Attention Embies:Re Guildportal

ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in TL2 Guilds
Apparently, because it's a free page, the forum is limited to thirty topics.

That's it.

For the whole forum. The only way anyone can post now is if I go back and delete all the posts on the forum to make room for new ones.

I'll be totally honest, I'm not really comfortable with asking people for donations. I started the guild because I felt it was the one way I could do something cool to help others and bring people together but if it's going to turn into yet another situation where I end up having to ask people for help...I've needed people to care for me for the last four years, I don't really want my internet life to just end up being like my real life, always needing help.

I've been feeling really overwhelmed by this whole guild thing. I really didn't know I was going to have so many people join and part of the reason i've been so stressed lately is because i'm panicking. I'm used to having a few friends and being antisocial. Now i've got close to 70 people in the guild.

Tbh I don't know if I can do it. I'm sorry. I feel like i'm letting everyone around me down...again...and it's all I can do to not crawl into a hole.

I'm sorry v.v
ItfooQF.png

Comments

• PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    Zidders et al.:

I think you're stressing yourself out about very little: the guild you've set up has identified itself a casual guild, with its aim at promoting and supporting casual, legit and vanilla gameplay. I think your membership gets this, and if some seem really keen on organizing something that's a bit more involved, don;t be afraid to delegate, all the while remaining supportive of what ideas fall into the original precepts of the EAC.

Also, regarding the Guild Forum, I'd suggest you drop a line to Brian and Jedi, and ask if it would be possible to restrict posts to active topics: any thread that's not updated meaningfully every 30 days is automatically dropped (unless it's a sticky that serves all topics over time).

I think, my dear, you'll be saving yourself a lot of unnecessary stress by acting rather than reacting to groundless worries :)

(<mischievously> and speaking of topic-restricted forums... I'm still holding out for the debut of RGF's Perictione Channel! All Perictione, all the time! Yeehawwww! :lol: )

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...
  • Hit me up steam tonight. This is not a problem.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Don't worry about it Z. Remember, we are casual. I am not going to cry because I had an important youtube video to post and can't. No prob.
  • you don't have to worry about it, if the forum is full, the member still can talk in groups, by Steam, and if not, people still can make their own posts, topics in one topic like:
    "New members": post here your intro, and problem solved ^^ we don't need to open a new topic for every new member's intro, we just can post it to 1 topic in case. you are the leader of the guild, your guild still know you are a good man :D its a nice community you made, thanks, hope for the bests, we all glad to be here
  • I can hook us up with a subdomain and forum software. I carry a vbulletin license, so forums are not an issue. If you want to pay to have a domain point we can do that too. Don't fret my guildies.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Perictione wrote:

I think you're stressing yourself out about very little: the guild you've set up has identified itself a casual guild, with its aim at promoting and supporting casual, legit and vanilla gameplay. I think your membership gets this, and if some seem really keen on organizing something that's a bit more involved, don;t be afraid to delegate, all the while remaining supportive of what ideas fall into the original precepts of the EAC.

Grrrr logicc *grumble* common sense *gripegripe*
    Yeah, I know :3
    ItfooQF.png
  • PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    Zidders:

<with a cheerful smile> You'll be foine! As right as rain, and twice as shiny ;)

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...
  • PawsPaws Posts: 1,933
    If you need a quick fix, combine together all the intro threads into a single archive.
    PAWS.png
    Reviews and Journalism, RPGamer.com
    Zidders wrote:
    Fyi. Paws isn't a madam. She's a total PIMP.
    /swag
  • BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    automated wrote:
    Hit me up steam tonight. This is not a problem.

Automated has hinted at being able to help us out with setting up more permanent forums. This isn't a big deal. Automated, hook us up! :D

PS: Peri, you better be joining our little play group! :P
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide