Friday Update

Comments

• SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    Zidders wrote:
    Perictione wrote:
    hawkn wrote:
    Please tell me you saw the joking nature of the most recent update...

I'll say this again: Sunglasses? No.
    todd-howard-2010-12-11-21-10-49.jpg
    Todd Howard gets to walk on stage wearing a leather jacket while surrounded by a bunch of cloak wearing acolytes wreathed in smoke and fog and Skyrim goes on to sell over ten million copies. Tim Shafer acts like a freaking goofball wanna be rock star and gets over a million dollars in kickstarter money for a point and click adventure game. Max Schaefer wears shades and a 5 o clock shadow
    Max-pic.jpg
    and gets 8 million from Perfect World and sells over a million copies of Torchlight.
    I think Runic will be ok.
    If the gaming industry is going to have image, I'd rather go with the previous examples than this;
    kotick.jpg

Zidders, your post made me go exactly like this IRL, noises included:

"Oooh"
    "Yay!"
    "EEEEK!"
  • ROFL
    Good job Zidders :lol: :lol: :lol:
    The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    I'm still chuckling over Count Kotickula. That was absolutely, positively brilliant.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Lol, Activision. Image does help, and I think the dog in this past Friday's video should be the new face of Runic. :lol:
    WotWWitchlamp.jpg
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Witchlamp wrote:
    Lol, Activision. Image does help, and I think the dog in this past Friday's video should be the new face of Runic. :lol:
    Falcor is the face of Runic :D
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    Friday , March 2nd

request 1)
    video 45-60 seconds
    of Falcor chasing a ball in a park

request 2)
    video, can be short
    "Meet the Devs"
    you don't have to give details of the TL2, just have one of the MANY artists we haven't met tell us what he does at Runic

request 3)
    video
    a "behind the scenes look" at what Max does at Runic
    then show a 30 second video of him playing Minecraft, that's all, nothing else, just 30 seconds of him playing Minecraft and end the Friday update :D

all the above requests are serious requests
    I don't have a sig
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    jamesL wrote:
    Friday , March 2nd

request 1)
    video 45-60 seconds

http://vimeo.com/28875457
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    hawkn wrote:
    jamesL wrote:
    Friday , March 2nd

request 1)
    video 45-60 seconds

Haha..I love his face just as he grabs the ball. Dog joy is priceless.
  • KukukuKukuku Posts: 257
    Perictione wrote:
    hawkn wrote:
    Please tell me you saw the joking nature of the most recent update...

I'll say this again: Sunglasses? No.

Just. No.

No sunglasses. Ever.

They're okay for the beach, snowfield, driving and at altitude (where they're almost mandatory), but not for video. And not for the office. Embermages are exempt, however (the glowing eyes... it throws people off) - but do avoid mirrors, duckies. That's a serious fashion faux pas.
    - P.

Why yes, I am late to the party. :)
  • laharl9999laharl9999 Posts: 237
    Other request :
    Video of gameplay to see new skills with max settings and HD quality 1080p !
  • carrierxcarrierx Posts: 493
    Happy Maxday !

:D
    I need to see Stanos
  • carrierx wrote:
    Happy Maxday !

:D
    Falcor Friday?
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    laharl9999 wrote:

Well I can give you the name of the little wheeled robot on that page. His name is Patience. :lol:
  • DeathWalkerDeathWalker Posts: 151
    Friday update???

I need an update on either the release date of TL2 or whether there is a **** slider in the character creation :D :roll: :D
    "Pain is good for it lets me know that I am still Alive."
  • civiliancivilian Posts: 274
    Rusty wrote:
    laharl9999 wrote:

Well I can give you the name of the little wheeled robot on that page. His name is Patience. :lol:

I want that robot as a pet.
    This is my signature.
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Posts: 201
    Friday update???

I need an update on either the release date of TL2 or whether there is a **** slider in the character creation :D :roll: :D

im sure we will get a update today. Just don't expect a release date. Game isn't even in beta yet. I wouldn't expect the game out till early to mid 3rd quarter
  • BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    Friday update???

im sure we will get a update today. Just don't expect a release date. Game isn't even in beta yet. I wouldn't expect the game out till early to mid 3rd quarter

Yup, I kinda agree - the lack of any concrete information heading in March leads me to think it's more likely to launch towards end of summer or early fall.
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide
  • carrierxcarrierx Posts: 493
    Friday update???

bwaaahahaa

I got a laugh out of this.

I kinda have to wonder sometimes what they say about us at lunch.

We are all nuts....
    I need to see Stanos
  • Vernam7Vernam7 Posts: 93
    Friday again..............

c one guys give us a new gameplay video!
    or an other "usufull" interview
  • Vernam7 wrote:
    Friday again...

c one guys give us a new gameplay video!
    or an other "usufull" interview

Oh, I hope we find out what Falcor's favorite doggy-toy is...
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
    Rusty wrote:
    hawkn wrote:
    jamesL wrote:
    Friday , March 2nd

request 1)
    video 45-60 seconds

Haha..I love his face just as he grabs the ball. Dog joy is priceless.

ha, that was a great video
    more Falcor !

last Friday's video was enough official news for me. It said they were about 1/2 way finished with their 2nd pass of polish in Act 2 and they still have Act 3 to go.
    That gives me enough info right there. It lets me know that it's too early for a beta announcement; it's too early for a gameplay video; it's too early to see the skill tree.
    Ok, I'm fine with all that.
    I'd be totally happy with the videos I requested.
    I don't have a sig
  • laharl9999laharl9999 Posts: 237
    jamesL wrote:
    last Friday's video was enough official news for me. It said they were about 1/2 way finished with their 2nd pass of polish in Act 2 and they still have Act 3 to go.
    That gives me enough info right there. It lets me know that it's too early for a beta announcement; it's too early for a gameplay video; it's too early to see the skill tree.
    I thought they could start the beta because it covers only act 1, isn't it easier to correct bugs the sooner ?
    laharl9999 wrote:
    jamesL wrote:
    I thought they could start the beta because it covers only act 1, isn't it easier to correct bugs the sooner ?
    I'm thinking that polishing Act 3 might cause them to rethink the skills available in Act 1: maybe make them stronger, weaker, move them around ?
    I don't think they want to do what Blizzard did with D3 (show off these awesome skill runes and then months into the beta discover they're too difficult to balance so they decide to completely change them).
    I think Runic wants to avoid all the negative feedback and complaining that Blizz got. I think that when TL2 goes beta, they actually want to have the skill system pretty well nailed down.
    I don't have a sig
  • It said they were about 1/2 way finished with their 2nd pass of polish in Act 2 and they still have Act 3 to go.

But we don't know how many pass they do to polish an Act ?... is it 2 pass ... or is it 300 pass ?
  • It said they were about 1/2 way finished with their 2nd pass of polish in Act 2 and they still have Act 3 to go.

But we don't know how many pass they do to polish an Act ?... is it 2 pass ... or is it 300 pass ?
    I think they're going with ... "Enough", passes.
  • BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide
  • Brixtan wrote:

I... just don't know what happened there.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Brixtan wrote:

I... just don't know what happened there.

Welcome to the forum, Murkeyshadow. 8)
    ItfooQF.png
  • laowarlaowar Posts: 4
    When is the update coming
This discussion has been closed.