Pandemic Six (PVP)

AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
edited December 2012 in TL2 Guilds
Hey, so Pandemic Six is a guild specifically for players who want to duel.

Unlike in public games, here you can setup the rules, limitations and the setting.

You want to PVP with console modded characters? If someone else wants to then you're good to go.
Feel like staying vanilla? If your opponent wants to then so be it.
You setup the rules to the duel prior to the fight. Stick to them and have fun!

It's a new game, so i don't expect people to be pro PVPers right off the bat. Keeping that in mind, the requirement to join is that you WANT to PVP and have been relatively active on these forums or Webbstre's fan site.
I just want to see that you're a decent person.

The rules are also fairly simple.
-Don't be unsportsmanlike. If you win, if you lose- do not be unsportsmanlike. If i have to explain how to be unsportsmanlike too you than go ahead and back out now.
-If you see other people dueling in a way you don't like, fine. No one is telling you to like it, but no one wants to hear a big stink about why you hate it.
-Do not cause drama. Don't instigate or insult other members, don't talk about people behind their back and don't make mountains out of mole hills.

So if you're interested let me know! Private messages, letters in blood and carrier pigeons are all accepted.

The guilds website has been up for a while, BUT i'd rather use this forum for guild chatter and skype/steam. If there's a demand for it i can provide it tho.

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    -snip-
    ItfooQF.png
  • AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
    edited October 2012
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    -snip-
    ItfooQF.png
    edited October 2012
    that's actually hilarious that this bot bumped my thread a few hours before i decided to start working on the clan.
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    conniepei wrote:
    Pay more attention on daily life.One apple a day,let the doctor away.

What the **** is this thing advertising, this is even more goofy than the one that demanded to be welcomed.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    I'm certainly fond of PvP in most games, not tried it here, but I assume most of the PVP will be on softcore servers? I've mostly played HCE, and while I am actually masochistic enough to happily risk my character permanently in a PvP duel I doubt most other players would be willing to do so.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
    depends man. the idea is that you can setup how you want to duel with other people.

edit:

this it to anyone reading.
    in order to survive a few hits, your ballpark stats should be:
    10-20k hp (you don't need vit for this)
    50ish+ dr
    dodge, block and spellreflect all high or capped.

you don't HAVE to have these stats.. but if you don't want to die to everything you might want to consider them.
    (they're all possible in vanilla)
  • KodaKoda Posts: 83
    You can count me in. Account name = *Panax

I am a former legitimate & private duelist from Diablo II. I will be eager to pwn your wanna-be hammazon with my wanna-be melee sin/zerk baba. :mrgreen:
    right on man, we should exchange in game names thru messages.

usually its pet on passive, act 2 outside of town or act 3 in town, no health pots.

i go by a 1 enchant rule, if i stacked them my dps would go way to effing high.. it's up to you what you do.

when theres 3-4 people and the dr and hp is high u can take a hit or two and dodge/block some of it.
    Awesome, I have not gotten to high levels yet but will be working on getting there soon now that I know there is an end game.

I can agree to no pots, act 2 seems like a great idea, blood moor-esque, pets on passive for sure as a personal choice, I worry how this could be enforced but thats a whole 'nother league if you catch my drift ;)

By enchant, do you mean spell scrolls, or buffs? I would hope all skills would be allowed, spell scrolls... not so much and if that is what you mean I am ok with having 1 or zero spell scrolls.

What do you mean by the last comment, are you saying player vs player mods change based on how many people are in the area, similar to pvm? Or something else I am not catching?

Thanks looking forward to it :)
    Koda wrote:
    Awesome, I have not gotten to high levels yet but will be working on getting there soon now that I know there is an end game.

I can agree to no pots, act 2 seems like a great idea, blood moor-esque, pets on passive for sure as a personal choice, I worry how this could be enforced but thats a whole 'nother league if you catch my drift ;)

By enchant, do you mean spell scrolls, or buffs? I would hope all skills would be allowed, spell scrolls... not so much and if that is what you mean I am ok with having 1 or zero spell scrolls.

What do you mean by the last comment, are you saying player vs player mods change based on how many people are in the area, similar to pvm? Or something else I am not catching?

Thanks looking forward to it :)

ACT 2 has lots of broken buildings and stand off areas to camp and fight over. the pets just **** everything so we usually put them on passive. most people who see the duels are happy to follow them.

by enchant, my gear is very overpowered. im sitting somewhere at 1500 focus, so i've put a limit on my focus- 1 enchant per item. if you've got stacked gear it's up to you. use your spells man, everyone else does.

yeah we need an arena, a way to send pet to town forever and a way to set the players in area to 4-6 since the more players are nearbye the less damage everyone does. im hoping some modders will step up, if not i'll do it myself.
    There been much interest in low-level pvp? I think it's often interesting to see what people can do with lower level characters as well. I'm not saying a level 20 vs. 100, but 2 20's, both with great, gear, etc, seems like it could be interesting.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
    it depends on if anyone wants to do it or not.
    I would totally be down for low level dueling myself, but low level dueling is as much of an end game thing as high level dueling is, if not more so.

Thanks for the clarifications, I think I still need to play a bit more as my highest lvl is 58 or something and I have not started ng+ yet and only have a zerker & an outlander. Trust me though, the wait will be worth it, rally up the troops in the meantime. I am pretty much just using pvm as a way to learn the characters & skills and am constantly scanning for good potential pvp skills. Wolfstrike is NUTS! I can ttoally see a wolfstrike/ravage shield zerker giving most classes except for engi a run for their money.

Regarding damage & balance, I imagine those things will balance each other out as the game and players progress. Less damage sounds better for longer lasting fights however, and ok I am fine with spell scrolls, its not like they cost money to cast or anything. Kinda a shame about item enchants being so overpowered, but I am of the mind to not hold anything back as long as it does not hinder the enjoyment of the challenge. I suppose goldengun style with 1 hit pk can be a little annoying...
    My level 29 Embermage one-hit ko'ed a level 28 player earlier today, though the character in question had absolute **** for gear (my embermage hadn't been twinked via shared stash, but I know what gear is good better than most players seem to, that and I think a lot of players online don't grab everything, whereas I tend to progress slower, but grab every piece of loot and compare stats so wind up better equipped than most people's characters of the same level.
    Wq022Hq.png
    i have a lunatic on my friends list collecting green and white armor to put on a low level.

he's grabbing pieces that can fit limoany and reichliu's ahahah he'll probably have 10khp and 75% dr on a levl 10 or less.
    Acrylik wrote:
    i have a lunatic on my friends list collecting green and white armor to put on a low level.

he's grabbing pieces that can fit limoany and reichliu's ahahah he'll probably have 10khp and 75% dr on a levl 10 or less.

I used to do similar on MUDs, used to think it was funny to pkill level 50 players with my mega-twinked level 14 character.
    Wq022Hq.png
    hahah muds. oldschool gamer alert.

ive ran into a slight problem.. uhh retribution? the spell most people put on their pets.. yeah that **** will annihilate you if you hit them with it up. i think the damage just passes every check you have hahah

either that needs to be off their spell bar, which is silly because its great in pve or
    there needs to be a way to send your pet to town forever or something.. or imaginary pet but i dont think anyone wants to resort to that.

kinda lame.. i suppose you could edit the time it took your pet to go to town in the .dat/pak files.
    Ice shield is broken at level 10, it's gotta be 5 for duels or its duration modded for less.

nvm found some unique ways of beating the shield.. shattering glaives ftw.
  • early on in the release of tl2 i was messing with the console and spawned a few interesting map scrolls, these r developer scrolls that open a portal to a map that inaccessible in vanilla. i believe one of them was meant to be used as an Arena type area for duels.
    runicID:TASTYSHEEPS steamID:XNANOCHEFX -Feel free to add me c:
    i saw those. the qa arena one right?
  • Acrylik wrote:
    i saw those. the qa arena one right?
    i think so, small brownish room, i think i remember pipes similar to the ones used to unlock elemntal oasis but maybe they were just regular pipes lol.
    runicID:TASTYSHEEPS steamID:XNANOCHEFX -Feel free to add me c:
    i've got a stack of 99 of those things... i never opened them tho, but i'm going to now.

its just a bigass pit with some torches around.

it would be great if every spell in this game didn't heatseek like 3 screens away.. thats to bad, it needs to be something like act three or outside of act 2 in the broken houses.

when dueling in act 3 theres 2 places that give a significant advantage to the casters. behind the giant rock in the grassy area near the well for fishing, and behind the tent on the pathway to the waypoint.

however the waypoint path that leads to the rock cant overlook the entire area, doing so leaves you exposed to both the enchanter entrance and by being pulled from the rock by melee or from below. going down from the enchanter path lets melee attack and pull by the enchanters and melee can rush whatever side the caster isnt holding down.

for the rock the melee can hide in the tent passage to the south or come down from the waypoint path to try and pull or charge them. engineers can use that hammer attack to send fire around the rock and be protected and they can send fire behind the tents at the bottom as well if the caster runs there.

in act 2 theres a path on the west side that overlooks a basin. usually the caster chills there and tries to hold off both sides while melee can use the buildings to move up. they have to move past the basin tho so theyre exposed when theyre going around unless they go the long way, but the basin at the bottom can give certain classes an advantage if the caster up top has no spells to break spell reflect and the caster bellow has an aoe on target that they can hit them with..

idk the areas add some cool fights, but at the end of the day its still 1-3 shot.. its just when theres a map with advantages and the players have the right gear the duels can last a long time.
    just to bad the usual duelers quit torchlight. oh well.
  • Is DR really necessary in PvP?

The thing about DR is it's a percentage increase from a base value, as opposed to a percent reduction of all accrued damage in the calculation stage. The way I see it, competitively, this would give an advantage to certain classes, and end up limiting some classes into wasting their precious sockets to play catch-up and limit true choices in builds. It might be worthwhile during the early PvP testing to just instate Health Regeneration as the standard (every class has access to skills and scrolls that help with us, thus not making it a very vital necessity in builds that choose to skip over them for any reason). Who knows, I might just have different competitive ideals from everyone else, though.
    here's the thing.. outlanders have a self heal and they've got a built in spell reflect on a cd for 75%. their stonepact reflects damage and they have an offscreen attack that bypasses spell reflect with an aoe effect.
    they don't have any inherent DR and do need some powerful spell reflect gems, as well as a slow resist gem. due to this their hp is low from a lack of riechliu's and they're never truly invulnerable to projectiles.

now lets compare this to a berserker.
    they have no self heal, their hp must be stolen. their only offscreen attack is reflectable, and they're left with either a dot or a fairly close range aoe to bypass reflect-- excluding their melee attacks which i haven't tested.
    however, they have a 25% base damage reduction, and they can have a 100% spell reflect chance from a skill that lasts longer than a cooldown. they have MUCH more room for socketables as they only need a slow resist gem and need 5 less limoanys than an outlander. they also don't need any spell reflect gems if you choose to take iceshield 10.

you can compare the two and wonder to yourself if those are advantages and disadvantages... imo i like the limitations on the sockets based on class, it makes you make decisions.
  • taaqktaaqk Posts: 44
    I'm interested in doing some pvp, i've been loooking for some people to play with for a while and no one seems to want to do pvp, especially in the higher difficulties. I think it would be neat to utilize the arena mod that a person on the mod showcase uploaded that is available through the mapworks. I'm leveling a few different classes to get to 50 to be able to use this mod and would like to pvp against people who are using self found gear and non-duped gems but if anyone is interested in doing some high level pvp i have a 100 tundra zerker that is ready to go.

Add me if anyone is interested in pvping, i'll also level a toon with someone if they want to level a character to pvp with.

Runic:Taaqk
    Steam:Jdellen
    sorry man i kind of aborted torchlight pvp in favor of bloodline champions and halo 4.. might give it another whirl when i can mod some cool stuff in or find some mods.