So I'm creating my own class, but...

MrDressupMrDressup Posts: 5
edited June 2012 in TorchED Community Help
since I'm new to making my own class (bought this game just last week), I learned about skill making by examining the skills of existing classes, namely:

1. GnaReffotsirk - StormRider class (rapid strike, rollback and sprint)

2. BlacK - Nethermage Class (blast imbue)

3. Season - Ice Queen class (icespring)

I'm probably going to have to copy and change the deflector shield skill from the Airbender class as well. My class needs a skill like it..

Rollback, sprint and rapid strikes are mostly the same, but I've changed the other skills quite a bit.

I'm going to give them them credit if I'm allowed to post it. Would it be okay to post my class?

Comments

• RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    As long as you are giving due credit, most people are okay with you using their stuff.

This is a pretty open community, so we share and let others use. If we were closed, then you would never learn to mod.
  • MrDressupMrDressup Posts: 5
    Rusty wrote:
    As long as you are giving due credit, most people are okay with you using their stuff.

This is a pretty open community, so we share and let others use. If we were closed, then you would never learn to mod.

Okay, that's great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to tell me what I wanted to know.
  • Can't wait to play your class MrDressUp! :)
  • 5hassay5hassay Posts: 40
    In addition to what has already been said, you might want to contact the authors of those mods and ask for permission to do this, while noting to them you will provide credit

I guess this might be optional, though (I am new to this community)
  • It should be fine as long as it is for completely nonprofit purposes. Legally you cannot be reprimanded unless you have been using another person's ideas for commercial benefit. When I use mods, either to improve them or use them for entirely new purposes, I post this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: This mod's(mods') original development is not my work nor will I ever claim it to be, and all rights and properties of this(these) mod(s) (by "this(these) mod(s)" I refer to the mod(s) that is(are) presented here: >>Insert Where To Find The Original Mod(s) Made By The Author<<) are reserved to the original developer(s), >Insert Author's(Authors') Name(s) Here<. I never will own nor claim to own any part of this(these) mod(s), and I am simply attempting to use or improve a project for noncommercial purposes/interests. Upon being asked to stop development of this mod, I would undergo the justified methods of the discontinuation of the development of this project as the author(s), >Insert Author's Name(s) Here<, reserve all intellectual property rights to this modification of the Torchlight game.

-♠
    hu2hp3.jpg