Question about Damage Calculator

zanzibanzanziban Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in Destroyer Discussions
Hi, I'm a newbie. I have some question about Damage in this game

First, The Factor that can increase damage of Titan Stomp(at lv.10) is a weopon DPS , Ice damge 131- 261 and 50%str*.
The Question is
1. is it 50% of str or 50% of malee damage?
2.If we equip the gear that increase percentage of ice elemental damage, does it cause damge of Titan stomp increase?
3.If we equip the gear that increase ice elemental damage, does it cause damge of Titan stomp increase?

Secound, Shadow Bow man and Martial Weapons Expertise are skill that increase damage
The Question is
Both of skills can ONLY increase damage of normal attack or They effect with another offensive skill such as Titan stomp , Stampede etc.?

Thank you

Comments

• dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Replies for the stuff I know about: (I'm mainly a Vanq player)

- the 50% or 100% add-on factor for an Attribute in a Skill damage calculation is taken from the Attribute itself, not the modified damage (...boy, I could wish it was the other way!). The calculated base Skill attack number does modified further by other factors, however, like Crit Strikes, Dual Wielding bonus (for some Skills), etc.

- Yes, if you equip something that increases a form of elemental damage in general, like a ring with +135 Ice Damage, it should add to any Ice Damage attack of any kind that your character produces. I tested this with Fireballs while carrying a Fire Dragonne rifle (+35% to fire damage) - made my level 1 fireballs pretty lethal.
    Same for the percentage elemental damage increases.

- Don't know about Shadow Bowman. Martial Weapons Expertise will only increase the damage from normal hits with the weapon, or from hits that are calc'd from the per hit damage. It will not improve Skills hits that are based on the weapon DPS.

dreamrider
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    shadow bowman increases its own damage not yours.martial weapons expertise benefits anything that says %weapon dps or %weapon damage
    dreamrider wrote:
    - Yes, if you equip something that increases a form of elemental damage in general, like a ring with +135 Ice Damage, it should add to any Ice Damage attack of any kind that your character produces. I tested this with Fireballs while carrying a Fire Dragonne rifle (+35% to fire damage) - made my level 1 fireballs pretty lethal.
    Same for the percentage elemental damage increases.
    %increase to elemental damage is fine but +135 ice damage dosent add to the ice damage of titan stomp i think