Does Flaming Sword count as an offensive spell?

AlightAlight Posts: 19
edited January 2012 in Alchemist Discussions
Considering I can upgrade my offensive spell level.

Comments

• OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    It's an Offensive Spell.
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • I believe any attack/summon/DoT spell in any game is an offensive spell.....
    2py3iq8.jpg
  • OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    Mindhack wrote:
    I believe any attack/summon/DoT spell in any game is an offensive spell.....

Unless the summon spells are for creatures such as skeletons and zombies, then they're considered Charm spells.
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
    sorry to jump off topic but there are definatley better spells you can use.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Oh, I don't know, Acrylik. Flaming sword is pretty cool if assigned to your pet. I just don't know if it gets all the bonuses it should when it's on the pet - it does certainly get the duration increase. I'm pretty sure it gets the Crit Chance improvement, but it does not seem to take advantage of avatar's Crit Strikes Skill, at least when assigned to the pet.

One thing that I love about Flaming Sword on the pet. If your avatar encounters a cursed sword guardian, the pet will ALWAYS immediately cast Flaming Sword if it can, and the two swords will duke it out...er...blade it out.

dreamrider
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    dreamrider wrote:
    Oh, I don't know, Acrylik. Flaming sword is pretty cool if assigned to your pet. I just don't know if it gets all the bonuses it should when it's on the pet - it does certainly get the duration increase. I'm pretty sure it gets the Crit Chance improvement, but it does not seem to take advantage of avatar's Crit Strikes Skill, at least when assigned to the pet.

so you're saying that it benefits from crit str. if u hav it on yourself? i dont think so....the flaming sword shows up in the combatlog as a character which means it has its own character sheet (invisible)
    it shudnt b any different from summons except that its considered an offensive spell
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    No, I was saying it does not seem to benefit from the avatar's Crit Strikes Skill. However, one of the benefits of Offensive Spell Mastery on this Spell is to increase the likelihood that the Sword will get Crits itself.

dreamrider
  • AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
    yeah i guess i never really tested it out to much.. was always using either heal all, summon zombies, frost or web for the pet..
  • PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    I've discovered the handiest spell combination for anyone's pet is 'Zombies' and 'Heal All' - that helps keep the little tyke in the game a bit longer. Or, as an alternative, if you're lucky to have access to an extra 'Blood Skeleton' spell, use it instead of 'Zombies'. In either case, it's best to max out a character's 'Charm Spell' skill - then summoned allies end up wrecking stuff left, right and center.

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    Perictione wrote:
    ......if you're lucky to have access to an extra 'Blood Skeleton' spell, use it instead of 'Zombies'. In either case, it's best to max out a character's 'Charm Spell' skill - then summoned allies end up wrecking stuff left, right and center.
    u sure? pet can have only 2 blood skels at a time i think
  • PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    zekrom wrote:
    u sure? pet can have only 2 blood skels at a time i think

Yes, that's correct, zekrom. The whole idea here is to have as many healthy allies on-screen at the same time as is possible, but I've found the player's pet takes a **** of a wallop along the way (and so spends a lot of time running about the screen uselessly). Alas, life steal isn't all that helpful for the pet, but a 'Heal All' spell in one of the pet's slot when combined with a 'Blood Skeleton' in the other appears to be a great balance for all, especially as the blood skeleton charges about the screen much faster than a pack of zombies.

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...