intel release a driver specific for this computer regardless of card.

I spent hours on the phone/web/chat with microsoft, dell, adm, and intell and all confirm there is no fix.

do not install windows 7 on a laptop if you want to play torchlight.
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    I wish I could give you a better answer, but unless your card has at least 64 mb of ram and Direct3D support of some kind, Torchlight won't run on your machine. Unfortunately, neither was available according to your DxDiag report. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • SirLOLSirLOL Posts: 46
    Thats ok we are going back to xp, because it ran while we had xp. I was in much hope that there was at least one of you (anyone who uses this site) who had this particular model of pc. Because that there is the problem, not so much the graphics card, I was told. The compatibility was the issue between this computer, w7, and the lack or support from dell/intell because Microsoft did not inform the companies of requirements. Its either **** poor lazy programing, or criminal so others MUST buy a new pc. However no warning labels of compatibility are given on our box, i think...

Well its all going to be ok.

If I was just a little bit more educated, I could write my own fix.
    I did my best otherwise, and could pursue to the full measure, however I have better things do with my family, as I bet you understand full well.

Its not your fault (company) however it would be wise to warn users of the issue before they switch over to w7, because I can guarantee you there are others out there like myself, who aren’t so prudent or nice, and Brian, I know you don’t need to deal with those sorts anymore than you have to. We both know, they will come here and vent here as if it was our, erm your (company) fault.

There seems to be a lot of potential with your company, and I wish to endeavor till it even rivals EA and Bethesda, (don’t like those companies, Bethesda stole from me. ) I am willing to work and be a driving force till, if it must bulldoze those irresponsible companies to the dirt.

You company needs to keep customer service number one. The customer isn’t always right, however, good listening, and problem solution is number one.

Or should I say keeping good morals should be number one, because then customer service will fall into place automatically. NEVER COMPROMISE YOUR MORALS AND INTEGRITY, for in that day you will surely begin to rot.

Blah blah, peace out.