[TOOL] Destroyer Skill Calculator

TaylorBalbiTaylorBalbi Posts: 82
edited October 2011 in Destroyer Discussions
Destroyer, Alchemist and Vanquisher skills calculator is live and rocking. Be sure to check out http://www.TorchlightInsider.com while you're at it!

Here it is: http://calc.torchlightinsider.com

Supported browsers are: Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. (Haven't tested Safari or Opera)

Please post in here any corrections that need to be made and I will get to them as soon as I can.
I'll be back for Torchlight II with a calculator and more! This time I'm going to team up with Runic Games Fansite for world **** :D

Comments

• PoinasPoinas Posts: 6
    Good job!

This will help many many people.

Thumbs up for you :)
  • There're two things left to do.

1) Do some PHP do handle the Mana/Cooldown/Passive stuff

*FIXED* 2) Fix some database entries that are wrong or improper :)

Until #1 is fixed, some of the skills are going to have incorrect information (my apologies). I'll finish it up tomorrow :) Enjoy the currently broken but still awesome Skill Calculator. You can save your build by copying the "Build Link" in the top right :)

Almost done with #1 :) Just need to add the Attribute Bonuses and we're good to go!
    I'll be back for Torchlight II with a calculator and more! This time I'm going to team up with Runic Games Fansite for world **** :D
  • For the destroyer's chain vortex skill, I'm pretty sure my stun duration increased to 4 seconds after the second or third point I put in it. I found it strange, though, that the duration never increased again after adding like 6 points to it... I thought it would
  • Thanks for the heads up, fixing it now :)

*FIXED* So Rank 1 it is 3 seconds. Rank 2 through Rank 6 it is 4 seconds. Rank 7 through Rank 10 it is 5 seconds. :) Thanks again!
  • EtnaEtna Posts: 49
    Thanks for the heads up, fixing it now :)

*FIXED* So Rank 1 it is 3 seconds. Rank 2 through Rank 6 it is 4 seconds. Rank 7 through Rank 10 it is 5 seconds. :) Thanks again!

aah , then i guess there is no reason to level it beyond 7 :P
  • I have't leveled it past 6 yet so I'm not sure if maybe it increased from 4 or not.
  • I went in and went through all 10 levels of it to make sure. So what I said earlier is 100% correct :)
  • I'm not at home to check right now, but I believe that Titan Stomp's stun duration increases with additional points. You may want to double check on that one.

Thanks for the calculator though, it is quite awesome!
  • Finishing Vanquisher and will check out Titan Stomp :) (2 skills left on Vanquisher and she's done hehehe)

*EDIT* Vanquisher finished and Titan Stomp fixed :P
  • I'm using Opera 10.0.1 as a browser and I can't decrease the invested points in any given skill.

It have just the regular right-click context menu.

Also, the upper right corner (the instructions) of the page look odd.
  • RobRob Posts: 163
    Awesome, thanks Taylor.
  • I'm using Opera 10.0.1 as a browser and I can't decrease the invested points in any given skill.

It have just the regular right-click context menu.

Also, the upper right corner (the instructions) of the page look odd.

OK! The instructions I can fix, the whole no right click might be an issue. From what I can tell, Opera doesn't like me capturing the right click. I'll look into it later, for now the supported browsers are: Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. (Haven't tested Safari or Opera)
  • GodotGodot Posts: 84
    Nice, kudos for you, I still use the game itself for skil tree testing (Just console, levelup till 100, and spawn some respect potions).
    4a431ee3271ef51635666b4.png
  • chasehuberchasehuber Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    calc says shadow bowman scales @ 100% Magic (its 100% Dex)

thanks for the calcs and fast updates ^_^

edit: its bugged in game... first two levels of info show 100% dex, level 3 and up shows 100% magic soooo idk, nvm \0/
  • Works fine under Safari. Opera does indeed have the right click problem.

Great work though!
    Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?
  • MarshelMarshel Posts: 87
    awesome, TY
  • kronchevkronchev Posts: 129
    This is really great

A couple of suggestions :)

The number of invested points is kind of small

Maybe implement caching of everything so I don't have to wait for the tooltips to load

A reset button for each tree would be great

Thanks again I really did need this :)
    My build
    http://tinyurl.com/y8b6suw

My tips
    You can block without a shield, 2h weapons have the same DPS as 1h weapons, Shadow Armor is your best friend, learn your 1 point wonders: Frost Shield, Entropic Aura, Stampede, Spectral Decay
  • Reset button will definitely be coming soon. As for caching, I'll get to that when I have the time, sorry for any delays or SQL lag you experience :)
  • Took me forever to figure out it works best in full screen mode. Only way I can see the entire things. The forums here seem to work the same way. They don't display full images at the resolution I am currently running.

Is everyone using higher resolutions nowadays. I though 1024x768 was good enough.

Wish List:
    Printer Friendly button - for printing off the build.
    current skills:max skills ratio
    someplace to note down what kind of stats some one might want to run with.

Love it. Great jog.
  • question: does Devestate automaticly disrupt any active auras? cuz if so it would be a waste for me to put any points onto Entropic Aura when im gonna use Devastate in the future
  • TaylorBalbiTaylorBalbi Posts: 82
    OK! So I've been gone for an absurd amount of time and all the little bugs that existed are still there. Also, with updates to the game in my absence, some information is out of date. I could use some help updating the information, so if someone wants to go through and help me update this thing, send me a PM!
  • DGHDGH Posts: 15
    Great tool with neat graphics, but I'm missing a scrollbar. Using the scrollwheel of my mouse doesn't work but using the down arrow on my keyboard does (1280x800 - FIrefox 3.6.6)
    The Game Collector's Market - Forum for game collectors.
    "That Nordbergian wench could be a handful! Several." - Gnarl (Overlord 2)
  • Poinas wrote:
    Good job!

This will help many many people.

Thumbs up for you :)

^THIS! Saves me some time, thanks!
  • KingHancoKingHanco Posts: 34
    How many points I can use on it? It seem never run out of points.
  • DuDeDuDe Posts: 22
    For some reason the calculator will not load. A web page comes up that says internet explorer could not display page. Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem and know how to fix it.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    KingHanco wrote:
    How many points I can use on it? It seem never run out of points.

For ultimate build target (perhaps a bit impractical), use 155 Skill points. That's the max you can earn in the un-modded game, 100 levels + 55 Fame.

For build target to take on Ordrak and win campaign, use 46/54/62. That is based on tackling the boss battle at c-lvl 30, 35, or 40. It can be done sooner than 30, but its a big risk; and 40 should be a "comfortable" battle, with good weapons and armor.

dreamrider
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    You're a bot.
    ItfooQF.png
  • This doesn't seem to work anymore... it says the site or something is not responding.
  • This will be making a comeback very soon in anticipation for Torchlight II. It is already fully functional, but I'm having to do the data entry again lol.