Torchlight 2 will have over 1400 unique items.

2»

Comments

• All I want to know is...

Will my favorite weapon be coming back?
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • globalistglobalist Posts: 106
    I don't care how many there are as long as they are really unique, i.e. I will not be able to find 2 or more instances of the same weapon/armor during one playtrhough as was often the case in TL1.
  • Doesn't anybody think that it slightly spoils the enjoyment? You don't feel excited to see a unique drop since it happens all the time (Like D3). One of the most fun things in ARPGs is seeing an item drop going and you getting pumped to see what it is.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    You should try RnF's LAO3 mod - it adds some 20K items. And there's a part 2 that adds another 20K :P
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    SgtSilock wrote:
    Doesn't anybody think that it slightly spoils the enjoyment? You don't feel excited to see a unique drop since it happens all the time (Like D3). One of the most fun things in ARPGs is seeing an item drop going and you getting pumped to see what it is.

Unique items in this game are like yellow items in Diablo III while red or legendary items in this game are like orange legendaries in that game.
    ItfooQF.png
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    SgtSilock wrote:
    Doesn't anybody think that it slightly spoils the enjoyment? You don't feel excited to see a unique drop since it happens all the time (Like D3). One of the most fun things in ARPGs is seeing an item drop going and you getting pumped to see what it is.

Uniques hardly ever exited me in the Diablo Games. It was more the rares and and in some cases the blues due to the randomness of the rolls. If lucky on the rolls it would beat an Unique for the most part. D3 The Uniques became more like Rares and sadly any other type of item is useless. I had hoped with the loot 2.0 and later patches that Rares and Blues would still be able to compete.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
2»