Step by Step?

tonashdrahowtonashdrahow Posts: 2
edited December 2011 in Levels
Hi, I recently purchased Torchlight in order to fool around with the editor and create some custom levels.

I've finished my level design and it's ready to be used in the game proper, but I can't seem to figure out how to load it. I've searched the internet for days and the forums constantly, but I can't seem to locate how to actually play the custom level in single player outside the editor's game mode.

I'm no novice to modding, as I was a relatively active module builder with the original Neverwinter Nights, but to access custom mods there, all you had to do was follow the main menu options to access the new adventure in game. In TL, there does not appear to be any such option.
Am I missing something? Or do you have to download some external program or something to play custom maps etc.?

Comments

• ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    I've never done this myself, but there are a couple things I can mention that might help.

First, typically, if you want to load a level you made yourself you would hook up that level to a map scroll in some fashion, then either generate that scroll via the console, or buy it from the purple-haired elf lady who sells the map scrolls. That would be the standard way to play a custom level.

Again, I don't know the exact process of hooking up the level to the scroll item, but I would recommend looking at other map mods (such as the Aegis Maps) and seeing how they did this.
    Looking through an existing map mod is admittedly not as easy or as straightforward as a step-by-step tutorial, but it should help.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!