Time to warm up.

SimonSaysBakaSimonSaysBaka Posts: 648 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in Art and Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yloBAHBjr2Y

Got back into blender, made my first sword its a fast one tho, textures are a bit unplanned. Got to get back into 3d stuff for Torchlight 2 modding :D
I like Cake!

Comments

• RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    *Sigh* I wish I could do similar things.

Truly that was very nice for being quick work. You do amazing work. I am super excited to have you joining us for modding in TL2!
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    yeah, that's really awesome

I just watched this video
    Blender 2.5 Sword Speed Model
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-vtnkG ... re=related

it shows somebody actually making a sword
    it is so much work

and yours is way more detailed than that one

I don't think I have the patience or discipline to sit and learn to do that
    I don't have a sig
  • SimonSaysBakaSimonSaysBaka Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Thx, cant wait to get to make some cool looking stuff for TL2. Funny thing is blender is a really simple program, simple as in easy to use, cus its still a complex and fully working 3d program for games, and its free :D Do some tutorials guys, it isnt as hard as people might belive it to be :D
    I like Cake!
    warming up some more :D

45 min model of an old concept i made
    45minSword.jpg
    about 1 hour model of an old concept i made
    glaive.jpg

just warming up, will have to make stuff that matches the game later tho :D
    I like Cake!
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    I am starting my warm up as well. After 12 hours at it, I am just about done with my flaming sword. Take a look at this sweet thang!
    flamingswordk.jpg

That is how your short, quick work makes me feel about my work Simon. Major props to you. I hope this made someone smile. It is a joke.
  • That's some really nice work, and if those times include the texturing I'm in awe of your machine-like abilities.
    signature-small.png
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Rusty wrote:
    I am starting my warm up as well. After 12 hours at it, I am just about done with my flaming sword. Take a look at this sweet thang!
    flamingswordk.jpg

That is how your short, quick work makes me feel about my work Simon. Major props to you. I hope this made someone smile. It is a joke.

I like the crookedness of it, it keeps your enemies guessing about which way it's coming from!
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    icetears wrote:
    Thanks for announcement our audience EP up actuality afore we did,
    it's air-conditioned you begin us!

That has to be one the most classic bot attempts at a human message, ever! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: "foe"ed the poor thing :P
    Torchmodders
    hey here's my warm-up...
    PYRIM.jpg

It's a cheat actually - I made this in SketchUp. I have actually been able to get it into Blender (thanks to a SU-OGRE IO script by Fabrizio Nunnari and the new OGRE-Blender IO script by Dusho). But learning Blender itself (to make the model usable in Torchlight1) is going reeeaaalllyyy slowly for me :(
    Torchmodders
  • My sad attempt to warm up from near non-existant experince in modeling:
    viewtopic.php?f=21&t=32708

But it is fun so I shall continue and hopefully get better. I don't know how that amazing of a model and texture is done in an hour or less...

I am "cheating" using sketchup as well and importing into blender...
    Those are nice models AG! I posted on your thread too :)

I should probably do the same and start my own thread about my modeling attempts, so as not to hijack Simon's thread :P
    Torchmodders
    Cool stuff guys, and be my guest isnt really my thread keep on posting the epicness! :D
    I like Cake!
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    If we can all post our stuff in here then I guess I might as well post something...

Some of you may remember my Royal Armory mod for TL1; naturally, I'm planning on releasing a version of it for TL2. Thing is, TL2 introduces a few new weapon types that weren't in TL1, and thus were not addressed in the existing mod, so that of course means I need to make new royal weapons for five additional categories: the greataxe, greathammer, greatsword, fist weapon, and cannon.

This screenshot contains the work I've done on the first four; I'm ready to call them essentially done, although I might make a few texture tweaks here and there as I continue to examine them. (The cannon, not pictured here, is incomplete but has been modeled and has its UVs 99% done.)
    royal_armory_tl2_prev.jpg
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Whoah, really nice models and texturing there Ark!
    Torchmodders
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Nice stuff Arkham, wish I could texture like that.
    You should check out this journal post I put up on the Torchlight dA group. It has links to useful tutorials for painting torchlight-esque textures. I update it periodically when I find new tutorials to post up.

http://the-lure-of-ember.deviantart.com ... -279994865
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!