Bee Swarm!

TiamatTiamat Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Mod Showcase
Ever wanted to make your dog vomit bees? Well now you can! With the release of the editor, I'll have a write-up on how to create this ability as an example run-through.

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/node/34

http://www.torchlightinsider.com/forums ... .php?t=282

README.TXT:

Feel the power of the swarm!

Enables the Bee Swarm spell to drop in game (rarely). Teach it to your pet for extra fun! Bees are most effective against large groups, sowing panic and terror en masse.

Points in Offensive Spell Mastery makes their bee stings more painful, and the bees will stay mad longer (10s-20s)

You can spawn the scroll to test by using the console and entering "bee swarm". (This flags you, so don't ruin your legit characters testing it)

To install:
Extract to your %appdata%\Runic Games\Torchlight\mods directory.

Should resemble C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods\Bees on Vista or Windows 7.

Type %appdata% in start->run to access your application data directory.

-Tiamat

Comments

• VisVis Posts: 159
    Haha, wtf awesome!
  • NickityNickity Posts: 66
    lol
  • SoberseanSobersean Posts: 513
    Cool. The most exciting thing to me in the editor is the ability to create your own spells with their own effects and add them to the game. So I'm super hyped on seeing how it's done step by step.

The possibilities are endless. I have a wild imagination but I don't think even I would have come up with a dog vomiting bees as an offensive spell. :lol:
    Arguing over a video game? That's just silly.
  • Any idea on an exact date for the editor's release?
    I'm dying to get to modding
    I've done some serious warcraft 3 maps for years, and this will be incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHt56dl8LcI

Thats a map that I've been working on for a while that resembles a combination of Nox and Diablo 3.. but now that Torchlight came out and the editor is on its way, I've cancelled everything .. lol
  • Cool :mrgreen:
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    this is hilarious!
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • HazeHaze Posts: 353
    Haha awesome, someone should post a quick picture of it in action.
    Loading signature ...
  • heronheron Posts: 637
    very nice!
  • I am assuming you need TorchED to do this type of Mod...? as one file I do not know what application to open it with and the other has parameter values that are very obscure. Can't wait for the instructions. :D
    I am assuming you need TorchED to do this type of Mod...? as one file I do not know what application to open it with and the other has parameter values that are very obscure. Can't wait for the instructions. :D

Last I heard, big foot and the loch ness monster had the mythical editor.
  • AnniAnni Posts: 6
    this is so awesome and I love when I vomit bees IRL.
    now I can make my dog do it too.
    Common someone, do a bee vomit video!!! The internets r waiting.
  • liquidliquid Posts: 117
    Preview?
    I found it in the shop... but it's too expensive for me to buy!
    10312009_104734523.png
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • Webbstre wrote:
    you were supposed to sell all your uniques so you could show us... :D
  • BissrokBissrok Posts: 654
    Webbstre wrote:

Ah, that ****!

Personally, I'm not sure I'd ever use it, but I love the idea of it, so I had to download the mod.
    Webbstre wrote:
    you were supposed to sell all your uniques so you could show us... :D

It's my own fault... I had about 20k yesterday but spent it gambling
  • AtheosAtheos Posts: 204
    Tiamat wrote:

Points in Offensive Spell Mastery makes their bee stings more painful, and the bees will stay mad longer (10s-20s)

-Tiamat

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but will spell masteries effect pets in the first patch?
  • And lo, a Simpsons episode moment enters into the world at last! :lol:

:waits for Financial Panther mod: 8-)
  • theguytheguy Posts: 39
    awesome spell, i just tried it out with a cheat character, i gave one spell to the dog and i had one, it torn things apart, although sometimes if you are to close to the enemy and you (the player) use the spell, only a few bees come out and they disappear fast, but the dog uses them well so that's good, can it be upgraded? i was just running around the mine dungeon and it was working good, but how does it work against bigger mobs?
    getter77 wrote:
    And lo, a Simpsons episode moment enters into the world at last! :lol:

Ok, I am totally adding Financial Panther to my list of enemies for my first content pack :)
  • Webbstre wrote:
    getter77 wrote:
    And lo, a Simpsons episode moment enters into the world at last! :lol:

Ok, I am totally adding Financial Panther to my list of enemies for my first content pack :)

Excellent. :twisted:
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    The Visual C++ Error when launching torchlight occurs with this mod too but not with Heron's mod just letting you know
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Seer wrote:
    The Visual C++ Error when launching torchlight occurs with this mod too but not with Heron's mod just letting you know

This is good to know, thanks for the heads up. Did you have any special characters in your account name ? If not, what is your install version and OS?
  • i simply added this spell and a couple of other items to the vendor list, that was before you made this thread though.

since the spell was already in the game adding it to the list was all i hadta do.
  • this is totally awesome, thanks for the mod
  • Matthew Lefferts
    Lead Animator
    Runic Games
  • liquidliquid Posts: 117
    Still no video/gif preview? Come one people!
  • This mod is wacky :D
  • sdmazesdmaze Posts: 85
    This ROCKs I use it on my destroyer was lucky it dropped i love gathering them all up and hitting them all with bees it spreads like wildfire HAHAHAHAAH! love it thank you can't wait till the tools are out to make my own evil things!