Help w/Surivability

MeroviusMerovius Posts: 27
edited January 2012 in Alchemist Discussions
Hey guys, been having a great time dungeon crawling so far but the last few levels have been difficult as Ive been getting my **** handed to me. It started off with some goblin stabbers near one shotting me but I was able to make it through those stages. More recently Ive been having trouble with Dark Zealots in the Black Palace. The Dragonkin are difficult if I try to go toe to toe with them but they can be kited rather easily. Im assuming the Dark Zealot damage is poison since its green and was wondering how much PR id need to mitigate enough to survive. The game has been fun but Ive been slowed to a snails pace and have been forced to carefully pull rooms one mob at a time. Its become a bit tedious. Hers a screen of my toon to answer any stat questions.

torchlight.png

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Merosig.jpg

Comments

• PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    Howdy, Merovius. Here's my take on Alchemists, and how to properly gird your loins for a trip through the Dark Palace - Don't do it!

*giggles*

Just teasin, ya'!

More to the point, it's been my experience that the Alchemist character is the least able-bodied adventurer, and so preparation is critical. Here's my suggestions:

Any given character build will reflect an individual's preferred play style, of course, but some builds will be more successful than others. That is, some players prefer their Alchemists to have as many many minions as possible (having a complete array of zombies, skeleton archers and blood skeletons alongside their pet, their imp and their two golems in addition to any charmed creatures they pick up along the way) while others simply keep the pet but maximize their use of offensive and combat skills. Whether you prefer a powerful coterie (my personal preference) or simply going toe-to-toe with the bad guys yourself, there are skills you should always use and others that are essentially useless though they may seem attractive. Let's turn to the skills, then...

Charm Mastery – [Passive – Lore Tree] . Dump as many points into this skill as early as you can to the maximum of 11. With spell use, we can drastically increase the effectiveness of summoned allies (Summoned skeletons, blood skeletons, zombies, archers, and any charmed creatures) - are all hugely helpful in the Dark Palace, and so this skill is essential to any Summoner.

Pet Mastery – [Passive – Lore Tree] Increases the damage and armor of all minions and your pet, as well as reduces the travel time of your pet when sent back to town to sell items. Again, another absolute must. Anything that increases the Alchemist's golems' and pet's damage and armor is essential, and this is no different. It's especially attractive because it's a passive ability.

Burning Bind – [Active – Lore Tree] Another must have as it enrages your minions and pet, resulting in increased damage and attack speed. When maxed, it applies a buff, increasing physical and elemental damage output by 140%, and 20% faster attacks for 30-odd seconds, effectively dropping bad guys everywhere with one shot. This is another essential skill, if not your primary active skill. It's what makes Alchemists the ideal summoners, and is the single most useful skill for the Alchemist who occassionally goes toe-to-toe with opponents.

As for all the other skills, one point in each is sufficient - you can max them out later as you see fit. The essential thing to keep in mind is to let your pet and any minions do all the dirty work, while you standby and keep an eye on things like a proper rear echelon officer should.

As for characteristics, split your points evenly between magic and defense, and keep an eye open for items that offer resistance against elemental damage. This is especially important as you're more likely to experience Area of Effect damages in the Dark Palace as your minions are likely to take on the burden of melee combat.

I'd highly recommend you read through this thread too: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8723 as there's excellent advice throughout.

Other than that, keep plugging away, Merovius... you'll eventually triumph!

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    Perictione wrote:
    Howdy, Merovius. Here's my take on Alchemists, and how to properly gird your loins for a trip through the Dark Palace - Don't do it!

*giggles*

Just teasin, ya'!
    *laughs*
    Perictione wrote:
    More to the point, it's been my experience that the Alchemist character is the least able-bodied adventurer, and so preparation is critical. Here's my suggestions:

Any given character build will reflect an individual's preferred play style, of course, but some builds will be more successful than others. That is, some players prefer their Alchemists to have as many many minions as possible (having a complete array of zombies, skeleton archers and blood skeletons alongside their pet, their imp and their two golems in addition to any charmed creatures they pick up along the way) while others simply keep the pet but maximize their use of offensive and combat skills. Whether you prefer a powerful coterie (my personal preference) or simply going toe-to-toe with the bad guys yourself, there are skills you should always use and others that are essentially useless though they may seem attractive.

i couldnt agree more with perictione. As for the classes, all of them start with minor variations but the destroyer gains more hp as he progresses and there is not much difference between vanquisher and alchemist. The main difference comes with skills. Destroyer has a lot of survival skills.
    As u didnt mention any "play style", im assuming u r ok with anything. So yes, summoner build does a LOT(and i mean a lot)more damage than any other build for ALL classes(not only for alchemist)
    Perictione wrote:
    Pet Mastery – [Passive – Lore Tree] Increases the damage and armor of all minions and your pet, as well as reduces the travel time of your pet when sent back to town to sell items. Again, another absolute must. Anything that increases the Alchemist's golems' and pet's damage and armor is essential, and this is no different. It's especially attractive because it's a passive ability.

there is a problem here. pet mastery does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for beam golem and zombies V and VI. Most likely a bug. Same goes for gear. And same goes for ANYTHING with +% pet and minion damage. so either u hav to mod stuff or i suggest not to use beam golem and zombies V and VI.
    pet mastery works fine with every other minion.
    Perictione wrote:
    Burning Bind – [Active – Lore Tree] Another must have as it enrages your minions and pet, resulting in increased damage and attack speed. When maxed, it applies a buff, increasing physical and elemental damage output by 140%, and 20% faster attacks for 30-odd seconds, effectively dropping bad guys everywhere with one shot. This is another essential skill, if not your primary active skill. It's what makes Alchemists the ideal summoners, and is the single most useful skill for the Alchemist who occassionally goes toe-to-toe with opponents.

burning bind works fine. im skipping the explanation for why BB works and not pet mastery as its a "little" complicated.
    i dont know if anyone else noticed this but spectral decay can increase minions damage more than burning bind. So destroyer is also ideal summoner :lol:
    Perictione wrote:
    As for all the other skills, one point in each is sufficient - you can max them out later as you see fit. The essential thing to keep in mind is to let your pet and any minions do all the dirty work, while you standby and keep an eye on things like a proper rear echelon officer should.

As for characteristics, split your points evenly between magic and defense, and keep an eye open for items that offer resistance against elemental damage. This is especially important as you're more likely to experience Area of Effect damages in the Dark Palace as your minions are likely to take on the burden of melee combat.

I'd highly recommend you read through this thread too: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8723 as there's excellent advice throughout.

i have no idea who or what a rear echelon officer is, but the statement sounds right. :lol:
    Uhgii's guide is awesome 8-)
    Black's idea of stat distribution(really good)->put most in defense. u dont need any other, not even magic as the damage u do is nothing compared to what your minions do.
    save some points here and there to equip any unique gear u find. I never thought of this meself :cry:

well...thats it i guess
  • Thanks for the feedback guys Ill look into these options. The majority of my points have been spent in Arcane and I was cutting through enemies like a hot knife through butter until now. I may buy some maps in town and grind out another few levels to get some more points to spend.

Is there a level cap in TL?
    Merosig.jpg
    yeah level caps at 100. fame at 55.
    if u r planning to play on until 100 nothing in arcane will deal noticeable damage in very hard difficulty. u dint mention difficulty.....

and...i just noticed u put a point in ember sentry. let it stay that way!!!! dont put anymore. theres a bug in ember sentry too. no difference between sentry 1 and sentry 10 except summon duration(which is totally useless). *hope i dint tell this too late*
  • PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    Merovius wrote:
    Is there a level cap in TL?

Yep. 100. But I usually start things all over again once I've reached 50th level.

- P.

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...

:lol: :lol:

its actually worth considering-if zombies r alredy dead how can they be killed? :lol: