2»

Comments

• ArchaliasArchalias Posts: 32
    Would really like the steam version of this but the link is dead :(
    Anyone still have it?
  • JengererJengerer Posts: 6
    edited May 2014
    Epic bump.

If anyone's interested, I took it upon myself to write a patch tool to fix the heirloom bug. It's tested on Steam and GOG, but should work for any (up to date) copy of the game. Let me know otherwise.

=== INSTRUCTIONS ===
    1. Unless you're sure you have the right version already, get the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable.
    2. Download the patch tool here.
    3. Put the EXE in the folder with your Torchlight.exe and run it once. It should say that it patched the EXE (it backs up the old one just in case, too).
    4. (OPTIONAL) I'm very confident it won't mess anything up, but I still recommend you back up your save files before you try passing an heirloom down! You can find them in %AppData%/runic games/torchlight/save/.

Screenshot of an Epic Solitude heirloom without explosive +Health values here.

I also looked into the enchant limit bug, but I don't yet understand how to fix it. Seems the limit is set to 1000.0 by default so I don't think it's much of a problem.

Next stop... Torchlight II Grand Regent death bug. ;)
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    Jengerer wrote:
    Epic bump.
    [...]
    I also managed to patch the GOG.com version, so I can upload that if someone's playing it from there.
    [...]

Woah, That's great man, please upload the GOG version, I don't mind the max enchantment bug that much :lol: so is ok if it only fixes the heirlooming bug.
  • JengererJengerer Posts: 6
    Jengerer wrote:
    Epic bump.
    [...]
    I also managed to patch the GOG.com version, so I can upload that if someone's playing it from there.
    [...]

Woah, That's great man, please upload the GOG version, I don't mind the max enchantment bug that much :lol: so is ok if it only fixes the heirlooming bug.
    I updated my post; I wrote a program that should patch any Torchlight.exe since the change is the same (for the versions I've tested at least). Just a note that it won't fix any already bugged heirloom items (it's possible, I think, but this one just fixes future heirlooms).
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    Thanks dude, great tool :P
  • AlpakaMixAlpakaMix Posts: 3

do you still have the bug fix mod? I'm playing torchlight1 currently and it would be great!

2»