Why can't i summon more than one skeleton?

lovingtimelovingtime Posts: 2
edited April 2013 in Alchemist Discussions
I've heard that you can summon up to 5 skeletons for each skel spell, but i can't summon more than one though, any idea why's that?

Comments

• dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Hmm...you do have to wait out the Spell's cooldown period before you attempt a subsequent summons, but you should see that interval counting down on the Spell icon in your Hotbar, if you have Hotkeyed the Spell. Initially, I thin it is about 15-20 seconds between casts.

You never get a simultaneous group of five skellies. You can get up to 5 active at the same time by casting the spell 5 times in sequence.

Your pet is actually better at this, when both heavily engaged enough to keep wanting more help and also healthy enough that he is not yet fleeing. Given the impetus to keep casting for more minions, the pet will of course time each successive cast precisely as soon as it is allowed.

dreamrider
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    dreamrider wrote:
    Hmm...you do have to wait out the Spell's cooldown period before you attempt a subsequent summons, but you should see that interval counting down on the Spell icon in your Hotbar, if you have Hotkeyed the Spell. Initially, I thin it is about 15-20 seconds between casts.

You never get a simultaneous group of five skellies. You can get up to 5 active at the same time by casting the spell 5 times in sequence.

Your pet is actually better at this, when both heavily engaged enough to keep wanting more help and also healthy enough that he is not yet fleeing. Given the impetus to keep casting for more minions, the pet will of course time each successive cast precisely as soon as it is allowed.

dreamrider

cooldown is 3 seconds. ALWAYS. pets cooldown is 30 seconds. ALWAYS. pet is NOT better at this. but archers maybe preferable on pet.
    zek,

Concur on the cooldown on record for Skel Warrior is 3 seconds across the board.

I haven't timed it but if pet cool down were always 30 seconds, pet would never get more than 3 Skellies active (very briefly). Duration of the Level VI Spell is 63 seconds.
    However, my observational evidence is that several times per dungeon run, my Skellie-master pet will get up to 5 Skellies active, and not just for 2-3 seconds. I've see all 5 return with the pet form the off-screen battle that they were sommoned into, then move on into the next room with pet'n'me - probably close to 10 seconds before the lead Skellie pops out of existance.

Are you perhaps confusing with the 30 sec cooldown for all Zombies?

dreamrider
    WTF??
    i saw the dat file for summon skeletons. its written clearly that cooldown is 3 seconds for human and 30 seconds for pet.
    hey just tested it and pet is summoning after each 30 secs without fail and i can summon after every 3 secs.
    What duration is indicated in the data file for top level Skellies? Maybe the pets Skellies are staying around longer than the 63 seconds that strategywiki indicates.

How hot and heavy was the combat when you pet was summoning?

Because I have certainly seen multiple periods in the last 3 days of heavy play where the pet had 5 Skellies active, and not just for a second or two.

dreamrider
    all level skels same duration(cooldown that is).

no theyre definitely staying only 63 secs in my game(i used stopwatch ;) )

the pet was attacking punchbags in town.
    Then the only way that I can imagine that the pet ever gets 5 Skellies is if the timer on Skellies that are temporarily out of picture freezes.
    The battle ranges elsewhere, more Skellies are called. Fighting drifts back over the former called Skellies and they are activated again.

dreamrider

Hey, have you noticed this "super knockback" thing with extreme high level pets and minions? I'm getting to really hate it - I have my avatar at a comfortable distance, doing what she is supposed to with the Crossbow of Enormous Support Capability, then the pet knocks a goblin halfway across the screen...right next to my gal and behind her. Bing bng boom - death before you can turn around. Makes certain Phase Portals in particular even worse than the evil minds designed them.

dreamrider
    i never reached extremely high levels. dint complete the story even once actually. im mostly testing or analysing and asking u for high level info. have 3 VHHC chars(1 of each) at level 9.
    Y'know, I really admire that. Many years ago, I used to do stuff like that with strategy board games. Spend 3 weeks digging in the stats and tables before I even got someone to sit down across the table.

dreamrider
  • I was going to add cool down but there are some other interesting concepts to consider in this thread, thanks for the read.
    Further info on pet skellies:

Pets which are transmuted to Thorned Striders (w/ Bog Perch) or to Lurkers (w/ Birdfish) seem to summon minions of the player cooldown of 3 seconds.
    (There may be other transforms that act similarly with summoning but I have not identified them.)
    Therefore, those two forms will often accumulate a full five skellies in action, which is quite awesome.

This tends to offset the great weaknesses of those two forms. Thorned Strider pets will block shots; Winged Lurker pets are just weak. But give them a personal army and I don't care much.

BTW, this further nuance explains why earlier in this thread I was insisting I had seen larger-than-possible pet minion groups.

dreamrider