[WEAPONS]Melee Pack

N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
edited April 2016 in Mod Showcase
Version 1.0 (10/04/2012) (i think i can already go for the 1.0 -.-).

Hi guys, i present my first mod, a melee weapons pack. The mod includes (from left to right):

foto1jo.png
tigerhammer.png

- The Ravenous Sword, 1 handed sword with a little fire addition to the final damage.
- The Killing Hatchets, very weak 1 handed axe with poison damage, but with very high critical chance.
- The Energon Axe And the Ancient Shield;
Energon Axe -> Very strong 1 handed axe, designed for multiple purposes. It has fire and electric added damage. Its relative slow and requires a lot of strength (specially on higher levels). - Heavy mana steal / Hp adder / + movement speed bonus / electric defense and fire defense bonus
Ancient Shield -> Tired of those useless shields? finally u can equip a real useful shield, it provides very strong armour protection, damage deflection, knockback resistance and high defense attribute bonus. Be aware of the negative bonuses: Movement and attack speed. High strength and defense requirements.
Grand Shield of the Ancients (Unique)-> A legendary shield with the same advantajes of the Ancient shield, but plus electric,poison,ice and fire resistances. It also comes with strong negative movement and attack speed. Level 18+
The Last Addition -> The Tiger Hammer, great 1 handed hammer with awesome knockback, extra xp gain (increased in the magic versions), extra electrical damage.

foto2ts.png

- The Battleth, 2 handed melee devastator with unique interrupt chance.
- The Mettleth, 2 handed melee devastator even with greater interrupt chance.
- The Sword Of Khaless (Unique), the definitive 2 handed melee weapon -> Superb interrupt chance, degrade armour, knockback, critical damage bonus, melee damage bonus, interrupt resistance, knockback resistance. Level 10+

foto3n.png

- The Omen series (Unique) -> Great 2 handed sword, relative slow. Level 20+
The Omen Electric Blade; Mid physical damage, high electric damage, electric damage bonus, shock percent chance, life steal, degrade armour, crit chance bonus, critical damage bonus, knockback.
The Omen Fire Blade; Mid physical damage, high fire damage, fire damage bonus, burning percent chance, life steal, degrade armour, crit chance bonus, critical damage bonus, knockback.
The Omen Ice Blade; Mid physical damage, high ice damage, ice damage bonus, freeze percent chance, life steal, degrade armour, crit chance bonus, critical damage bonus, knockback.
The Omen Poison Blade; Mid physical damage, high poison damage, poison damage bonus, poison percent chance, life steal, degrade armour, crit chance bonus, critical damage bonus, knockback.

foto4f.png

- The Obsidian Sword, 2 handed pure lightning damage sword. High strength requirements.
- The Scythe, 2 handed axed sword, with high strength requirements. HP Regeneration / Life Steal / 30% chande flee target. Be aware the Scythe has a negative mana bonus.
- The Giant Dark Slicer, 2 handed tremendous weapon, very slow, but very powerful with high physical damage. It requires very high strength requirements specially on higher levels. Plus its high physical damage, the giant slicer has high knockback and critical chance bonuses.
- The Giant Slicer Of Titans, as its name says, this powerful Slicer its maybe designed to fight against titans, incredible physical damage, critical chance bonus, great knockback, high degrade armour, chance to flee target, strength attribute bonus, attack speed bonus, ice damage bonus.

Since its hard to achieve some requirements at some specific moments of the game, i inlcuded the Milkshake's Stat Potions mod that i recommend to use for the purpose =)

http://www.mediafire.com/?d54ps6d4ssat6dj

Comments

• OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    Nice work for your first mod, NEMESIS! I'm currently playing a different game (Sacred 2) but I still like popping into the forum once in awhile to see what you guys are up to.

Anyway, I like the Sword of Omens series (Thundercats/one of my favorite sword designs), and the Klingon weapons as well.

Keep up the good work!
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Nice work on this!! Awesome stuff, and that is quite the weapon pack. The Klingon weapons look like they should belong in TL2..other than the copyright etc..
  • holy mother of ****! so this is what you up to. haha these are sweet melee weapons! i love em, esp. the klingon weapons XD keep it up nemesis! :3
    animatednewonelightning.gif
    Crossfire PH player
    IGN: bL1m3Y
  • N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
    Thx, i keep working on it, already made another melee weapon, the killing hatchet, a very low damage poisoning weapon, but with high speed and +26 critical chance. Reworked a bit the textures and the balance, i guess i will update the link soon =)

About the klingon weapons, i am testing the Mettleth scale because it is too big the way it is (it has the perfect size, but it is so big that half of the weapon goes underground...). This is most noticeable with characters like the destroyer, who handle the weapon in a lower angle that for example, the vanquisher model.
  • Nice work, those klingon weapons are fantastic.
    signature-small.png
    Well, i was going to update the first link, with some fixes and 2 more weapons, but i encountered a problem trying to use custom sounds.

I just cant get the game to work with custom sounds, i dunno if its even possible to use custom sounds?? i looked into one of the mods i have installed that uses custom sounds, and i didnt find anything weird, i did the same but i cant get the sounds working.

Any ideas? The game doesnt crash or anything, u just cant hear the attack sound in-game.
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
    Love the Klingon weapons! Today is a good day to die. ;)
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
    Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.
  • I saw your Mettleth and thought you meant Mek'leth, which is a sword-like Klingon weapon... was going to say you did it wrong, but I see your Mettleth is just an Klingon-inspired weapon.

Very neat though :)
    Runic Games Webmaster
    Forum Rules | Support Forums | E-mail Support
  • BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    **** like x 1000! Great work on these weapons! The mettleh (or however you spell/say it) is by far my favorite. Downloading!
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide
    I saw your Mettleth and thought you meant Mek'leth, which is a sword-like Klingon weapon... was going to say you did it wrong, but I see your Mettleth is just an Klingon-inspired weapon.

Very neat though :)

=) I just remembered the name, that it was something about "mettleth or matleth or something" lol, and i decided to include it as a new bat'tleth style weapon cuz i really didnt remember wat weapon was actually. I think the Mek'leth is a bit simple to make, but lets see wat i can do :p

Anyways, it seems that the game likes the scale of the mettleth and i cant get it smaller :p, event with the value "SCALE:", so i decided to re-scale the model in sketchup and import it againt to tl. Maybe i will improve the textures a bit, i will see wat i can do, since the final aspect doesnt make me convinced at all. I am still trying to learn how to unwrap more complex models in blender(unfortunately the imported models from sketchup comes with a lot more triangles) so i can use real textures (along all the model, not only in plain sight).

I still need help with the custom sounds, i cant get any .wav to work in-game :p i dunno if i need to do something special, or the sound files must have any special characteristic, any tip on this will be very welcome (in the meantime i just using original in-game sounds).

Already made another weapon, the "Energon Axe", it is a very strong 1 handed weapon, almost the same power as a 2 handed sword/axe, of course it is slow, it is big, and it comes with mana steal effect, +total hp percent affix, electric and fire resistance. It does physical, fire and electric damage. Even if it is a very strong 1 handed axe, and u can even have 2 of em, giving you great HP ammount and almost neverending mana, it requires a lot of strenght, almost the same as the giant slicer, it requires also a bit of magic as well. So if u want to use these axes, u will need to think very well where u put your stats.

I hope i will post the update soon, im afraid tomorrow and maybe the next couple of days i am going to be away from my house (in fact i will be faar faar from my house :p).
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    Really beautiful weapons pack N3MESIS! I've downloaded and will use them :)

On the custom sounds, I think I used a custom sound when I made the Kriegsmesser swords, so I will look into that and let you know...
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    nice work, N3MESIS.
    Models look too high poly, though. Would kill the game if weapon could be equipped by any monster I guess..
    Keep it up..
    Dusho wrote:
    nice work, N3MESIS.
    Models look too high poly, though. Would kill the game if weapon could be equipped by any monster I guess..
    Keep it up..

Yeah, but since i know thats not possible (almost in TL 1) (or it is with some crazy mod i guess) i didnt worry too much on make the models a bit too high complex, but they arent, the problem is that when i export from sketchup to ogre, su creates (or the exporter itself, i dunno) a lot of triangles, so the only way to avoid that is to make only models with polygonal faces and not curved, and well, in some cases like the battleth and mettleth thats a bit hard, cuz the blades need to be curved...
    Hi guys, i updated the pack with more weapons, some balance fixes and some little changes here and there

The Killing Hatchet ->

killinghatchet.jpg

The Energon Axe ->

energonaxe.jpg

Another Unique version of the Giant Slicer, the Giant Slicer Of Titans ->

giantsliceroftitans.jpg

And the glory of the empire, the Sword Of Khaless ^^ ->

swordofkhaless.jpg

And still working on more ... but i guess i will wait to fully test all of the weapons, a little feedback will be very appreciated =)

No need to say, its necessary to remove all the old weapons before u use the new ones ._.

The final size is big, but thats because i used a lot glow textures and the icon imagesets are divided for every weapon (instead all in one png file). Plus, i dunno how to use the same mesh but with different texture (or if thats even possible) without the need to copy the model again to another folder for the new weapon.
  • RMUKRMUK Posts: 147
    Awesome! :o Those Energon axes are pretty **** brutal looking :lol: Grabbed this pack straight away, cheers Nemesis!
    Downloaded the awesomeness!!! Thanks so much N3MESIS :D
    Lvw5p3z.png
    RMUK wrote:
    Awesome! :o Those Energon axes are pretty **** brutal looking :lol: Grabbed this pack straight away, cheers Nemesis!

Yeah, i dunno why but i prefer more brutal looking weapons.. the Energon Axe is a brutal 1 handed weapon, but requires a lot of strength (and some magic). I didnt say anything about it, but i have the more stat points and fame mod installed and the stat potion mod installed, so when i tested the weapons, the strength required should be even lower, but since i am too lazy to uninstall the stat potion and the morestatpoints and fame mods, i tried to lower the strength requirements to more reasonable values, but still they are very high. The giant slicer on higher levels is almos unusable lol, only if u invest almost all the stat points in strength. Still i need more versions of higher levels , but i guess that will be in the final update (i will add another 2 or 3 more weapons and thats it.. :p).
  • RMUKRMUK Posts: 147
    Lol, I know what you mean man! I can't even test items legitimately nowadays since my Torchlight installation is beyond screwed up! I've got tons of mods made by other people installed, not to mention a **** load of my own stuff, and it's mostly abandoned / half finished! I've got broken spawnclasses, models I imported wrongly that I haven't bothered deleting / fixing. Horribly modelled "monsters" I made (must have been drunk at the time?!?) that look completely terrible and pathetic as they "slide" around the ground causing crashes... Missing textures, **** on my destroyer, trees spawning upside down from the sky, particle layouts everywhere.... Yeah, might be time to clear out the old mods folder... It's starting to feel like an acid trip every time I play TL... ****. :lol:

What are your choices of tools for texturing and modelling btw Nemesis?
    Hmm, i noticed after i cleared all the adm files, and i run again the game, the particles are not showing up....and the first time they spawn make the game crashs (again sigh..), the second time they spawn, the game does not crash but the particles are still not showing up.. so i need to investigate why.. (maybe i need to remove the old id values?). I am a bit tired of this... :(

Yeah i have tons of mods installed as well, i cleaned up some of em, but still i have almost all TL changed lol. Not to mention i have the merchant mod as well, and some elite pets i created for my personal use (that its probably i will share in a few days too i guess) and other stuff, making weapon mods sometimes only indicated for personal use lol.
    OK, first, i forgot to include 1 texture, so the particle effect of the energon axe was messed up. I updated the link in the first post. Anyways, i cant get the particles to show up in the case of the energon axe, i am still trying to figure it out. I am afraid i need to redone again the particles through torched???? if is this the case, everytime i do a cache clear i will need to re-done again all the particles??? must be something we can do about it...

But still, everytime a weapon with particles attached spawns for the first time (energon axe, omen blades, sword of khaless) the game crashes. I dunno how to solve this, since i didnt find any solution or lead to this issue. I am afraid that if i cant figure it out how to make a weapon mod with attached particles without all these problems, i will stop modding for TL and maybe wait to TL2, maybe hoping all these non-sense issues goes away :p

I noticed the particles are compiled in real-time, i mean, a particle file is not compiled until the first weapon spawns, so maybe the only way is to make the game compile all the particles before that????? i dunno...
    Ok, haha, sorry for the triple post, i think i know wat happened.

In the first place, i forgot to include 1 texture, and i was testing the mod from the beginning, so the particle was not showing up, i didnt know wat happened, so i delete the id numbers. But i forgot u CANT delete the id numbers of the particles, since they are core attached to the linkparticle file. So, now i need to re-make the energon axe particle (i deleted the old backup copy lol... siet) so i will update the link again once i do that and i have the mod working again.

EDIT: Thats it, i replaced the link on the first post. But as i said, i cant figure it out why the weapons crashes the game the first time they are compiled.
    Hi N3MESIS! In another thread you asked arkham about custom sounds because your weapons were having trouble with that.

But I tried a Ravenous Sword last night with fire damage and the sound was working fine - like a crackling-hissing fire sound.
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Phanjam wrote:
    Hi N3MESIS! In another thread you asked arkham about custom sounds because your weapons were having trouble with that.

But I tried a Ravenous Sword last night with fire damage and the sound was working fine - like a crackling-hissing fire sound.

That sound is from the original game :p, it isnt a custom sound (if u notice i dont have any sounds folder). Everytime i want to use a custom sound (with the custom sounds folder etc etc) TL ignores me and u cant hear anything in-game.
    Okay what I know is, if you want to use custom sounds, you have to first define them inside a [SOUNDDATA] .dat file.

When I get home from work later, I'll copy-paste some of my custom sound .dat files here...
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Well, the Kriegsmesser mod is also using an existing game sound, so maybe that's why I didn't have problems with the weapon sound.

I also remember I was trying to make an Imperial Blaster for the Jedi mod and that was using a custom sound of course. And yes I COULD NOT get it to play :( !

So I don't know if an example of a custom sound definition is still helpful for you, but here it is just in case...
    This is a sample sound definition for one of the custom sounds in the Valkyrie2 mod. It works fine, but then again, it's NOT being used for a weapon sound...
    [SOUNDDATA]
    [SOUND]
    	<STRING>CATEGORY:ValkyrieVoice
    	<STRING>NAME:ValkWhirl
    	<BOOL>LOOPS:0
    	<FLOAT>VOLUME:0.8
    	<FLOAT>VOLUMEVARIATION:0
    	<FLOAT>FREQUENCYVARIATION:0
    	<FLOAT>RADIUS:0
    	<INTEGER64>GUID:-2234326598770912134
    	[FILES]
    		<STRING>FILE:media/sounds/skill/whirlwind.wav
    	[/FILES]
    [/SOUND]
    [/SOUNDDATA]

Then, depending on where/how it is used, you just reference either the [NAME] or the [GUID] to play the sound...
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Thanks Phanjam, but i already know about the structure of a custom sound, in fact i just copied the structure from the awesome chainsword massacre mod, i did exactly the same but of course using my custom sound, i checked it a thousand of times but i didnt notice any mistake or something else, the sounds just didnt play for some reason. Thats the reason i was asking about the format of the sound file, cuz maybe it needs to have an specific hz frecuency, a specific duration or something else, and thats the reason it doesnt work. But i did a test using exactly the same sound as the one of the included in the chainsword massacre mod, and still it wont play!!!. So at this point i am lost in this issue, as i checked a thousand of times the dat files, folders, structure of the [SOUNDATA], etc I asked Arkham about this, and he asked me if i was using torched to link the sounds or just a text editor. It seems that the problem is , torched is necessary to make custom sounds to work (like torched is necessary to make attached particles to work).

So, in the end, torched is more important than i thought (lets say u almost cant mod without torched... .-.).
  • GripmannGripmann Posts: 41
    Man I love this weapon pack! This is going in my permanent list of mods for my torchlight. Thanks!
    Gripmann wrote:
    Man I love this weapon pack! This is going in my permanent list of mods for my torchlight. Thanks!

Im glad u like it!, i continue making more weapons, in the next update i will include the Scythe, a variant of the classic Death weapon and probably the Energon shield, i say probably cuz i am working on the textures and i am having a bit trouble making the uvs (even if the model counts less than 200 triangles lol.).

Gripmann, u didnt have any trouble spawning the weapons that have particle effects attached?? (i mean, the crash that i experience always the first time i spawn a weapon with attached particles).
    RMUK wrote:

What are your choices of tools for texturing and modelling btw Nemesis?

LOOOL. Sorry i cant believe i didnt notice your question days ago... :shock:

Well, i only have skillz on Sketchup, but since the weapons and items of torchlight doesnt require a high ammount of polys or complex organic forms, sketchup is just perfect for modelling.
    Then, once i have the model done, before i texture it, i place and scale the model on sketchup in a way that once exported, it fits perfectly the position and scale requires for TL. Then, since i dont want to export the textures (i will apply it later) i export just the model on ogre format. Next, if the model is a plain weapon (same texture from both sides) i texture the weapon in sketchup, i render it with vray and i save the render to the blender directory. Once there, i use GIMP, to open the rendered image, merge it with the alpha channel, cut and paste as a new image oriented in the right direction (so i can apply it later on Blender to the model). I save the final image as a png.

Now, i open blender, import the ogre model exported by sketchup, i clean the model (removing doubles, joining faces, etc) and if the texture is plain, i just open the texture and i apply it over the model in blender, using the unwrap bounds method. Now i retouch a bit the uv layer so i dont have bleed margins, and i export again the model in ogre format, ready to use in TL.

For complex textures (different details on both sides, front and back) i make the textures directly on gimp, using the layout created in blender, but i try not to use complex textures since i am still learning how to correct unwrap a model to use with complex textures.

Sorry for the book, i just had a lot of time to waste =)
    Hi, updated the link on the first post with the ancient shield and the scythe additions (plus some minor fixes and changes....).