Release Date 28 August 2012

TinserTinser Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Hey guys,

I just found this news at a german gaming homepage. Official Release was announced at a press conference for the 28. august.

Link:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/torchlight-2/news/torchlight_2,46348,2569132.html

Sorry, but the link is only in german.

Sincerly
Tinser

Comments

• SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    edited June 2012
    ... or do you already know... but good news to me. Maybe that counts just for the boxed version.

Are german sites the first who mention this? I found those news here:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/torchligh ... 69132.html

http://www.gamona.de/games/torchlight-2 ... 23749.html

http://www.gamezone.de/Torchlight-2-PC- ... n-896475/#

Edit: ...Ok, I see. So thx BrianW to ~merge~ both... ;)

Daedalic Roll Back
    loose translation:
    "update 20.06.2012
    Runic is right. The quality of Torchlight 2 is priority at all times. Daedalic and Eurovideo do not want to force Runic to any releasedate. But it does not mean that this date is impossible -on the contrary it would be thinkable that the english version will be released earlier. We even estimate a later date, maybe September"
    (...)
    http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/54819/t ... -nee-2-upd

^^ I think that's the agreed statement after their meeting. :D

since today Amaon.de uses this date 2
    http://www.amazon.de/Runic-Games-Inc-To ... 937&sr=8-7
  • MrMagikarpMrMagikarp Posts: 28
    Interesting! Of course, gotta wait for the horse.
  • targrentargren Posts: 495
    Who the **** is Daedalic Entertainment?
  • daJakedaJake Posts: 31
    Deadalic publishes the Boxed German version of TLII.
  • ShadelotusShadelotus Posts: 276
    Yeah I don't buy that if its in German. I'm still shooting them on my PC in CD2. LAWL
    08e.jpg Hey hey HEeeeeeyyyy....HEYHEYHEY.png
  • eVilocityeVilocity Posts: 309
    Gamestar **** they used to be good now they should rename to "Hypestar" xD Daedalic is the german publisher for the boxed version afaik
    There's a gameshow called 5 vs 1 - no it got nothing to do with ****!
    Did JoystickMonkey just remove his denial post? xD
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭
    Until it
    MrMagikarp wrote:
    Interesting! Of course, gotta wait for the horse.

Well, technically raccoon, but correct. Unless it's on the main website, it's just a rumor.
    ItfooQF.png
    eVilocity wrote:

It would appear that he did. <_<

No.

I'm not going to fall for it. I got enough of that **** over GW2 from Gamestop's hands.

Until I see it from a yellow, or on the Runic twitter, I'm not buying it.
  • gameqb11gameqb11 Posts: 975
    either way there can still be delays with it that far out. I'll be happy with an August release though.
    Yay, TL2!!!
  • JoystickMonkeyJoystickMonkey Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭
    eVilocity wrote:
    Beings it's in a press release from our German distributor, I'm going to let BrianW or Travis make some sort of official statement. The release date is news to me though.
    Runic Level Design
    Teaching my Headcrab the finer points of necromancy.
    eVilocity wrote:
    Beings it's in a press release from our German distributor, I'm going to let BrianW or Travis make some sort of official statement. The release date is news to me though.

Fair enough :)
    BrianW say something! We can see you're here! :D
  • OrangeMintOrangeMint Posts: 203
    danngg if it is august 28 then that's a huge bummer because that's when school starts up again for me :((((
  • binarianbinarian Posts: 21
    OrangeMint wrote:
    danngg if it is august 28 then that's a huge bummer because that's when school starts up again for me :((((

Indeed. Myself and my friends went in on a pre-order pack in the hopes of playing it together over Summer, and an August release date pretty well kills any chance of that happening.
  • StehnStehn Posts: 35
    And I was hoping a June release :lol:
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 164
    eVilocity wrote:
    A reasonable stance; thank you. Oh, and as amusing as the .sig is, I thought you'd like this possible variant:

"My foes serve me twice: in dying, and in death." —Lim-Dûl, the Necromancer (Source)
    White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
    "Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,260 admin
    Hey, guys. I just wanted to jump in here and reiterate this again: if it doesn't come from us, then please take it with a grain of salt. We've seen this repeatedly from various outlets over the course of our development cycle. These are third parties who are making guesses. It's nothing more than that. When we announce a release date, you'll know. ;)
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
    Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.
    BrianW wrote:
    Hey, guys. I just wanted to jump in here and reiterate this again: if it doesn't come from us, then please take it with a grain of salt. We've seen this repeatedly from various outlets over the course of our development cycle. These are third parties who are making guesses. It's nothing more than that. When we announce a release date, you'll know. ;)
    So the statement it's a press release from you and youe publisher is just utterly wrong? Like are those guesses from the magazines or from Daedalic?
  • misterioesmisterioes Posts: 94
    It's always so weird, why would a partner disclose such information and not the developer himself.
  • BlondeKnightBlondeKnight Posts: 436
    BrianW wrote:

Translation:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a real release date. *Cough*
    Currently playing: Civilization: Gods & Kings, Crusader King's II
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    http://prime.paxsite.com/

Aug 31 - Sep 2

two blocks from their office

makes the release date window Aug 24 - Aug 31

that's my guess
    I don't have a sig
  • wboxwbox Posts: 182
    Will German stores ship the boxes outside Germany?
    When it comes down! Down to the wire!
    wbox wrote:
    Will German stores ship the boxes outside Germany?
    If you pay for shipping I guess so yeah. If not I'll send you one for let's say 40 bucks - shipping not included ofc! :P But I think Amazon should be shipping abroad.
  • wboxwbox Posts: 182
    eVilocity wrote:
    If you pay for shipping I guess so yeah. If not I'll send you one for let's say 40 bucks - shipping not included ofc! :P But I think Amazon should be shipping abroad.
    I'll probably get it on steam but I'd like to have a box.
    Thanks, going to mail ze Germans when they release it.
    When it comes down! Down to the wire!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭
    eVilocity wrote:
    BrianW wrote:
    So the statement it's a press release from you and youe publisher is just utterly wrong? Like are those guesses from the magazines or from Daedalic?

It's a guess made by a magazine based on a guess made by the publisher. The publisher probably said 'Eh, areound the end of August, maybe, maybe around the twenty-eightish, something like that' and the magazine reported it as being some arbitrary date they pulled out of their ****, more then likely. It's all about drumming up interest/webhits. Like Brian said, unless they announce it themselves,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDeC7hyzRY
    ItfooQF.png
    BrianW wrote:

Naaailed iiiit! /ShawnSpencer
  • WaffletimeWaffletime Posts: 215
    BrianW wrote:

Thaaaank the Lord.

4 days after my birthday would have been a major bummer.

*coughstillhopingforlatejuneearlyjulypersonallycough*
This discussion has been closed.