Heal all : learn or give to pet ?

DSubDSub Posts: 47
edited January 2010 in TL General Discussions
Hi there,

I just found a "Heal all lv7" spell, do you think I better learn it or give it to my pet ?

Comments

• WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭
    Definitely Pet. It keeps them from running away too much :P
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • Seph79Seph79 Posts: 376
    I was going to jump the gun and say " Dont give it to your pet, they don't increase spell levels" Then I saw you mentioned it was a lvl 7. Definately dump it on your pet!
    If this were real life, I'd be dead....
  • MivoMivo Posts: 460
    My pet does "heal all", too. A juicy big heal every 30 seconds is quite nice. :)
  • DSubDSub Posts: 47
    Thanks !

You got me thinking : I will gve it to pet, and set him to passive by default, and set agressive only when I want to.

Would it be good to have shift+click (left or right, I don't remember which is already taken) enemy have the pet attack said enemy when in passive or defensive ?
  • In a quick paced game like this where you have to constantly run around (by clicking), it wouldn't be very versatile to try to ****-right click every monster whilst trying to fight for yourself and run around at the same time.
  • I play a Lore-based Alchemist, so I chose to have both my pet and I learn the spell. it's handy with as many minions as I have running around.
    "Modder" =/= "Cheater"
    "Modder" > "Cheater"

The difference between constructive criticism and whining is the ability to provide a realistic solution.

Felicia Day plays Torchlight!
  • AndrewNAndrewN Posts: 81
    Pet.

There is a heal self spell which you could use on yourself but you should be too busy fighting to cast heal yourself, let your wingman do it.
  • AvarielAvariel Posts: 17
    I tried to put Heal All in my pet ... But it seem he don't use it !
    I don't understand ... Do someone have n answere ?
  • AndrewNAndrewN Posts: 81
    Avariel wrote:
    I tried to put Heal All in my pet ... But it seem he don't use it !
    I don't understand ... Do someone have n answere ?

What setting have you put your pet into? In my case he is on the default setting and he just casts it, its not based on how injured you are, my pet will cast it when I am at full health. So if you have switched the pet to another aggressiveness setting then he might be doing something else.

I am not saying this is the answer, its just a suggestion, as I said it just works for me.
  • syltmansyltman Posts: 159
    I learned heal all for myself since I am 100% only summoning pets.
  • AvarielAvariel Posts: 17
    Maybe he don't use it because I have the same spell at samelvl on myself ?
    Could it be ?
  • AllovAllov Posts: 2
    It would be nice if we could tell him to cast only when someone is hurt in the party.
  • GlaiceGlaice Posts: 90
    Learn and try to find one for your pet too, as I did.
    Dungeon Crawler - Extends the length of random dungeons and makes maps larger.
  • Mivo wrote:
    My pet does "heal all", too. A juicy big heal every 30 seconds is quite nice. :)
    I find it weird that you wrote that because my pet is only healing when its not in combat.... with 100 % health its healing all the time, but when its health is low the message (that my pet needs healing) drives me crazy because it refuses to heal when its needed.

Imho Runic should change that so that the pet doesnt always heal when its on 100 % health anyways... burning mana.
  • UmbraUmbra Posts: 41
    Wait, level SEVEN?
    How the.. I thought spells only went up to VI (Six)?

Also, Heal All is best left to yourself, because your minions count as SUB-Minions (Your pet won't heal them, only himself and you.)
    horsemanv.png
  • My experience based on playing Alchemist to level 47 so far:

Don't use Heal All, on your character or your pet.

1.) It takes a spell slot. You only have 4 on your character. Would you rather heal the pets you have, or make more of them? I would rather make more.

2.) It's not that big a deal if summons die - they are easy to resummon, and as a pure Summoner, it's not like you will be doing much else, right?

3.) When used on the pet, it invokes a 30 second cooldown. I use Heal Self on the pet instead - it gives it a 8 second cooldown, and the only reason I like that is because I'm annoyed when the pet runs away.

4.) As mentioned above, the pet version of Heal All only heals the pet and his minions (if he made any...for example Skeletal Archers)

So in my opinion I would sell that spell and go buy more real summon spells. :)
  • sssteve72sssteve72 Posts: 128
    I'd dupe it a million times and sell it on E-bay for $100 a pop.
  • BuioBuio Posts: 338
    kybarsfang wrote:
    I play a Lore-based Alchemist, so I chose to have both my pet and I learn the spell. it's handy with as many minions as I have running around.

As a passive "summoner" Alchemist I'd go for first on your own, then on pet (if the pet has a summon, which I suggest the skeleton or blood skeleton). Heal self is faster and better for the pet I'd guess.

I played a passive summoner and it was great fun (until he died as lvl 21 on very hard ****). Very active skill and pet/minion management. I had imps/golem/skeletons (one from pet, one from me). Had Thorns on right-click, as I did very little combat myself. Through boosting pet/minions with armor parts and skills, they got pretty darn good. I got charged to death by goblin pet-hounds, which was partly due to me having sacrificed armor value for pet/minion stat-boosting armor parts. Next one I do, I'll not compromise myself as much.

Edit: clavarnway comments above are also true, but I guess he played somewhat differently. My tactic was to see how far I could take pets and not letting them die as priority. I had 2 summons, heal and utility spell in my slots. I only like skeleton and zombies as personal spell-summons, the sword is so short duration even though it does great damage.
  • Buio wrote:
    kybarsfang wrote:
    Edit: clavarnway comments above are also true, but I guess he played somewhat differently. My tactic was to see how far I could take pets and not letting them die as priority. I had 2 summons, heal and utility spell in my slots. I only like skeleton and zombies as personal spell-summons, the sword is so short duration even though it does great damage.
    I tried that for awhile, but I became frustrated with the inability to know the health of my pets - a simple UI change that allowed that would make it far easier. So I just said "**** it" and decided to embrace their disposable nature :D
    Do pets actually die? Mine just says "your pet is fleeing" and he runs around with no health until I feed him a potion. I've never seen one die.
  • I had self heal on my pet which was quite annoying since the pet used it every 8 seconds burning mana not having some when it was needed. So I changed to group heal spell which is used better.

Tried fireball before... the pet always shoots it when its not in line of sight and the bolt mostly hit walls etc... ergo useless.
    Tried charm. The pet annoyingly charms single mobs making it annoying to kill them.
    I also like melee enhancing casts (forgot most of the the names) like haste and stuff.
    Actually I´m using group heal and archers on the pet. Those archers are really nice.

BTW.: I gave the skeleton spell to my pet and it never ever made even one.

On another toon I´m using the spell that strikes back when it´s fightning for the pet.
    BTW.: I gave the skeleton spell to my pet and it never ever made even one.

I use skeleton on my pet and there are always 1 or 2 of them running around.