NecroCharmer <=My Summoner Build

TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
edited December 2012 in Alchemist Discussions
Ever since I started playing TL I only enjoyed playing the alchemist and I have played a number of times and tested out a number of builds.
My favorite build is the Pure Summoner build and so I decided to share my build :)


So here's my build that was refined through years of playing as a summoner. I'd like to call it the "NecroCharmer". Obviously stands for Necromancer + Charmer. This build will focus on Charm Spells. Now I won't be listing the skill build by saying for example, Charm Mastery - 10; Burning Bind - 10 but instead I will be explaining the "CORE" skills one by one and will be setting priorities on whether to max these skills or not. This is because it will be up to you whenever you will level up these skills because there won't be any specific level cap a player will play through their character. The highest level I played through is up to around level 70 on VH, with almost 50+(number of characters not level) feeder characters(characters played for the sole purpose of feeding items to my main character including Brom's Roughhide Tonic (+2 to Defense) and Overseer's Eye (+25 to Health) and for the retirement bonus that they will give after defeating Ordrak). Unfortunately, I forgot to back them up when I formatted my PC so I'm back to level 40 for now.

**Respec Mod is necessary for easy leveling

The CORE Skills

I. Shared Skill Tree

Adventurer
skill_adventurer.png
This skill increases FAME and EXP gain but also increases POTION EFFECTIVENESS.
Now you might say that we will get this skill mainly for the exp bonus but you're wrong. We are after the POTION EFFECTIVENESS mainly for survivability when receiving hits and because HEAL ALL benefits from this skill because HEAL ALL apparently counts as a potion. The HEAL skill however doesn't. This skill should be prioritized and should be maxed out early in the game.

Armor Expertise
skill_armormaster.png
This skill lowers ARMOR EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS and increases overall ARMOR by a set percentage.
This should be maxed out early in the game for two reasons. First reason is obviously for tanking up. You will need every bit of additional armor to survive in VH. The second reason is because better items will appear earlier in the game. Since you are also lowering the level requirement of an item, higher level equipment will start appearing earlier.

Charm Spell Mastery
skill_charmmagicmastery.png
Increases Charm Spell levels.
Since you'll be using Charm based spells, you'll have to max this out. It will increase the damage of your Charm Minions and will increase their summon duration.

Pet Mastery
skill_petmastery.png
Increases pet and minion's ARMOR and DAMAGE. Also decreases pet travel time.
Paired with an item with Decreased Pet Town Travel Time bonus, you'll have 0sec travel time. Useful when your pet is receiving a beating and your HEAL ALL skill is in cooldown, just let him go home and he will come back with full health. Practice this trick so your pet wouldn't be running around wounded. Should be maxed out.

Advanced Spellcasting
skill_spellmastery.png
Reduces the level requirements of all Spells and improves Mana recharge rate.
You can use spells above your level as long as you've already learned them. Taking advantage of the level requirement reduction of this skill is necessary if you want to learn level VI skills earlier in the game. The max level for learning this skill will depend on your playing style, level 3-4 should be enough for spamming Terror. But if you want the luxury of not having to use potions, you can max this out. I have never drank a single health or mana potion since level35+. :)

Block and Parry
skill_block.png
Increases the chance to block, either with or without a shield.
Since your play style as a summoner should be staying out of the action this skill is not a necessity but if you're getting hit a lot you should consider putting some levels on this skill. A few blocks can save you from suddenly receiving damage.

II. Arcane Tree

Ember Strike
skill_emberstrike.png
A bolt of burning energy from the sky strikes the target location.
The only skill besides Ember Lightning that ignores wall and ledge blocking. In other words, a "strike-anywhere" skill. Other skills of the alchemist will get block and dissipated by walls and since the best way to avoid enemies is by staying behind walls or ledges these skills are useless. Ember Strike offers huge AOE damage for added DPS. Just 1 level is enough since most of your damage will come from your minions.

III. Battle Tree

Ember Phase
skill_emberphase.png
Phase to a new location, dealing damage as you enter and exit nether space.
Only taken for the "teleport" part and nothing else. Will help you in quickly maneuvering around a big map and getting out of ambush. Just 1 level is enough.

IV. Lore Tree

Burning Bind
skill_burningbind.png
Your minons are enraged, resulting in improved damage and attack speeds.
Increases attack speed and damage of all your minions. Take note that minions summoned by your pet doesn't count as your own so they won't be receiving this buff. Should be maxed out but not necessarily your priority early in the game. Level it up if you find that your minions are taking a while clearing out a mob.

Thorned Minions
skill_petreflect.png
Your minions are imbued with crackling energy that reflects the damage foes inflict on them.
Reflects damage received by your minions back. Very useful against bosses specially those with AOE skills. Not very useful on normal mobs. 1 level on this skill should be enough up until lvl40, level it up as soon as you have extra skill points. Should be maxed but not a priority.

Terror
skill_terror.png
Causes enemies within range to flee in mortal terror.
This will be your best friend. Spamming this nonstop will cause confusion on your enemies and will cause them to just run around while your minions take their sweet time killing them. Very effective on small monsters especially those fast running green skeletons, goblins, dwarves, and those small tribe like creatures with spears(lol dunno' the name). Larger enemies are much more resistant to flee. This skill greatly increases your survivability so be sure to spam it all the time and in between skills. Level 1 should be enough just make sure you spam it all the time because they will only flee for 2 secs at level 1.

Summon Alchemical Golem
skill_alchemistgolem.png
Summon an Alchemical Golem to attack your foes.
Summons your basic melee golem. Now there is much argument on whether to max this guy early in the game or not. I prefer only 1 level on this guy. He only serves as an added DPS to your 15 skeletons and to your pet's 8 archers and 3 zombies(will be covered later on pet skills). You can level this skill up at higher levels but I recommend using those points on other skills. Your skeletons will deal more damage anyway.

Summon Beam Golem
skill_alchemistgolem_beam.png
Summon a Golem to blast your foes with a beam of electricity.
Much like the first golem but this time a ranged one. Just 1 level would be enough for the same reasons I stated above.

Now you should be wondering by now, "What about the Nether Imp?". Now about that.
DON'T GET THEM!
You can get them early in the game when you still don't have your skeletons but you should "respec" them out of your build as soon as you have your charm minions.
Reasons not to get them, I've tested it out on various occasions so I know what I'm talking about:
- They are a hassle to summon cause' you'll need corpses. But at higher levels, your minions will deal critical blows most of the time and their won't be any corpses left.
- They don't deal much damage. Even if there are 6 of them, your skeletons will deal more damage.
- They easily die. Hex Imps have only 80% armor, skeletons have 110%, and blood skeletons have 100% and 25% blocking.
- They attack slower than a normal skeleton but I have to say that they attack faster than a blood skeleton but not that much
- And did I already say that they are a hassle to summon?

The CORE Spells

I. Main Spells
Main spells are your spells and Pet spells as it's counterpart.

a. Minions
These are your Charm Minions. 5 Skeletons can be summoned from a single spell so with 3 skeleton spells you'll have 15 all in all. The damage dealt by your minions scales up depending on the size of your enemy. At character level 40 with rank 10 minions, and level 10 Pet Mastery with level 10 Burning Bind they will deal around 1000 to 2000 damage on small enemies, but will deal around 5k - 15k on large bosses.

Summon Blood Skeleton
spell_summonsbloodskeleton.png
Summons a Blood Skeleton to attack your foes.
Blood Skeletons have 25% Chance to Block, 10% Health Stolen, and 5% Health Stolen to Master. A very rare spell, you should regularly check the Gem Seller for this skill. A very strong minion with lifesteal and shares it to you.

Summon Skeleton I to VI
spell_summonskeleton.png
Summons a Skeletal Warrior to attack your foes.
Depending on the availability, you should have 2 instances of this spell. Summon Skeleton VI will summon skeleton warriors with ice imbued attacks and shield.

b. Support

Heal All I to VI
spell_healall.png
Heals the caster and all allies.
Self explanatory. This spell synergizes with the Adventurer Skill. Check Adventurer Skill above for details.

II. Pet Spells
Spell Mastery are shared with your pet including Offensive Spell Mastery, Defensive & Charm. Therefore putting Charm spells on your pet will take advantage of this. Now why Charm spells?

Let's first take a look on the offensive spells.
Only Bee Swarm, Frost, and Poison Cloud are worth considering. Flaming Sword has very huge cooldown so that's out of the question. Bee Swarm can be used for added DPS but the addition is negligible compared to let's say Zombies. Frost can be used to slow down the enemy but your pet is not the best spell caster. He won't cast it properly so it would just be a waste. Poison Cloud on the other hand is another addition to DPS, but level VI Zombies have the highest poison damage, not to mention the lifesteal they will give to your pet. Other offensive buffs are also useless, they will just drain your pet's mana, because he will spam his buff even when there are no enemies.

Defensive Spells
Among the defensive spells only Web and Silence are worth considering. Summon Aloe Gel will die in one hit. Repel isn't actually appropriate. Heal spells and other buff spells are also out of the question because like I said, you're dog isn't actually the smartest caster in the game. He will spam these skills even if you're in town.

Charm Spells
Now you have a lot of choices Archer, Skeleton, Blood Skeleton and Zombie. But actually you only have two, you can only choose Archer and Zombies. Why? Your pet(dog/cat) will never summon more than 1 Skeleton and 2 Blood Skeletons. Not unless you caught a GIANT BOG PERCH that will permanently transform your dog into a Thorned Strider (a.k.a. Spell Spammer Pet). This is the only pet I tested so far that can spam the spells until his minions will reach max number. So unless you haven't caught one yet, stick to Archers and Zombies. You'll find your pet summoning this guys rather effectively than giving him some offensive spells.

Summon Archers
spell_summonskeletalarcher.png
Summons a pack of skeleton archers.
8 archers at max level.

Summon Zombies
spell_summonzombie.png
Summons a pack of uncontrollable Zombies to attack your foes. Version VI Zombies have the most vicious poison attack of all!
Summons 3 Ghouls with 110% Poison attack and +5 Critical with 5% lifesteal granted to summoner.


That's all for now.
«1

Comments

  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Nice write-up!
    This will be a big help to a lot of beginner players! I am glad you added the reasoning behind each decision, so the new players can begin to understand the mechanics behind the game.
  • Rusty wrote:
    Nice write-up!
    This will be a big help to a lot of beginner players! I am glad you added the reasoning behind each decision, so the new players can begin to understand the mechanics behind the game.

    tnx, i'll be updating this with item builds and strategy sometime soon :)
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    nice guide. did u ever play with a destroyer summoner? coz i did some calculations and found that spectral decay is better than burning bind.
  • zekrom wrote:
    nice guide. did u ever play with a destroyer summoner? coz i did some calculations and found that spectral decay is better than burning bind.

    i'll try and verify that later :) thanks for the tip
    but it still depends on gameplay, i still, as of now, prefer BB than SD, i play my new summoner(same but without ember strike) as a full-back character, i always keep a distance from enemies and i only rarely get hit, my problem with SD is it's range, it requires you to be at short distance with your target but BB can be cast even if your minions are far from you, and BB will persist up to every monster as long as the duration isn't up, but SD will be gone as soon as the monster dies, requiring you to go at close range and re-cast w/c is a bit dangerous for a paper thin summoner :)
  • TheBatotot wrote:
    zekrom wrote:
    nice guide. did u ever play with a destroyer summoner? coz i did some calculations and found that spectral decay is better than burning bind.

    i'll try and verify that later :) thanks for the tip
    but it still depends on gameplay, i still, as of now, prefer BB than SD, i play my new summoner(same but without ember strike) as a full-back character, i always keep a distance from enemies and i only rarely get hit, my problem with SD is it's range, it requires you to be at short distance with your target but BB can be cast even if your minions are far from you, and BB will persist up to every monster as long as the duration isn't up, but SD will be gone as soon as the monster dies, requiring you to go at close range and re-cast w/c is a bit dangerous for a paper thin summoner :)

    i'm confused :) when you say destroyer-summoner, are you referring to a modded class? or an alchemist build? because i don't use any class mod O_O
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    TheBatotot wrote:
    TheBatotot wrote:
    zekrom wrote:
    nice guide. did u ever play with a destroyer summoner? coz i did some calculations and found that spectral decay is better than burning bind.

    i'll try and verify that later :) thanks for the tip
    but it still depends on gameplay, i still, as of now, prefer BB than SD, i play my new summoner(same but without ember strike) as a full-back character, i always keep a distance from enemies and i only rarely get hit, my problem with SD is it's range, it requires you to be at short distance with your target but BB can be cast even if your minions are far from you, and BB will persist up to every monster as long as the duration isn't up, but SD will be gone as soon as the monster dies, requiring you to go at close range and re-cast w/c is a bit dangerous for a paper thin summoner :)

    i'm confused :) when you say destroyer-summoner, are you referring to a modded class? or an alchemist build? because i don't use any class mod O_O

    i mean playing the destroyer class like a summoner. destroyer has a skill called spectral decay. if u use it, your summons will deal more damage than alchemist's burning bind as long as they do physical damage(this IS the case with most of the skeletons and archers). and unlike BB, it affects ALL summons including pet's bcoz u cast it on enemies rather your allies so it dosent matter who hits them
  • Great guide. Not long winded or technical. Didn't know about adventurer and heal all. Also the spell to avoid walls is I found useful. I've had this game but never opened it until now. I loved playing necro in Diablo. The only way to roll. I agree about imps. To much of a pain to deal with.

    I've been putting silence and heal self on my pet. I'm only level 10 cause I can not not check HC box. Lol. Ill replace heal self for zombies and try it. How useful is silence? Without experience its hard to know if or how much it's helping. Thanks for the tip about thorned spider. Any level requirements of where about to find it?
  • WaffletimeWaffletime Posts: 215
    Doing this build right now for my 2nd playthrough, and it's going swimmingly. Put most of my points into Armor/Pet/Charm boost and my 3 4 and 5 are set up to be skeletons 1-3. Also have Skele, Skele Archer, and Heal all 4 waiting for me to hit 19.

    The only difficulty I've had was at the very start as it took a very long time to nab a Skeleton and 2 wands.

    So in the words of a character few will remember--

    F this build, F for FABULOUS!
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    Waffletime wrote:
    Doing this build right now for my 2nd playthrough, and it's going swimmingly. Put most of my points into Armor/Pet/Charm boost and my 3 4 and 5 are set up to be skeletons 1-3. Also have Skele, Skele Archer, and Heal all 4 waiting for me to hit 19.

    The only difficulty I've had was at the very start as it took a very long time to nab a Skeleton and 2 wands.

    So in the words of a character few will remember--

    F this build, F for FABULOUS!

    haha, been there, that's why i use other characters to farm for skeleton scrolls before starting a new summoner :)

    glad you liked it
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    With learning spells can you only have so many? I noticed on some of the summons spells you put I-VI
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • DeoreDXDeoreDX Posts: 6
    Good read as I was planning on making a summoning Alchemist for my next build. Actually it will be my second build as I just leveled my 1st ever build (a destroyer) up to about level 60 and will be starting over with a new character. Around level 45 I tried summoning zombies and found out how useful summoning a small hoard was (I had a archers and zombies and my pet has skeletons and more zombies). I was planning on making my next build around summoning and this is a great read up on it.
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    Nyro wrote:
    With learning spells can you only have so many? I noticed on some of the summons spells you put I-VI

    spells have 6 different levels with varying level requirements with the exception of some special or rare spells that have only 1 level

    for example, the Summon Skeleton spell, it has 6 different spell levels that can be learned at levels 3, 8, 13, 18, 24, and 28
    but the Blood Skeleton Spell can that has only 1 level can only be learned at level 19
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    TheBatotot wrote:
    Nyro wrote:
    With learning spells can you only have so many? I noticed on some of the summons spells you put I-VI

    spells have 6 different levels with varying level requirements with the exception of some special or rare spells that have only 1 level

    for example, the Summon Skeleton spell, it has 6 different spell levels that can be learned at levels 3, 8, 13, 18, 24, and 28
    but the Blood Skeleton Spell can that has only 1 level can only be learned at level 19

    Sorry what i meant was...for example if i learn summon skeleton or Zombies lvl 1....does it automatically learn/replace the level 1 with lvl 2,3,4,5...and so on later via scroll or just learning...or if i learn lvl 1 does it take a slot up to where i can only learn so many spells? Did that make more sense? Sorry it is hard to describe what i am trying to say. Basically am i limited on the amount of spells i can learn...and if i learn lvl 1,2,3,4 does it ruin me being able to learn lvl 6 because i have no room left.
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    Nyro wrote:
    TheBatotot wrote:
    Nyro wrote:
    With learning spells can you only have so many? I noticed on some of the summons spells you put I-VI

    spells have 6 different levels with varying level requirements with the exception of some special or rare spells that have only 1 level

    for example, the Summon Skeleton spell, it has 6 different spell levels that can be learned at levels 3, 8, 13, 18, 24, and 28
    but the Blood Skeleton Spell can that has only 1 level can only be learned at level 19

    Sorry what i meant was...for example if i learn summon skeleton or Zombies lvl 1....does it automatically learn/replace the level 1 with lvl 2,3,4,5...and so on later via scroll or just learning...or if i learn lvl 1 does it take a slot up to where i can only learn so many spells? Did that make more sense? Sorry it is hard to describe what i am trying to say. Basically am i limited on the amount of spells i can learn...and if i learn lvl 1,2,3,4 does it ruin me being able to learn lvl 6 because i have no room left.


    you only have 4 spell slots for your character and only 2 for your pet, learning a level 2 spell won't replace the previous level spell but instead will take up another slot, you'll have to delete a low level spells whenever you fill up the 4 slots if you want to learn a higher level one, hope that explains it :)

    *you'll need a spell scroll for each level, it won't level up on it's own
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    Yes...that explains it...was not aware i could delete spells without penalty or something like that.
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    Few questions about the strategy behind a few odd placements in skills...

    Block and Parry- Since your minions should pretty much be a meat shield and taking on most of the mobs for you is this truely needed?

    Ember Strike- Kind of the same point of view as block and parry.

    Both Golems- are this more of spot fillers in case your summon spells are just not enough?
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    Nyro wrote:
    Block and Parry- Since your minions should pretty much be a meat shield and taking on most of the mobs for you is this truely needed?
    it is not actually a necessity like i said on the guide, if you can master terror spamming and phasing while recasting your summons you won't need block and parry, you won't even need to cast ember shield once you master kiting
    Nyro wrote:
    Ember Strike- Kind of the same point of view as block and parry.
    strike is an excellent addition to your overall DPS, and it is, in my opinion, essential for a summoner. your summons are controlled by AI and they will target the first monster that they will see, sometimes ignoring the mobs that go through them, it will take a while before they reset aggro on other monsters so it would be faster if you just clear them out on your own rather than waiting for your summons to kill them for you
    Nyro wrote:
    Both Golems- are this more of spot fillers in case your summon spells are just not enough?
    i suggested in my guide that you put only 1 level on both golems, they are an excellent addition to DPS even at level 1, you'll only spend 2 skill points for them so why not? they have excellent survivability so they are a great addition to your team
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    I had no idea that the reaction time on the AI was a little slower so that explains it....Thank you for explaining all three points.


    Edit: Is pet minion damage more important then pet minion speed do you think?

    Asking because i got 2x unique helms i can not choose between...

    one has- +15% Pet/minion HP and 30% minion/pet speed

    other has- +25% minion/pet damage and 10% minion/pet speed
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Go with the higher damage. The pet per se is already faster than most monsters, and you will also get some speed of reaction payback from the "kill then retarget" effect of higher pet/minion damage. Skeleton warriors/blood skeleton minions are also already quite fast, as well, and they are usually your summoner workhorses.

    dreamrider
  • NyroNyro Posts: 142
    dreamrider wrote:
    Go with the higher damage. The pet per se is already faster than most monsters, and you will also get some speed of reaction payback from the "kill then retarget" effect of higher pet/minion damage. Skeleton warriors/blood skeleton minions are also already quite fast, as well, and they are usually your summoner workhorses.

    dreamrider

    Thank you for the Reply am currently lvl 37 and throughly enjoying this build...so much fun to play and an amazing farmer.
    2sbslt3.jpg
  • DeoreDXDeoreDX Posts: 6
    I've leveled my summoner up to Level 24 so far. I did read through this guide before I started my summoner but I didn't follow it word for word but it did give me a good idea how I wanted to play my summoner. After 24 levels I'm re-reading this thread to see how my build differed from the OP's. I am playing Hard (not **** either) instead of VH or VHHC.

    I. Shared Skill Tree
    -Adventurer: I don't really have a use for this skill because I don't use the Heal All spell.
    -Armor Expertise: Prioritized. First skill I maxed
    -Charm Spell Mastery: Prioritized
    -Pet Mastery: Prioritized
    -Advanced Spellcasting: Putting points in when I can but not a huge priority
    -Block and Parry: No use for this skill so far.

    II. Arcane Tree
    -Ember Strike: No points so far but I plan on putting some in after my priority skills have been increased/maxed. I really don't need it but it is a spell I like so I'll pick it up when I have some free points.
    -Magic Weapons Expertise: I added this one because I'm using a wand. Not a priority just a point in there on occasion for the extra wand damage. Level 24 I may have 3-4 points in the right now. If I had it to do over again I might have saved those points to bump up some other skills eariler.

    III. Battle Tree
    -Ember Phase: One point for the ability to move around the map and get the heck out of Dodge.

    IV. Lore Tree
    -Burning Bind: Couple of points so far. Plan on maxing it but slowly as it is not a priority. Probably every 4th or 5th points until it is maxed.
    -Thorned Minions: No use for this in the lower levels but I plan on putting some points into it before I hit the ~30's floors specifically for the bosses.
    -Terror: One point just to give myself some space.
    -Summon Alchemical Golem: One point. I consider him my second pet.
    -Summon Beam Golem: Will be putting a point in when I can.

    Spells:
    -Summon Blood Skeletons: I installed the merchant mod specifically to try to get this. Took me 1.5 hours of just entering and exiting the game to get the spell but I finally got it! They are great!
    -Summon Skeleton (highest level available): Self explanatory. Can't have enough Skeletons.
    -Summon Zombies (highest level available): Instead of a second lower level Skeleton spell I have Zombies. I find 10 Skeletons are enough for most Mobs and I like having the Zombies available since you can directionally cast them and place them where you want. Makes for a good meat shield during those times you happen to wander into an area and your pack of minions are lagging behind and you need an instant meat shield.
    -Identify: If I find I'm in need of more minions or more I might substitute another Skeleton spell here but for now on Hard Non-**** I'll just leave Identify here for the convenience.

    Pet Spells:
    -Summon Zombies:
    -Summon Skeleton Archers: The Pet seems to do a pretty good job at summoning the archers and Zombies.

    Game Play:
    First thing I do is I cast my Golem and then I start spamming Skeletons until a summon causes a Skeleton to disappear with a blue flash. After that I sort of count in my head and spam a skeleton every 5 seconds alternating between Blood skeletons and normal skeletons. Doing it this way even on Hard my Skeletons remain fairly fresh as the oldest most damaged skeletons are unsummoned as the new one replaces it, and I don't have to worry about healing my Skeletons. I can just banish and re-cast a new fresh skeleton to take it's place before he dies. I use a wand and shield, and Mana leech in my wand and (and in a trinkey or helmet IIRC) with Advanced spell casting seems to do a good job of keeping my Mana up. I never have to Mana pot. Zombies and Blood Skeletons keep my health up. When I see a Mob I'll cast burning bind and let my minions take care of them, I'm not constantly spamming burning bind just when I see a Mob. I'll throw some bolts from my wand into the Mob for the leeching and to help take care of stragglers. Right click is on Ember Phase to get me out of the way in case any bad guys get close. If my mana is looking low I'll use Terror instead of Ember Phase as it is spammable even with just one point and will keep most of the smaller baddies away from me. For the most part I don't take damage and my minions are strong enough to take care of all the bad guys with just a little bit of assist from my wand. Unless there is a troll or a unique character I can just stroll around the map picking up loot as my minions sweep the map for me.
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    DeoreDX wrote:
    -Adventurer: I don't really have a use for this skill because I don't use the Heal All spell.
    the exp/fame bonus are worth the points for faster leveling though :)
    DeoreDX wrote:
    -Summon Blood Skeletons: I installed the merchant mod specifically to try to get this. Took me 1.5 hours of just entering and exiting the game to get the spell but I finally got it! They are great!
    it took you only one and a half hours? it took me almost a week to get my first one, haha

    i haven't played other difficulties aside from VH so it's hard for me to estimate for game play in Hard but i'm sure you'll be needing Heal All sometime in the later levels unless you want to carry potions with you

    thanks for the feedback but my recent build is a bit different now than what i stated here and i'm planning to update this or create a new one, it would be nice if you could check it out again sometime in the future and compare our builds, :)
  • DeoreDXDeoreDX Posts: 6
    TheBatotot wrote:
    the exp/fame bonus are worth the points for faster leveling though :)


    i haven't played other difficulties aside from VH so it's hard for me to estimate for game play in Hard but i'm sure you'll be needing Heal All sometime in the later levels unless you want to carry potions with you

    I do have a couple of points in it for the Exp gain.

    I do keep pots for myself but I don't really have to use them because I just stay out of trouble with Terror + Phase. I imagine on VH the Heal All might be helpful to keep all of your minions alive since constantly spamming minions can get Mana heavy without some good mana regen or leech.
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    DeoreDX wrote:
    TheBatotot wrote:
    the exp/fame bonus are worth the points for faster leveling though :)


    i haven't played other difficulties aside from VH so it's hard for me to estimate for game play in Hard but i'm sure you'll be needing Heal All sometime in the later levels unless you want to carry potions with you

    I do have a couple of points in it for the Exp gain.

    I do keep pots for myself but I don't really have to use them because I just stay out of trouble with Terror + Phase. I imagine on VH the Heal All might be helpful to keep all of your minions alive since constantly spamming minions can get Mana heavy without some good mana regen or leech.

    i use heal all to heal my summons because it's already there and it would be a waste not to use it periodically, but the main reason i have it is for quick HP recovery from Zealot's Lightning, the effect of Heal All is almost the same as Grand Health Potion though, i just find it more convenient than carrying potions :)
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    Nyro wrote:
    I had no idea that the reaction time on the AI was a little slower so that explains it....Thank you for explaining all three points.
    reaction time is not "slower". what happens is when pets target their closest enemy they wont bother about the others who are attacking u until their target is dead. so TheBatotot suggests ember strike.(i personally think ember shock is better though. its spammable and stuns)
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    DeoreDX wrote:
    I. Shared Skill Tree
    -Adventurer: I don't really have a use for this skill because I don't use the Heal All spell.....
    how is adventurer related to heal all? adventurer increases POTION effectiveness, not spell's right..?
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    zekrom wrote:
    DeoreDX wrote:
    I. Shared Skill Tree
    -Adventurer: I don't really have a use for this skill because I don't use the Heal All spell.....
    how is adventurer related to heal all? adventurer increases POTION effectiveness, not spell's right..?


    i have tested it out that Heal All synergizes with potion effectiveness :)
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    TheBatotot wrote:
    zekrom wrote:
    DeoreDX wrote:
    I. Shared Skill Tree
    -Adventurer: I don't really have a use for this skill because I don't use the Heal All spell.....
    how is adventurer related to heal all? adventurer increases POTION effectiveness, not spell's right..?


    i have tested it out that Heal All synergizes with potion effectiveness :)
    whoa!!! awesome
  • TheBatototTheBatotot Posts: 31
    zekrom wrote:
    whoa!!! awesome

    but only heal all, heal spell doesn't, i wonder why
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    @TheBatotot
    i tested it too and dint find any relation between adventurer and heal all(or heal). adventurer 10 and heal all VI still giving 845 hp.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.